ICC T20 World Cup 2024 USA/West Indies (June 2-June 29)

Who will win the T20 World Cup in 2024?

• India

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • Australia

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • England

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • South Africa

• New Zealand

• Pakistan

• West Indies

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Sri Lanka

• Bangladesh

• Afghanistan

• Netherlands

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Ireland

• Namibia

• Scotland

• Oman

• Uganda

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Nepal

• USA

• Canada

• Papua New Guinea

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

According to all cricket websites there are about 25 out of the 55 games with a 10:30am local time start throughout the tournament...Including one of the semi finals & the final at that time slot.

On Redmi Note 8 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app
It's a slap in the face to the West Indies really

It's a slap in the face to the West Indies really
It's all about the Indian TV audience I guess...All those day games in Dallas & particularly South Florida are going to be grueling for the players & any spectators that show up...The heat & humidity is sweltering there in June.

Last edited:
It's all about the Indian TV audience I guess...All those day games in Dallas & particularly South Florida are going to be gueling for the players & any spectators that show up...The heat & humidity is sweltering there in June.
That's how it is with a lot of international sports, though. The Olympics swapped swimming finals from the evening sessions to morning sessions to make it better for US TV. The AFL's feature matches are Friday nights because they get the best ratings. Even in cricket, day-night one-day matches were introduced during WSC because they got better ratings.

That's how it is with a lot of international sports, though. The Olympics swapped swimming finals from the evening sessions to morning sessions to make it better for US TV. The AFL's feature matches are Friday nights because they get the best ratings. Even in cricket, day-night one-day matches were introduced during WSC because they got better ratings.
It is a bit different from AFL and WSC though because it was benefitting the host country.

The ICC should have egg on their faces when nobody turns up to watch a 10am final

The ICC should have egg on their faces when nobody turns up to watch a 10am final
Agree here, when you are trying to grow a sport in a particular country like the USA, you need to make the games accessible to the people.

Your not necessarily trying to grow the sports in particular countries with the Olympics

The draw came out last night for the T20 World Cup.

GDFnZvEWQAIrNcW

whats happened to Zimbabwe ?

as one of the 12 test nations, i would've thought they'd be able to qualify for a 20 team competition with relative ease.

how did they not qualify ahead of one of namibia/uganda?

kenya is another nation thats gone backwards in the last 20 years or so.

i get it the zimbabwe didnt make the 2019 and 2023 odi world cup , only being a 10 team tournament, however they will be back for the 2027 odi world cup as a co-host.

as one of the 12 test nations, i would've thought they'd be able to qualify for a 20 team competition with relative ease.

Because both Namibia and Uganda beat them. If they won 1 of those matches, they would have qualified.

i get it the zimbabwe didnt make the 2019 and 2023 odi world cup , only being a 10 team tournament, however they will be back for the 2027 odi world cup as a co-host.
Because only two slots were available for WC Qualification from the African region ( Teams that couldn't qualify directly like SA )

Among the 7 African teams that played the qualifiers, Zimbabwe and Namibia were the strongest teams who were also expected to qualify for the WC. It was obvious that the winner of the Zimbabwe and Namibia match will qualify to the WC with ease and in the match between them Namibia won against Zimbabwe due to being more familiar of the conditions at the venue as the whole qualifier tournament was played in Namibia.

After the loss to Namibia, Zimbabwe had to win all the remaining matches and they would have still qualified. But they dropped the match against Uganda so Zimbabwe lost two matches, Uganda only dropped one match which was against Namibia and Namibia dropped nothing so both Namibia and Uganda qualified.

It was that one upset loss against Uganda that cost Zimbabwe the World Cup slot.

Last edited:

It might be a case of African qualifying being quite competitive and allocations tight.

Namibia showed they were no mugs in Australia in T20 World Cup 2022. Uganda happen to beat Zimbabwe in qualifying.

There could be a case to increase the number of teams to 24 soon , as European qualifying is just as competitive.

It might be a case of African qualifying being quite competitive and allocations tight.

Namibia showed they were no mugs in Australia in T20 World Cup 2022. Uganda happen to beat Zimbabwe in qualifying.

There could be a case to increase the number of teams to 24 soon , as European qualifying is just as competitive.
They could expand it & have the WC every 4 years like they're supposed to be...Then have a smaller Champion's Trophy type ICC event in between the WC on 4 year cycles as well.

They could expand it & have the WC every 4 years like they're supposed to be...Then have a smaller Champion's Trophy type ICC event in between the WC on 4 year cycles as well.

Year 1: ODI CWC
Year 2: Olympics
Year 3: WTC Final
Year 4: T20WC

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think T20 cricket has huge potential in the USA so it will be interesting to see how it's received and weather it starts discussions about Baseball going to a shorter format.

I think T20 cricket has huge potential in the USA so it will be interesting to see how it's received and weather it starts discussions about Baseball going to a shorter format.
The MLB runs under 3 hours, the IPL is currently running at 4 hours.
The MLB last season put in pitch timers and other things to make their game quicker

Back