ICC T20 World Cup 2024 USA/West Indies (June 2-June 29)

Who will win the T20 World Cup in 2024?

• India

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • Australia

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • England

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • South Africa

• New Zealand

• Pakistan

• West Indies

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Sri Lanka

• Bangladesh

• Afghanistan

• Netherlands

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Ireland

• Namibia

• Scotland

• Oman

• Uganda

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Nepal

• USA

• Canada

• Papua New Guinea

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 6, 2011
Auckland, New Zealand
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Patriots, Golden State, Wildcats
The draw came out last night for the T20 World Cup.

GDFnZvEWQAIrNcW

Games spread across different cities.
GDFnZvNXQAA7WKr

A clear group of Death in Group D. Things kick off between USA and Canada.

All of Australia’s games are in the West Indies is what I meant.
Thinking of going to the games in the US. Id imagine the Indian matches (they play 3 in New York and 1 in Florida) will be all sold out.

I also notice with their schedule there a few Group Stage( Super 8s) and Group matches in initial stages, matches clash. Im seeing some instances up to 3 games being played at the same time.

And the Final will be played at 10AM local time, not sure if that could be right could it?

Thinking of going to the games in the US. Id imagine the Indian matches (they play 3 in New York and 1 in Florida) will be all sold out.

I also notice with their schedule there a few Group Stage( Super 8s) and Group matches in initial stages, matches clash. Im seeing some instances up to 3 games being played at the same time.

And the Final will be played at 10AM local time, not sure if that could be right could it?
If it’s 10am Barbados time, that roughly aligns with primetime in the subcontinent doesn’t it?

Yep pretty much, games are also on a reasonable time in WA with most of those games in the Caribbean around 10pm local WA time, which is around 8PM Indian Standard Time.
There is zero chance they are playing games at 10am in the morning

There is zero chance they are playing games at 10am in the morning
I was thinking it would be crazy but Cricinfo is suggesting otherwise. I do believe 7-9PM pretty much prime time in India is what the broadcasters and ICC would want.

eg

1704531608949.png

I follow the Caribbean premier League matches and from memory alot of the games started either 7 AM Perth time or 10PM Perth time. With a mix of day and night games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was thinking it would be crazy but Cricinfo is suggesting otherwise. I do believe 7-9PM pretty much prime time in India is what the broadcasters and ICC would want.

eg

View attachment 1882767

I follow the Caribbean premier League matches and from memory alot of the games started either 7 AM Perth time or 10PM Perth time. With a mix of day and night games.
From what I've seen the ICC haven't announced times yet. No chance every game is played in the morning local time IMO

Looking at the Group Stage games, the games Im looking forward to are:

1. India v Pakistan
2. Australia v England
3. South Africa v Netherlands
4. Canada v USA
5. West Indies v Afghanistan
6. Sri Lanka v Bangladesh
7. Netherlands v Bangladesh
8. Scotland v England
9. New Zealand v Afghanistan
10. Nepal v Netherlands

India v Pakistan in New York will be the hottest ticket in town, dare I say it, more hotter than a New York Knicks home game.

I'm interested in the crowds the USA will get for their games. Obviously their India game will sell out, but I'm intrigued to see if Americans get around the event or not

Maybe they should've played the MLC before the WC to generate some interest

Interesting few choices early to win the World Cup: Uganda, USA and Papua New Guinea from the poll.

On a serious note, I do see plenty of upsets in this years World T20.

I reckon Ireland could potentially beat Pakistan, Netherlands could beat South Africa and ill throw in a surprise Scotland to beat the old enemy in England.

I’ve only just had a look at the groupings - how is it that the two most recent champions get drawn in what looks even by what is a tournament with a lot of pretty dicey looking groups, a fairly weak looking pool?
2nd, 5th, 11th, 14th and 18th in the World seems completely normal for a group in a tournament of 4 groups of 5?

The India Pakistan group is 1st, 4th, 12th, 20th and 23rd.

NZ/WI is 3rd, 7th, 10th, 19th and 22nd.

SA/SL is 6th, 8th, 9th, 15th and 16th.

From what I've seen the ICC haven't announced times yet. No chance every game is played in the morning local time IMO
According to all cricket websites there are about 25 out of the 55 games with a 10:30am local time start throughout the tournament...Including one of the semi finals & the final at that time slot.

On Redmi Note 8 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back