ICC T20 World Cup 2024 USA/West Indies (June 2-June 29)

Who will win the T20 World Cup in 2024?

• India

Votes: 14 45.2%
  • Australia

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • England

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • South Africa

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • New Zealand

• Pakistan

• West Indies

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Sri Lanka

• Bangladesh

• Afghanistan

• Netherlands

• Ireland

• Namibia

• Scotland

• Oman

• Uganda

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Nepal

• USA

• Canada

• Papua New Guinea

Votes: 3 9.7%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

The IPL is no real guide, i don't know why they even bother with bowlers, the pitches are just roads! But surely Jake Fraser - McGurk is one of the best T20 players in the world. It's an absolute travesty he isn't selected for the World Cup. It's insane.
If the IPL is no real guide how can you assess JFM as one of the best T20 players in the World? He's done absolutely nothing in T20 cricket outside of the IPL. Average of 18 at a strike rate of 124 in the BBL.

JFM has almost single handedly turned the Delhi Capitals from perennial wooden spooners into finals contenders when he replaced Warner at the top of the batting order, yet Warner is selected over Jake - crazy stuff.

JFM and Travis Head should open - perfect left and right handed combination.

Can see the argument for and against JFM. Setting the IPL alight, but it's small grounds and roads, and his home form is nothing special. That said, probably the kind of player I'd take a risk on. Personally think you can't carry Maxwell and Stoinis as both are at the end, I'd be leaving Stoinis out. Also think Warner and Wade are lucky to be there, with Short and Hardie probably the two who could take their spot.

And with Steve Smith not being selected, he should come out and say he retire from the T20 format and put all his focus on ODI/Test cricket to prolong his career. I cant see him turning around in 4 years time to be a member of the T20 format from a national perspective.

If we are basing the squad off past BBL form, how many of these actual players did perform or in some instances even rock up for at least a couple of BBL games- with the clash of national duties?

Warner- 2 games where he failed for the Thunder
David- underperformed with the Canes
Green- no games for Perth
Hazlewood- cant recall him playing too many games with his BBL team (think its Sixers)
Marsh- no games with Perth
Starc- think he had 1 game?
Stoinis- biggest underachiever in BBL last season
Wade- was injured for a fair few of games/suspended
Zampa- had a so so campaign
Agar-had a rather unimpressive campaign bar the 1 or 2 games on the spinner friendly wickets on the East in last years BBL.

Ellis/Head/Inglis/Maxwell- the players that didnt play in 2022, can all sort of justify their reason for being part of the squad. Dont know but it seems like a heavily 'old boys club' with the Australian cricket team. Never has that cliche rung louder.

Fear a bit for the Aussie bowling attack to be honest. Starc, Cummins, Green have been smashed from pillar to post in the IPL. Ellis hasnt bowled for almost 3 months. And its a bit scary to say that Stoinis is Australias most in-form bowler going into the T20 World Cup next month.

If a player had the following stats in T20 for their country would you say they deserve to play for their country in T20 cricket?

Last 3 years: Avg 42, SR 151
Last 2 years: Avg 39, SR 154
Last 12 months: Avg 51, SR 165.

If we are basing the squad off past BBL form, how many of these actual players did perform or in some instances even rock up for at least a couple of BBL games- with the clash of national duties?

Warner- 2 games where he failed for the Thunder
David- underperformed with the Canes
Green- no games for Perth
Hazlewood- cant recall him playing too many games with his BBL team (think its Sixers)
Marsh- no games with Perth
Starc- think he had 1 game?
Stoinis- biggest underachiever in BBL last season
Wade- was injured for a fair few of games/suspended
Zampa- had a so so campaign
Agar-had a rather unimpressive campaign bar the 1 or 2 games on the spinner friendly wickets on the East in last years BBL.

Ellis/Head/Inglis/Maxwell- the players that didnt play in 2022, can all sort of justify their reason for being part of the squad. Dont know but it seems like a heavily 'old boys club' with the Australian cricket team. Never has that cliche rung louder.

Fear a bit for the Aussie bowling attack to be honest. Starc, Cummins, Green have been smashed from pillar to post in the IPL. Ellis hasnt bowled for almost 3 months. And its a bit scary to say that Stoinis is Australias most in-form bowler going into the T20 World Cup next month.
There's a one campaign too many feel about that squad imo. Hope to be proven wrong.

If a player had the following stats in T20 for their country would you say they deserve to play for their country in T20 cricket?

Last 3 years: Avg 42, SR 151
Last 2 years: Avg 39, SR 154
Last 12 months: Avg 51, SR 165.
A strike rate of 150-165 is par on Indian roads/UAE wickets.

Would be much impressive on Australian wickets/grounds. 170-180 score (which is around a strike rate of 141 to 150) is about par on most Australian grounds eg GABBA, Perth Stadiums, Bellerive, SCG, MCG , Marvels

(Log in to remove this ad.)

#AUS Best XI
1David Warner
2Travis Head
3Mitchell Marsh (c)
4Glenn MaxwellJosh Inglis
5Marcus Stoinis
6Cameron Green
7Matthew Wade (+)Tim David
8Pat Cummins
9Mitchell Starc
10Josh HazlewoodNathan Ellis
11Adam ZampaAshton Agar
Absolute joke Stoinis has got in over Short or JFM. Wade is lucky too imo, probably Green also in the T20 format

A strike rate of 150-165 is par on Indian roads/UAE wickets.

Would be much impressive on Australian wickets/grounds. 170-180 score (which is around a strike rate of 141 to 150) is about par on most Australian grounds eg GABBA, Perth Stadiums, Bellerive, SCG, MCG , Marvels
Percentage of matches played in India/UAE by said player:

Last 3 years: 31%
Last 2 years: 0%
Last 12 months: 0%

Scores were waaaaaaay down in those UAE matches by the way.

stoinis is the most useless overrated cricketer in australia

the fact they chose a 35 year old who has done nothing for years over JFM is ridiculous

matthew wade is just as bad. hes 36 and hasnt gone past 50 in an I20 in 4 years, and you certainly cant say its his IPL form. if youre taking a backup keeper take a kid who might actually benefit from the experience.

Games that clash with the Australian working calendar : Namibia v Oman (clashes with WA Public holiday), Afghanistan v Uganda, PNG V Uganda, Australia v Oman, Afghanistan v NZ, Bangladesh v SL, West Indies v Uganda, Nepal v Sri Lanka, Australia v Namibia, WI v NZ, Afghanistan v PNG, Nepal v SA, NZ V Uganda, Australia v Scotland, Bangladesh v Nepal, Netherlands v Nepal, WI V Afghanistan, 6 x Super 8 Matches, 1 Semi Final

This World Cup is going to suck for an Aussie fan. Maybe I should quit my work?

Games that clash with the Australian working calendar : Namibia v Oman (clashes with WA Public holiday), Afghanistan v Uganda, PNG V Uganda, Australia v Oman, Afghanistan v NZ, Bangladesh v SL, West Indies v Uganda, Nepal v Sri Lanka, Australia v Namibia, WI v NZ, Afghanistan v PNG, Nepal v SA, NZ V Uganda, Australia v Scotland, Bangladesh v Nepal, Netherlands v Nepal, WI V Afghanistan, 6 x Super 8 Matches, 1 Semi Final

This World Cup is going to suck for an Aussie fan. Maybe I should quit my work?
Work from home for the duration of the WC?

The one advantage of streaming is you just avoid results and watch from the beginning when you get home. I do it all the time with BBL, which starts 4.30pm here in the West. I get home, have dinner, get the kids to bed, then watch it in prime time.
Dont know but Im not a fan of delayed or watching things in replay.

Seriously considering giving up my full-time role in order to watch the biggest event in cricket in 2024.

#AUS Best XI
1David Warner
2Travis Head
3Mitchell Marsh (c)
4Glenn MaxwellJosh Inglis
5Marcus Stoinis
6Cameron Green
7Matthew Wade (+)Tim David
8Pat Cummins
9Mitchell Starc
10Josh HazlewoodNathan Ellis
11Adam ZampaAshton Agar

David Warner is as shot as shot comes LMAO.

Back