Media If Sweet FA posters were Simpsons characters

Remove this Banner Ad

Frankly I do not get why the Simpsons has had such an impact on successive generations from Boomers on to Millenials.

I've watched two or three episodes from beginning to end and several others in a distracted way while tending to and feeding various steppies. Some now in their 40s have never interrogated the program and are infecting their own kids. It feeds a complacent passivity.

It is a thoroughly unremarkable anime that has little to say, yet it provides innumerable, albeit sterile, cultural references for privileged western kids. It also distressingly informs and distorts the voices of many poster residents of Sweetville.

This thread should not be on the main SFA Board. I ask the Mods and Ant Bear to dump it in the landfill thread.
okay boomer

Did you mean to call Wooshette ? If so, good. There is hope for you yet young comrade. I am certain the redoubtable Wooshette will do the right thing and bin this thread.

It’s related to the SFA because it compares SFA players to Simpsons characters.

It stays

It's a little sad how TJASTA (who we all celebrate), ABV (who we all usually admire for his discerning and unfortunately too rare postings) and ND (the most beloved but much misunderstood character in SFA) have fallen for the cardboard cut-out, one trick pony that is the Simpsons.

Anti-vaxxers are the bane of public health. All are fixated on the Simpsons as has been documented in the peer reviewed research soon to be published in the prestigious SFA Journal of Medicine

Hopefully MWPP and Far Kern , the co researchers of this ground breaking research will be available for comment.

Last edited:
It's a little sad how TJASTA (who we all celebrate), ABV (who we all usually admire for his discerning and unfortunately too rare postings) and ND (the most beloved but much misunderstood character in SFA) have fallen for the cardboard cut-out, one trick pony that is the Simpsons.

Anti-vaxxers are the bane of public health. All are fixated on the Simpsons as has been documented in the peer reviewed research soon to be published in the prestigious SFA Journal of Medicine

Hopefully MWPP and Far Kern , the co researchers of this ground breaking reach will be available for comment.

The Simpsons at its best was very clever and the funniest sitcom around.

The past 10-15 years however, it’s been mostly s**t.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully MWPP and Far Kern , the co researchers of this ground breaking reach will be available for comment.
Nice opinion. Just one tiny problem with it. Inspecting your post, it looks like your opinion is different from mine.
Boy, let me tell you something.
I am the baseline for opinions, any opinion I hold is objectively correct and, as a result, any other opinions are wrong. And guess what? You happen to hold a wrong one. And I hope you know that your opinion is now illegal. I have now contacted the FBI, the CIA, the NSA, the Navy SEALs, the Secret Service and your mom. You'll rot in prison for the rest of your life over this, mark my words you'll be sorry you ever shared your opinions. By the time you're reading this, you're done for boy. Nature will punish you. Humanity will punish you. Supernatural beings will punish you. Space will punish you. It's a small price to pay to remove your opinion from this world. May this post be a warning for anyone else brave enough to share an incorrect opinion; you've been warned.

Nice opinion. Just one tiny problem with it. Inspecting your post, it looks like your opinion is different from mine.
I am the baseline for opinions, any opinion I hold is objectively correct and, as a result, any other opinions are wrong. And guess what? You happen to hold a wrong one. And I hope you know that your opinion is now illegal. I have now contacted the FBI, the CIA, the NSA, the Navy SEALs, the Secret Service and your mom. You'll rot in prison for the rest of your life over this, mark my words you'll be sorry you ever shared your opinions. By the time you're reading this, you're done for boy. Nature will punish you. Humanity will punish you. Supernatural beings will punish you. Space will punish you. It's a small price to pay to remove your opinion from this world. May this post be a warning for anyone else brave enough to share an incorrect opinion; you've been warned.

Your s**t copy pastas aren’t helping TJ.

Your s**t copy pastas aren’t helping TJ.

Hmmn . The above offerings from #CelebrateTJASTA are among the longest I have read from him.

Of course it made no sense, unlike 99%of his offerings.

I sense he has contracted Measles and is feverish.

Let this be a lesson to you anti Vaxxer pro the Simpson types.

C'mon Ant Bear do the right thing and bin this thread.

Hmmn . The above offerings from #CelebrateTJASTA are among the longest I have read from him.

Of course it made no sense, unlike 99%of his offerings.

I sense he has contracted Measles and is feverish.

Let this be a lesson to you anti Vaxxer pro the Simpson types.

C'mon Ant Bear do the right thing and bin this thread.

Would you like a thread ban so you don’t have to respond to it?

Would you like a thread ban so you don’t have to respond to it?

What a disappointing response and most unlike you. It is clear you are not your usual good self and are suffering from Simpsons - Measles complex. Drink lots of fluids and do not touch anyone as you may be infectious.

Hopefully @MWPP and @Far Kern , the co researchers of this ground breaking research will be available for comment.
Sorry mate this is not going to be the answer you hoped for :p
The truth is I grew up watching the Simpsons and loved it back in the day (even had simpsons book covers /stationery ). My overprotective parents closely filtered what I watched but due to the cartoon format , it slipped through the cracks despite its content haha . It was at its prime in the late 90s /early 00s and was such a pop culture phenomenon.
I hosted a Simpsons themed werewolf game earlier this year .
Also in before someone states the obvious ie that I’m Lisa.

Last edited:
The truth is I grew up watching the Simpsons and loved it back in the day (even had simpsons book covers /stationery ). My overprotective parents closely filtered what I watched but due to the cartoon format , it slipped through the cracks despite its content haha . It was at its prime in the late 90s /early 00s and was such a pop culture phenomenon.
Hi Lisa.

I had no idea what he was talking about, so thanks for answering on my behalf except for most of what you said.

Hopefully MWPP and Far Kern , the co researchers of this ground breaking research will be available for comment.
Dude, I like you, but you are taking this far too seriously.

Not everyone wants to hear about Marc Antony and how you were someone’s pigeon in the last days of Caligula.

We listen because we are like a little family, us SFA’ers.

If you really don’t like this thread, I’ll stop tagging you in it, but just because you don’t like the Simpsons and anti-vaxxers it doesn’t mean you have to beat that drum continuously.

Hell, there are that many s**t flinging threads about the Bombers, do you see us whinging about land filling said threads?

It’s all well and good to have your opinions, you’ve stated the opinion, now move on.

It’s like the Simpsons have done something nasty to you or your family.

Relax brother, have a bex powder, a camomile tea and a lie down in a dimly lit room.

Sheesh.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back