If we need to hub in 2022 where would you choose?

Where would you like to see Freo and the Eagles hub if needed in 2022?

• Melbourne

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • Adelaide

Votes: 29 47.5%
  • QLD

Votes: 3 4.9%
  • Sydney

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Darwin

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • Northern Antartica (Tas)

• Geelong lol

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Adelaide
• We play the oval well
• Numbers of people with covid is less than any of the eastern states so less chance of infection in the playing group
• Victorian teams still have to travel

We have a lot of players from Melbourne so being based there so they can spend time with family they probably haven't seen a lot of in recent years would be a good idea.

From a footballing POV, being based in Tasmania for a while could see the locals get behind us and give us the closest thing to a home ground advantage.

I say that we embrace the challenge and play our relocated home games at the MCG. Get familiar with the ground to help our finals campaign. Win brownie points with the media, so we hopefully get some home games back when WA eventually drops the border.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I say that we embrace the challenge and play our relocated home games at the MCG. Get familiar with the ground to help our finals campaign. Win brownie points with the media, so we hopefully get some home games back when WA eventually drops the border.
Melbourne, with the MCG as our nominated home ground.
Gil just got a twitch in his eye

A hub in Perth would be ideal...

And if needed it would likely happen. Similar to 2020.

Sometime after the mid season break if both clubs had to hub interstate for a couple of months just to give players time at home. Rotate a couple of sides through WA, get a block of games done and then hub again for the final 6 weeks if needed.

Not many players will hub away from home for the entire six months of the season.

I reckon the player would probably be fine if it was in Melbourne over say NSW or Queensland.

Despite my joke suggestion of Kardinia Park, we should be pushing for the MCG. Same dimensions as home and kills those finals jitters once and for all (if they even exist). Slight worry that other clubs might get in the ears of some soon to be out of contract players who get to like the Melbourne scene.

And if needed it would likely happen. Similar to 2020.

Sometime after the mid season break if both clubs had to hub interstate for a couple of months just to give players time at home. Rotate a couple of sides through WA, get a block of games done and then hub again for the final 6 weeks if needed.

Not many players will hub away from home for the entire six months of the season.

Cant see this happening.. if all the other teams are flying back and forth between states and wa continues to be the hold out you aren’t going to see the afl bend to accommodate two sides… the other sides also rightly so will say sorry we aren’t willing to quarantine when we don’t need to elsewhere so the wa sides will need to suck it up.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Cant see this happening.. if all the other teams are flying back and forth between states and wa continues to be the hold out you aren’t going to see the afl bend to accommodate two sides… the other sides also rightly so will say sorry we aren’t willing to quarantine when we don’t need to elsewhere so the wa sides will need to suck it up.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Well if the league expects two sides to suffer for extended periods and no other club's are prepared to share the load then we have a 16 team comp on 2022.

And the comp goes broke.

Well if the league expects two sides to suffer for extended periods and no other club's are prepared to share the load then we have a 16 team comp on 2022.

And the comp goes broke.

Fairness isn’t part of the afls charter and they run the comp not the wa government.. if you think players are going to go back to 2020 and quarantine for two weeks when they are essentially free elsewhere then you need to think again….

Melbourne (MCG home ground) would be a good place to be. We’d get the Victorian setup playing away games at Marvel and the MCG is as close to Optus as we’ll get. It would wipe out a whole lot of external factors and would level the playing field quite a bit. I don’t think Adelaide or Brisbane would have enough of an advantage to warrant “making them travel”, we might as well just join the Vic train and go toe to toe with them

You'd think there will be some sort of AFLPA stipulation this season where there will be no hubs, bubbles or expended time away from home (where possible).

I can definitely see some of our players staying in Perth if we're forced to go interstate for an unknown period of time. Kennedy and Kelly come to mind.

Fairness isn’t part of the afls charter and they run the comp not the wa government.. if you think players are going to go back to 2020 and quarantine for two weeks when they are essentially free elsewhere then you need to think again….

And as I stated if other club's aren't prepared to help carry the burden (If any) then don't expect WA teams to hub for the entire season.

The AFLPA also has members to look after remember. It's not WA club's versus AFL House.

The AFL made that commitment to Richmond players in 2020.

It's either every club pitches in or the comp play two teams short.

That's the two options.

Back