Independent Wrestling Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Mania weekend was wacky. (Just to name a few things)

Virgil in a full pink bodysuit beat Ethan Page.
Joey Janela got destroyed by a bunch of women.
Invisible Man vs Invisible Stan.
Teddy Hart got a huge pop from reading a childrens book about cats in the middle of the ring. Didn't get as big a pop from doing a top rope spikerana or something from the night before.
Barnett vs Suzuki with Regal and Ambrose in the crowd.
Enzo and Cass worked angle in ROH/NJPW supershow.
Orange Cassidy shined.
Liger, X-Pac and Hurricane tagged in a 6 man.
Scott Steiner vs Hornswoggle
NXT Takeover was great.
Sabu looked in better shape than RVD in the TNA show.
Bret Hart got attacked at the HOF.
Oh and Mania happened I guess.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

images

67181-17Bk.jpg

episode list for The Wrestlers series (air dates are for USA)

The Best New Talent in America, airing May 22: Few people have had a larger impact on pro wrestling than veteran promoter Gabe Sapolsky. Damian follows Gabe’s crew on an American tour as he trains the next crop of superstars.

The Changing Face of Wrestling, airing May 29: Damian documents the handoff of one generation to the next by visiting a famed wrestler at the close of his career, and profiling the rise of one of wrestling’s newest stars.

Japan's Finest Wrestlers, airing June 5: Japan boasts the finest women's wrestling in the world. Damian visits Tokyo to learn what makes these women so good and meet the upcoming generation of female wrestlers.

Death Match, airing June 12: On the fringe of wrestling is Deathmatch, where wrestlers battling with barbed wire, razor blades and broken glass, challenge the idea that wrestling is fake.

Powerful Women of Wrestling, airing June 19: Damian travels to Florida and Bolivia to learn how women wrestlers around the world are using professional wrestling to battle inequality, misogyny, and domestic abuse.

The Next Wave of Mexican Luchadores, airing June 19: As Mexico copes with an ever-present drug war and Trump’s Wall, Lucha Libre is more popular than ever, and some wrestlers see Lucha as their ticket to America.

The Craziest Wrestling in Japan, airing June 26: Invisible wrestlers, blow-up dolls, and waterpark matches: welcome to the weird and wild world of Japan's DDT, the world's strangest wrestling promotion.

Wrestling on Canada's Reserves, airing on June 26: Damian heads to northern Quebec to join a crew of wrestlers who brave weather and isolation to bring professional wrestling to remote and disadvantaged First Nations communities.

Voodoo Wrestling in the Congo, airing July 3: In war-torn Congo, a cultural collision has made one of wrestling's strangest subgenres: voodoo wrestling, in which suplexes and powerbombs mix with hexes and deadly black magic.

Body Slamming Homophobia in Mexico, airing July 3: Exoticos, male wrestlers who embrace the feminine and dress in drag inside the ring, have been defying the macho side of Lucha Libre for decades.

I gotta say that David Starr is probably one of the more underrated guys on the indys. He looks like he has a huge chip on his shoulder and I think a lot of guys today don't have that. To me he gives off a more heel version of Gargano vibe.

I gotta say that David Starr is probably one of the more underrated guys on the indys. He looks like he has a huge chip on his shoulder and I think a lot of guys today don't have that. To me he gives off a more heel version of Gargano vibe.
Agree. I like Filthy Tom too. Bit old school.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back