Independent Wrestling Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Moxley beat Cardona for the GCW Title, so match vs Nick Gage is on for Oct 9th
Just seen that Warlord and Barbarian were on the GCW show the day before. Wrestling is crazy.

Also have to give credit to Cardona, his heat was white hot.

FREE_THE_NARRATIVE_FLYER_2_4000x.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

improvements sound like exactly what needs to be fixed on WU. If successfully implemented, the site will be much better than NJPW world
What I like about Wrestle Universe is that it includes Noah, DDT and TJPW. I was hoping NJPW World would add Stardom when it was purchased by Bushiroad, but that hasn’t been the case.

I miss watching TJPW and DDT. Pre-COVID I had a lot of fun watching them on the DDT streaming service. I fell off of sports and wrestling when the pandemic started and have only started getting back into it.

What I like about Wrestle Universe is that it includes Noah, DDT and TJPW. I was hoping NJPW World would add Stardom when it was purchased by Bushiroad, but that hasn’t been the case.
Without trying to understand Japanese broadcasters and their rights deals...it's very strange that NJPW world gets to show every single match a NJPW wrestler has outside of NJPW but can't show Stardom. hopefully future deals can sort this out

Without trying to understand Japanese broadcasters and their rights deals...it's very strange that NJPW world gets to show every single match a NJPW wrestler has outside of NJPW but can't show Stardom. hopefully future deals can sort this out

from the sounds of things, aside from running both companies completely separate, it seems like they don't really want to spend money on the admin side for Stardom. There's one guy doing all the video editing and English translations. (which is why most of the archives that were taken down in the Stardom World revamp are painfully slow to go back up, although rightfully so that the current shows take priority) He said on the F4W board that they wanted him to do the English commentary for free for the 5 Star GP finals, which he refused. That's why they're keeping it in-house and Mina is the co-commentary (even though her English is passable, but probably not fluent).

"Zack '*in' Ryder" / "Death Match King" Matt Cardona's 10-year+ rain as internet champ has come to an end on today's GCW show, losing to one of my current indy faves in Effy (who's been doing some outstanding social media work with the belt over the last few hours - internet champ indeed!)

This wasn't the best GCW show I've seen - but with Suzuki vs Homicide, Gage vs Reefer, the recently released Alex Zayne vs AR Fox, and with a really fun scramble, this is probably the best jumping on point/GCW sampler box I've seen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back