Play Nice Indigenous AFL players call out Adam Goodes's treatment ahead of The Final Quarter documentary release

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anonymous?

Welcome to 2019, anonymity is a thing of the past.

Just go to social media platforms and they are swarming with people who get triggered by the most ridiculous **** and throw accusations out constantly.
Huh? Are you saying I know who you are? That you know who I am?

If you know that I am a hypocrite, call me one. I can cop it.

But the fact is, you know as much about me as I know about you. Nothing. So let's drop this SJW bullshirt, hey, coz that's all it is.

Not condoning anti-social language, but it's ridiculous to compare something that is essentially person-to-person (or at most, audible to a small crowd of people nearby), with mass booing, which is perceived by tens of thousands of other spectators and hundreds of thousands, even millions, of TV viewers.

Simple fact is, if Goodes deserved booing, Swan deserved it times a hundred. But I never heard it.

Jobe Watson got booed a lot.

Swan did deserve to be booed, so why didn't you boo him?

Huh? Are you saying I know who you are? That you know who I am?

If you know that I am a hypocrite, call me one. I can cop it.

But the fact is, you know as much about me as I know about you. Nothing. So let's drop this SJW bullshirt, hey, coz that's all it is.

You asked about SJW's, I answered what they are, I never said you were one.

Someone could dox you and find out who you are.

Yeah, and I showed it's a BS term, when the truth is the accuser actually knows zero about the person they're accusing.

So let's drop it, coz it's hardly useful is it?

You didn't show anything at all to show that it's a bullshit term. In fact you showed the opposite, as in complete ignorance in regards to the term.

LOL

What a load of crap.

Goodes could've done the right thing by accepting the girl's explanation that she didn't mean to say "ape" in a racist way and then not bothered about the press conference the following morning outside the MCG.

When journos queried him, he could've said "Look guys, I initially took offence when I was called an ape. But she's just a kid. She apologised to me and said she wasn't meaning to be racist. I accept that. Let's just drop it, okay?"

But, no. This was his Winmar moment. The wheels had been set in motion. Time to hold a mirror up to Australia. Protect the girl, my arse.
Unfortunately (maybe fortunately judging by this) you don't get to decide what he perceives to be racism. He did try to drop it. He tried to shift the conversation from the 13-year-old girl, but even now people still bang on about him 'bullying' a 13-year-old girl so somehow the conversation STILL hasn't moved on from that
"this week is a celebration of our people and our culture and the absolute privilege of meeting the great man Nicky Winmar two days ago now and what he's been able to do for us 20 years ago and to be able to make a stand myself and say racism has a face last night and, you know, it was a 13-year-old girl but it's not her fault. She's 13, she's still so innocent, I don't put any blame on her. Unfortunately it's what she hears, the environment she's grown up in that has made her think it's ok to call people names."
Racism has a face and it was a 13-year-old girl. But I don't put any blame on her... it's what she hears, the environment she's grown up in... Goodes used her for his scripted soundbite. He accused her of racism despite her protests to the contrary and then blamed her racism on her environment & upbringing. That's not my idea of protecting a 13-year-old girl.

ba7dd7eb3f897a17a1034e079c3a5c2a--adam-goodes-st-kilda.jpg

Goodes posing for the cameras 2 days prior to his life-defining Winmar moment
It's not up to the perpetrator to state whether their actions were racist. Hate speech laws would be virtually useless. It was unfrotunate that she became the face of racism, but that's literally the point Goodes was making. There is plenty of racism in Australia, yet the media made it about one 13-year-old girl at the football.

Unfortunately, it was caught on camera?

"I turned around and when I saw it was a young girl and I thought she was 14, that was my initial thought, I was just like really?"

adam-goodes.jpg

3d41428519f6c2685e477123f0a7c1e1

maxresdefault.jpg
Not sure what point you're trying to make here. He should have stopped pointing the girl out when he realised she was 13? Her age doesn't make her words any less hurtful.

I don't buy any arguments that it shouldn't be considered racism when a kid calls a black man an ape. Goodes' parents weren't born as human. Of course that word is going to be contextually hurtful to him.

If a 13-year-old Aboriginal girl called an AFL player a "white [slur]" I guarantee you the same people who hate Goodes would have defended the player and not the girl.
Interesting how that young girl not standing for the national anthem didn't get the same 'she's just a kid!!!11!!' sympathy for doing something that hurt literally nobody, as compared to a 13-year-old girl that made a racially insensitive remark to a black man. God bless Australia.

Interesting how that young girl not standing for the national anthem didn't get the same 'she's just a kid!!!11!!' sympathy for doing something that hurt literally nobody, as compared to a 13-year-old girl that made a racially insensitive remark to a black man. God bless Australia.

I wasn't aware of this, but I'm not surprised. If most of these hypocritical morons aren't racist, then at the very least, they are useful idiots and enablers of racists. Some white supremacists have anonymously talked online about how they need to be more secretive to appeal to regular people. Focus on getting people to ban/severely limit non-white immigration and refugees under the guise of protecting western "culture" and "values" - same s**t, different shovel. Social media should've kicked these flogs to the curb a long time ago.

Yep, like I said, one's right to boo is clearly sacred. So important isn't it? Bugger any concern that even a portion of it might be seen as racially motivated.

When can we call racist behaviour racist, just out of interest?

And please satisfactorily define "SJW".
Seems this is a fairly even debate, 50/50 almost, what I did notice was there's not 1 Swans fan in the 'Goodes is a Flog' camp.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And that has been answered before. Swan didn't bully a child in full view of a nationwide audience.
Goodes at the press conference the next day:

"It’s not her fault"

"I don’t put any blame on her"

"The person who needs the most support right now is the little girl"

"It’s not a witch hunt. I don’t want people to go after this young girl"

"I just hope that she gets some support"

"People need to cut this girl some slack"

"She’s a young kid. Kids are innocent and I’ve got no doubt in my mind she had no idea what she was calling me last night. We need to help educate her and educate society that things like this are hurtful."

That's all on the public record.

Yeah, what a bullying A-hole.

I'm starting to realise a lot of people in this country have some seriously back-to-front morals.

You didn't show anything at all to show that it's a ******** term. In fact you showed the opposite, as in complete ignorance in regards to the term.
I don't think you're quite getting this.

"SJW", as best as it's ever defined, says someone is a hypocrite.

A hypocrite, in simple terms, is someone who says one thing and does another.

On an anonymous internet forum like this, you certainly know what someone says, but you have no idea whatsoever what that person does.

So how can you or I call anyone a hypocrite on here when, at best, we only ever know one half of what there is to know about them?

Goodes at the press conference the next day:

"It’s not her fault"

"I don’t put any blame on her"

"The person who needs the most support right now is the little girl"

"It’s not a witch hunt. I don’t want people to go after this young girl"

"I just hope that she gets some support"

"People need to cut this girl some slack"

"She’s a young kid. Kids are innocent and I’ve got no doubt in my mind she had no idea what she was calling me last night. We need to help educate her and educate society that things like this are hurtful."

That's all on the public record.

Yeah, what a bullying A-hole.

I'm starting to realise a lot of people in this country have some seriously back-to-front morals.
It’s not even just back to front morals.
In this, the most privileged of places and best country in the world by a mile, lots of people have big chips on their shoulders. Seriously big! Inexplicable to me, but there you have it.

Jobe Watson got booed a lot.

Swan did deserve to be booed, so why didn't you boo him?
jobe got booed because he was the captain of a club that copped the biggest set of (non) doping charges that the game has ever seen.
He was treated as the figure head for that.

We're talking about probably the biggest scandal the game has ever seen.

How is it that Goodes cops the same treatment from fans as the club that did something so wrong they got kicked out of finals and players banned? How are the 'crimes' anywhere near equivalent?

Goodes was a bit of FIGJAM before the incident, certainly not a popular player by any means.

People might not have booed Swan like that, but I can assure you there was plenty of very rough stuff said about him from the stands when we played them.

I dare say what was said about him and the likes of Didak was far worse than anything said about Goodes in terms of course crass language.

So is what is deemed as anti-social language worse than a boo?
Hahaha, ******* hell what a moronic response. Jesus Christ.

I see where you’re coming from but let’s face it, people boo for different reasons. No, booing in itself isn’t racial vilification. But surely you realise it’s a bit more complicated in this situation of Goodes.
It shouldnt be complicated. The AFL has admitted that booing Adam Goodes was racist. If thats the case they simply cant allow booing at their venues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back