Injury Injuries 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Was expecting Wood to be 8+ so pleasantly surprised. Hopefully get him back for the Cats game
Love Woody and he’s been okay this year but honestly I thought something had to give in our backline anyway. I think the balance is best with two talls, Williams, Croz as two main mediums, and Dale, Daniel and Doc. Would obviously prefer Wood fit than injured but I think it could be a blessing for the side to be honest

Would imagine he takes Scott's spot
Yeah agreed Scott’s keeping that spot warm for McLean, Toby does everything Scott can do defensively and is a very disciplined player too but he’s just better in almost every way. I really think McLean would be loving the way our forward line is working atm, really excited to slot him in for the second half of the year.

Yeah agreed Scott’s keeping that spot warm for McLean, Toby does everything Scott can do defensively and is a very disciplined player too but he’s just better in almost every way. I really think McLean would be loving the way our forward line is working atm, really excited to slot him in for the second half of the year.
Would also put extra pressure on lipinski which is great. Pressure for spots is terrific at the moment

Bugger. So much for low grade...

6 - 8 weeks ouch!

First time I heard of syndesmosis injury was 2016 Libba vs Geelong.

Now it seems syndesmosis injuries have replaced the old sprained ankle.

Treloar and Dunkley to come back in the side together after their injuries

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The question again needs to be asked. Why did Treloar come back on in a game we are winning by so much. Did the re-injury contribute to it being 6-8 weeks or was that after the first injury. You would never send a Syndesmosis injury back onto the field, so did our medico's mis-diagnose.

The question again needs to be asked. Why did Treloar come back on in a game we are winning by so much. Did the re-injury contribute to it being 6-8 weeks or was that after the first injury. You would never send a Syndesmosis injury back onto the field, so did our medico's mis-diagnose.

Dangerfield and Neale both went back on with similar injuries thinking they were minor, only for scans to reveal they were worse than first thought. Obviously a difficult injury to judge the severity of

Dangerfield and Neale both went back on with similar injuries thinking they were minor, only for scans to reveal they were worse than first thought. Obviously a difficult injury to judge the severity of
Especially considering treloar felt no pain and thought it was just a rolled ankle

That’s a massive blow, frustrating that we can’t go one week without a long term injury atm. On one hand it’s good that the injuries are in positions we can cover but on the other hand it’s bringing back our one big strength we have over every other side back to the pack a little bit. But even with those guys missing our starting midfield is still super strong, the backline and especially forward line are really coming into their own now and could be classified as relatively strong lines even without a dominate midfield.

We’ve got out to a very very good start to the season which gives us a little bit of breathing space and so long as we can keep ticking the wins over we should be fresh and firing coming into the real stuff at the end of the season.

Could also be the making of a guy like West, Garcia, Lipinski etc who otherwise wouldn’t have got a chance

Damn that suck. McLean timing his return to footy pretty well though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back