Injury Report - Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

LOL . Have you watched the footy?

The performances on the weekend suggest your "beach muscles" call is bogus. Our team was bullied by a group of kids who are known for being meek & Charlie Curnow looked like Hercules. Everyone here is noticing that our group seem under-prepared, not fit enough, getting pushed around and not developed in body size. Ryan looks barely bigger than when he began, so does Dow. MRJ has not developed an AFL body at all. If they want Balta to be a power forward then they need to change his body shape. Its one thing to hold off a player to defend them, a totally different thing to man handle a bloke to actually mark it, contested.

Its why Noah was the #2 best Contested INTERCEPT Mark player in the AFL in 2023 & only managed 1 contested mark on the weekend. Contested Intercepts VS contested target marks are 2 very different skillsets. Noah is probably built better to be a leading/mark guy - but he just has no feel for it in regards to timing his runs etc.

Why mess with a guy who is an elite intercept marker & a poor one on one Contested Marker, especially when your team is, likely, to be smashed on I50's due to a slapstick, middling midfield? Yze might have an idea, but it makes no sense to me as i have watched these guys their whole careers & literally seen this same s**t multiple times fail.

Top 20 rated players in the AFL 2023 as per player ratings...

1710137793803.png

Absolutely no more needs to be said on the subject, that speaks for itself.

Top 20 rated players in the AFL 2023 as per player ratings...

View attachment 1925169

Absolutely no more needs to be said on the subject, that speaks for itself.

WTF is this meant to be proving? That none of our midfielders are ranked in the top 20 in the league, so therefore the ball is more than likely going to live in our defensive 50 and therefore we require a elite premier backman to anchor it?

Then yes, we finally agree

You posted a a ranking of stats with no "legend" to what they actually mean

WTF is this meant to be proving? That none of our midfielders are ranked in the top 20 in the league, so therefore the ball is more than likely going to live in our defensive 50 and therefore we require a elite premier backman to anchor it?

Then yes, we finally agree

You posted a a ranking of stats with no "legend" to what they actually mean

How many of those players have Charlie Curnow type beach muscles? It relates back to your first post to which I responded.

I watched the Lions / Blues game last night.

Charlie Curnow's arms are bigger than our entire squad combined. That guy is a elite physical player. We have no one close to that level of fitness & thats what a power forward needs to look like. Balta is not close to that physicality at this point.

How would Chuck Curnow go trying to push Noah Balta aside? The answer is he would not be able to.

How many of those players have Charlie Curnow type beach muscles? It relates back to your first post to which I responded.

How would Chuck Curnow go trying to push Noah Balta aside? The answer is he would not be able to.
Most of those guys are midfielders so you’re comparing Curnow to wrong players and also he made reference to our players . Bolton is the only RFC player on that list so your table and point is mute . You are just trolling as usual with irrelevant information and if you couldn’t see they were bigger, fitter and stronger than us on the weekend then you best get your eyes checked.

Most of those guys are midfielders so you’re comparing Curnow to wrong players and also he made reference to our players . Bolton is the only RFC player on that list so your table and point is mute . You are just trolling as usual with irrelevant information and if you couldn’t see they were bigger, fitter and stronger than us on the weekend then you best get your eyes checked.

Lol you are only achieving that level of dominance in the conversation by focussing on something I never said and inferring that I did.

My posts were about the claim by RJK that Charlie Curnow's arms are bigger than our entire squad combined as if it means anything in football. I played Full Back/Full Forward at local level against so many players with beach muscles with my smaller frame with no gym arm muscles, and used to push most of them aside easily. I never really understood why, at the time I thought it was because I had more intent. But later I learned more about the human body and in these type of contests the muscles I named are the crucial ones, quads, hamstrings, glutes and core. Having big arms is basically no benefit to a key position player in football. It just looks impressive. But if Curnow is strong in body on body contests(he is) it is not to do with his arms, and this is the point I was making. I was responding to a post that was comparing him favourably to Balta for physical strength and stating Balta is not even close. I would back Balta to be honest.

Lol you are only achieving that level of dominance in the conversation by focussing on something I never said and inferring that I did.

My posts were about the claim by RJK that Charlie Curnow's arms are bigger than our entire squad combined as if it means anything in football. I played Full Back/Full Forward at local level against so many players with beach muscles with my smaller frame with no gym arm muscles, and used to push most of them aside easily. I never really understood why, at the time I thought it was because I had more intent. But later I learned more about the human body and in these type of contests the muscles I named are the crucial ones, quads, hamstrings, glutes and core. Having big arms is basically no benefit to a key position player in football. It just looks impressive. But if Curnow is strong in body on body contests(he is) it is not to do with his arms, and this is the point I was making. I was responding to a post that was comparing him favourably to Balta for physical strength and stating Balta is not even close. I would back Balta to be honest.
it was a generalization .lol
YOUR TABLE was irrelevant still and added nothing to the conversation. anyhow I'm moving on as my eyes clearly told me we were bigger in the wrong areas and not fit enough and slow. Age is a factor here, but no excuses for our team being so far off the mark fitness and skill wise.
if having muscles on the arms has no relevance to a power forward then maybe Curnow should chop his off and donate them to Samson Ryan or Mate Colina. Fucjing seriously what nonsense

it was a generalization .lol
YOUR TABLE was irrelevant still and added nothing to the conversation. anyhow I'm moving on as my eyes clearly told me we were bigger in the wrong areas and not fit enough and slow. Age is a factor here, but no excuses for our team being so far off the mark fitness and skill wise.

I would reserve judgement. The club has a tricky conditioning task to get players right for b2b games 5 days apart with the first of them interstate in high humidity and hot conditions. 4 of our physically strongest players were missing.

Even our great dynasty teams were not full of Charlie Curnow type physiques, just hard tough players built to run, and jump. It is not the 1980's any more.

I would reserve judgement. The club has a tricky conditioning task to get players right for b2b games 5 days apart with the first of them interstate in high humidity and hot conditions. 4 of our physically strongest players were missing.

Even our great dynasty teams were not full of Charlie Curnow type physiques, just hard tough players built to run, and jump. It is not the 1980's any more.
Lynch?? Caddy. .. Townsend. I could go on.

1710141431259.png 1710141855873.jpeg

if having muscles on the arms has no relevance to a power forward then maybe Curnow should chop his off and donate them to Samson Ryan or Mate Colina. Fucjing seriously what nonsense

Attachments

• 1710141977394.jpeg
    1710141977394.jpeg
    18 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Lynch?? Caddy. .. Townsend. I could go on.

View attachment 1925216View attachment 1925223

Lol ok, definitive proof Curnow has more power than Balta in a kpp context and our list doesn't have sufficient upper body strength to play good football.

You are about 7 tangents off the point of my response now.

Lol ok, definitive proof Curnow has more power than Balta in a kpp context and our list doesn't have sufficient upper body strength to play good football.

You are about 7 tangents off the point of my response now
Uuuuummmmmhhhhh you prove it Dr Geus
Thank god it’s seven tangents as I would be horrified if I was any closer bc I would institutionalise myself. 😜

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tom Lynch, Dustin Martin, Toby Nankervis and Rhyan Mansell will all be available for selection for Thursday night's blockbuster Round 1 clash with Carlton at the MCG.​

Richmond Injury List:

Available

Dustin Martin

Tom Lynch

Toby Nankervis

Rhyan Mansell

Unavailable

Jack Graham, quad (2-3 weeks)

Liam Fawcett, back (TBC - Long Term)

Mate Colina, back (TBC - Long Term)

Balta is an odd example to use for your point as he is a literal Goliath. The bloke has a massive upper body.

Also, big arms aren't necessarily the be all and end all, but you do surely get the correlation between size and a players propensity in the gym and genetics, and therefore strength.
This is the elite level, they have programs designed for them and guys with greater size and mass have that because of these programs to improve performance.

Larger arms and upper body is just an easy way to visualise that to the naked eye. A players muscle development is usually in proportion, they're not sitting in the gym doing bicep curls and nothing else, if a player has big arms it's because his overall physique has been developed well for AFL.

That's not the case at the amateur level where you can just focus on making your arms big to look good without much else supporting it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back