Interstate travel

Remove this Banner Ad

Two confounding factors:

First, more injuries to WA players are also affected by the nature of their home grounds. Subiaco and the WACA are generally harder, drier fields that may contribute to more injuries than those in Victoria.

And secondly, some people say that travelling wasn't an apparent problem back when the Eagles were strong, but it was. What masked it I think was the draft concessions which allowed us to form a stronger team, thus offsetting the travelling disadvantage.

Just a couple of thoughts.

Originally posted by hotham:
Anna,

I would be happy with your suggestion. The Kangaroos have nine interstate games. Unlike Westcoast and all other interstate teams we have no true home ground advantage.

I'm not sure the Kangaroos can complain about the amount of travel they do when four of those games are being played interstate by their own choice. The club must have known that would mean they would travel more and that it would lessen the potential for them to have a "home ground advantage".

------------------
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back