Markfs

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 13, 2008
Fremantle
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Sydney Sweeney's Shaving Team...
Ben recently made a big thing about playing with his brother Sam.

Now we find out that Ben has been dropped.

Senior players getting dropped usually means that they are halfway out the door.

Is Ben getting traded to Sydney at the end of the year?

Thoughts?

Senior players getting dropped usually means that they are halfway out the door.

Thoughts?

Oh dear Markfs has started another thread.........

You'd think one way or another they'll end up on the same team at some point.

Would be funny if they throw us a curveball and both go play for GC or something, we'd all look a bit silly.
Would you even want Ben Reid? Given what you'd have to pay him and what you might have to pay in a trade. He's one of our most important players when fit and firing but that doesn't seem to be very often

Probably came back too early from his injury to properly contribute. That and, whilst Dunn is in the team and performing, he hasn't got a spot down back. Perhaps not showing enough as a forward.

Or he is not taking his marks and kicking straight..... like another big man who got the flick last year

Would you even want Ben Reid? Given what you'd have to pay him and what you might have to pay in a trade. He's one of our most important players when fit and firing but that doesn't seem to be very often

My contacts say that he is on the outer. Bucks never liked him of course but that isnt unusual for Bucks. It's no coincidence that he was giving an interview a week or so back saying that he wanted to play with his bro..... if he's dropped again in the next 3 months we will know for sure... well it's usually being dropped 3 times but i think twice might be enough this time

Reckon he'll give the game away and line up with the Australian Ballet in their next production of 'The Nutcracker'.

ben at training earlier today
462d113b6ce27ee68545ab1c958e3d60.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My first response was: Relax Sam is coming to the Pies as a FA.

But:

Dropped: What are the MC insane? Why the hell is he being dropped?

Generally been a supporter of Bucks. But seriously playing with his job on this one. He must know something we don't.

My contacts say that he is on the outer. Bucks never liked him of course but that isnt unusual for Bucks. It's no coincidence that he was giving an interview a week or so back saying that he wanted to play with his bro..... if he's dropped again in the next 3 months we will know for sure... well it's usually being dropped 3 times but i think twice might be enough this time
You are a funny man. Can just see Reid slotting perfectly into the style of play the swans adopt. Best laugh for ages big thumbs up from me

Misses a game and automatically on the outer and heading to another team?!

We don't know why he's been dropped, potentially wasn't fit last week, may have reaggrevated his injury, become complacent.

I wouldn't be in favour of losing him, his Reiding of the play, 1-1 ability and disposal is hard to replace in the short term.

Swans don't need more talls

So their lead in to the sports report is "Big contract news at the Pies" then nothing.
All they mentioned is Casboult is in our sights.
Pathetic all round.

And why would they be interested in a Cloke clone, great mark, s**t kick.

Haha yeah, it's almost like Tom Brown had trolled Tim Watson into hyping up something big that actually wasn't.

Thoughts?

I certainly hope so, pry one of their small runners out of defence if we can.

We've seen Reid's best... let Sydney see his worst.

I posted about Reid to the swans earlier in the year and it was the first thing I thought of when he was dropped. I didn't consider that both Reid's could go to a third team like Richmond dees dogs saints Roos GC or Hawks but you never know if that's what they want.

Reid spent a fair bit of time on the pine at the weekend. Wasn't really that effective against the power. Too tall or poor matchup most of the time. Thought he was injured at quarter time but he came back on 10mins in. He did say he wasn't playing forward this year and was swung forward the very next game.

All things all if it's just a blip so be it but I wouldn't be that torn if he was traded given His injury history. Best of luck either way to Ben Reid and hope he's back at the top fir the pies soon

Remove this Banner Ad

Back