Is Ben Reid going to Sydney next year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Talking Footy said that Bucks had told Reid that the pies had won only 1 of 8 games he played in this year...

Echoes of Clokey being pushed out in 2016??
Clearly someone reads Big Footy before they Talk Footy.

Talking Footy said that Bucks had told Reid that the pies had won only 1 of 8 games he played in this year...

What's the rest of what they said around that? That single line is extraordinary for a coach to blame someone like Reid like that, but it's easy to cherry pick a line and make it sound worse.

As for Cloke I think Bucks has been proven right this year on him. He was also right about Dawes, Daisy and Harry.

What's the rest of what they said around that? That single line is extraordinary for a coach to blame someone like Reid like that, but it's easy to cherry pick a line and make it sound worse.

As for Cloke I think Bucks has been proven right this year on him. He was also right about Dawes, Daisy and Harry.

If we got something for Cloke he would have been proven right but since we got nothing
and used his money on Mayne he hasn't proved anything.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

No, they didn't say that Buckls said that..
Lyon said Reid is not in good form, and he stated that Collingwood have won only 1 of seven when he has been in. It was G Lyon's comment, and his only...

If we got something for Cloke he would have been proven right but since we got nothing
and used his money on Mayne he hasn't proved anything.

What?

Buckley wanted Cloke to re-invent his game, demanded more from him and Cloke either couldn't adapt of cracked the sands and wouldn't change.

Bevo wanting similar things and Cloke floundering still.

It was the correct call to let him go.

Surely Reid is big enough to cop being dropped, if there is nothing else to it, play well and demand your spot back in the team. Majority of this year he has looked like he has been just going anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lyon said Reid is not in good form, and he stated that Collingwood have won only 1 of seven when he has been in. It was G Lyon's comment, and his only...

Thanks for clarifying. Sounded too odd a comment, which is worthy of Gary Lyon.

I don't think Buckley has shown him the door
He played Rounds 1-8, missed Rounds 9-13, and played in Round 14.
Perhaps there is no conspiracy.
Perhaps he was lacking match conditioning and we brought him back too early??

Wat? No they didn't, that was Lyons' statement, he didn't say that's what Bucks had said.

I think they did say something like that on Talking Footy as opposed to whatever Lyon said on Footy Classified. Both shows discussed the issue.

What?

Buckley wanted Cloke to re-invent his game, demanded more from him and Cloke either couldn't adapt of cracked the sands and wouldn't change.

Bevo wanting similar things and Cloke floundering still.

It was the correct call to let him go.

Surely Reid is big enough to cop being dropped, if there is nothing else to it, play well and demand your spot back in the team. Majority of this year he has looked like he has been just going anyway.

Cloke is worth a list spot more than Mayne, Blair and a few others so he's not proven right.

I'm pretty sure journalists are reporting what was allegedly said by Buckley to Reid and the 1 in 8 stat didn't originate out of the mouth of Lyon or Co.

I'm pretty sure journalists are reporting what was allegedly said by Buckley to Reid and the 1 in 8 stat didn't originate out of the mouth of Lyon or Co.
What journalists? Do you have a link to an article or video? Because I watched FC and Lyon definitely said nothing about Buckley telling Reid the 1-8 thing, that was all him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back