Is Geelong home games at Etihad the biggest league-endorsed rort of recent times?

Remove this Banner Ad

Quite frankly I'd love to see Hawthorn, Collingwood, Carlton, Essendon and the rest of them head down to Kardinia Park so it's not just 'interstate' teams that get shafted in heading down that soulless highway

Infact, because of these teams never playing games down there, it means teams like the Crows end up playing down there way more often than is reasonable

Since 1991, there has only been SIX seasons where Adelaide have avoided a trip down there

1993 / 1999 / 2001 / 2006 / 2008 / 2010

I'll trade you 4 games played in our home state at a different stadium over travelling to the other side of the country an extra 4 times per season.
Why not just make it even and let Geelong play 11 home games at it's own home ground? No need for these weird trade scenarios, just put us on a level-pegging with the rest of the comp. Not asking for too much.

Why not just make it even and let Geelong play 11 home games at it's own home ground? No need for these weird trade scenarios, just put us on a level-pegging with the rest of the comp. Not asking for too much.

But its not level pegging. Right now as it is you guys have the best home and away deal going.
You're the ONLY team that doesn't have to travel every 2nd week but also has a true unshared home ground.

How hard is that concept to understand.

I think what makes this even funnier is that upset interstate supporters don't realise they are being put at a slight disadvantage as a by-product of the massive injustice Geelong is faced with. Teams like Adelaide, West Coast, Port, Sydney, Gold Coast etc actually have to play Geelong at their true home ground, whereas many Melbourne based clubs such as Hawthorn, Collingwood, Essendon, North Melbourne and Carlton have Geelong host them at their respective home grounds. It's a massive leg up, and frankly I think the interstate clubs should grow a pair and stand up for themselves.

But its not level pegging. Right now as it is you guys have the best home and away deal going.
You're the ONLY team that doesn't have to travel every 2nd week but also has a true unshared home ground.

7 home games vs. 11 home games.

It's not rocket science here.

you're sounding petty

if Geelong playing 11 KP games a year means Adelaide plays there less often - then I'll be happy

you're sounding petty

if Geelong playing 11 KP games a year means Adelaide plays there less often - then I'll be happy
This is spot on. At the moment the Crows are playing down at Kardinia Park every single year, surely you'd prefer to see Collingwood, Hawthorn, Carlton, Essendon, North Melbourne etc pick up some of the slack that your club has shouldered for a fairly substantial period of time. The Crows, alongside the Bulldogs seem to be scheduled a game down here every single year, yet others haven't had to play down here in over a decade. It puts your club behind the eight-ball before a single ball has been bounced.

you're sounding petty

Assuming that the AFL is fair, which we know full well it isnt.
Guarantee we will still head there every year.

How is it petty for me to say they're complaining. I would say Geelong are being petty given the advantages they already have.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't waste your breath mate, they don't get it.
Poor hard-done-by Geelong, have the best home and away set-up of any team in the league yet still consistently complain lol

Which are the most important games to play at home? Think about it.

Crickets.........Tumbleweeds.......

How many interstate games do Collingwood play? All Geelong want are 11 home games like every other team, it's nothing to get so worked up about.

Collingwood play about the same as you dont they?
Maybe one less.

But remember half of their 'home' games are 'neutral' games given they share their ground with what 5 other teams?

Well your question was stupid, so I didnt bother responding.
More likely you didn't want to respond as it doesn't suit your "woe is me" narrative.

I will repeat the question in a more detailed way seeing as though you seem a little simple:

Which are the most important games to host on your home ground?

It is not a difficult question.

More likely you didn't want to respond as it doesn't suit your "woe is me" narrative.

I will repeat the question in a more detailed way seeing as though you seem a little simple:

Which are the most important games to host on your home ground?

It is not a difficult question.

Huh?
This thread is 47 pages of woe is me from Geelong fans...it is literally the whole topic at hand.

You're a confused person.

Assuming that the AFL is fair, which we know full well it isnt.
Guarantee we will still head there every year.

How is it petty for me to say they're complaining. I would say Geelong are being petty given the advantages they already have.
Absolutely. the extra 4 games wouldn't be Collingwood/Carlton/essendon/Hawthorn/Richmond games. It would be a couple of those and more Interstate commitments.

The fixture we have at the moment is full of small things that are unfair, but overall the process evens itself out. Interstate clubs have to travel every week, which is much tougher than being able to drive to the match on gameday (which geelong players do.) However they get 10 bonafide home games against opponents that play on the ground once a year, twice as many as MCG clubs.

As it currently stands, Geelong have a mix of a both types. They get less proper home games than the Interstate sides, but more than Victorian based sides; Have to travel more often, but no where near as much or as taxing as the Interstate clubs do.

Still won't answer the question.

Did you learn your debtating technique from studying Trump's performance in the recent election?

I told you, I dont answer stupid questions.

I dont get why Geelong seem to wanna whinge about the regular season, but wouldnt you prefer to have finals played there rather than the extra 2 mickey mouse H&A games?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back