Prediction Is there any reason we can't be the 2019 premiers?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There appears to be a strategy in place than none of us saw coming.

Yeah it will be interesting to see what the side effects of this strategy are. If we dont nail these draft picks we are in for a long hail at the bottom. Opposition supporters will then start ramping up the relocate talks. Seems like a very dangerous strategy to me

Yeah it will be interesting to see what the side effects of this strategy are.

I assume it's going to be something like:

Gibson --> Clark
Mullet --> Hibberd

If we dont nail these draft picks we are in for a long hail at the bottom.

We can probably expect another couple of years of pain.

Opposition supporters will then start ramping up the relocate talks. Seems like a very dangerous strategy to me

What's so dangerous about a bunch of ignorant internet heroes spouting bullshit? We could win the premiership and they would still start a weekly thread about this bullshit.

I know stats aren't the be all and end all but these are based on 2017 averages, and again, decent effort for a bloke that not only didn't have his best year in a bottom 4 team, but is the only true solid KPD we have, vs a bloke that played in a flag. Ball obviously came down a bit more for Taz, but stats for mine don't give a strong enough indication that Rance is that much better.
Better that Tarrant? Yeah probably. Significantly better? Nope.

Alex Rance - Robbie Tarrant

Games 21
9.2 Kicks Per Game 10.9
6.8 Handballs Per Game 6.9
16.0 Disposals Per Game 17.8
5.2 Marks Per Game 6.2
0 Goals Per Game 0
0 Behinds Per Game 0
2.4 Tackles Per Game 2.6
0 Hitouts Per Game 0
0.8 Inside 50s Per Game 2.1
0 Goal Assists Per Game 0.1
Frees For Per Game 1.1
1.1 Frees Against Per Game 1.4
Contested Possessions Per Game 5.7
9.4 Uncontested Possessions Per Game 11.9
12.7 Effective Disposals Per Game 14.7
79.4% Disposal Efficiency % Per Game 82.6%
2.4 Clangers Per Game 2.9
Contested Marks Per Game 1.0
0 Marks Inside 50 Per Game 0
0.2 Clearances Per Game 0.2
3.9 Rebound 50s Per Game 4.3
One Percenters Per Game 4.0
0.1 Bounces Per Game 0.1
97.2 Time On Ground % Per Game 92.1
0 Centre Clearances Per Game 0
0.2 Stoppage Clearances Per Game 0.2
2.5 Score Involvements Per Game 3.0
270.6 Metres Gained Per Game 316.5
2.4 Turnovers Per Game 2.9
Intercepts Per Game 6.8
0 Tackles Inside 50 Per Game 0
$372,000 AFL Fantasy Price $401,000
65.2 AFL Fantasy Score Per Game 72.8
$439,400
Supercoach Price $381,100
89.2 Supercoach Score Per Game 79.2​

I'm with Ryz on this one. They play slightly differently too so a bit stiff to praise how much attacking Rance does while also ignoring that Tarrant is extremely attacking while quelling generally the most dangerous forward. I think Tarrant suffers in comparison mostly due to the NMFC next to his name. There is certainly no gulf for mine.

I assume it's going to be something like:

Gibson --> Clark
Mullet --> Hibberd

We can probably expect another couple of years of pain.

What's so dangerous about a bunch of ignorant internet heroes spouting bullshit? We could win the premiership and they would still start a weekly thread about this bullshit.

Agree on the player substitutions. To be honest I though Gibson was pretty much redundant this year for Clarke and mentioned as much a few months back. Too similar.

That last is 100% spot on. The ingorant will always be so when it comes to us.

Rance is better with the ball on the deck, but Taz shades him in the air.

Rances ability to get to other contests is the major difference, whereas Taz is more of a lock down defender. This is highlighted in the !% differential.

Rance is brilliant in the air (as is Tarrant) - just a tad better 1 on 1 in body positioning in the contest.

He FB and Tarrant CHB would be perfect.

Yeah it will be interesting to see what the side effects of this strategy are. If we dont nail these draft picks we are in for a long hail at the bottom. Opposition supporters will then start ramping up the relocate talks. Seems like a very dangerous strategy to me
i agree, one solution i can see is to stop listening to opposition supporters

i agree, one solution i can see is to stop listening to opposition supporters
Always interesting that it is North Melbourne and only ever North Melbourne who come into the conversations among the AFL community when ever there is talk of "relocation". Why? We don't have the lowest membership, until 12 months ago the Bulldogs had that well and truly sewn up with 5000 fewer members than us, but now it is Melbourne and Saint Kilda vying for that honour. North Melbourne doesn't have the most debt, there are five other Melbourne based teams carrying higher debts. We have won twice as many flags as the mighty Collingwood has over the last 40 odd years. Hmm? We've even won twice as many flags as what the reigning Premiers have done since 1980. So what is it? Why do we politely let the remainder of the AFL community get away with this garbage and trashing the good name of one of the oldest teams in Victoria?

In less than two seasons we've seen a phenomenal turnover of our midfield. We've 'lost' Harvey, Wells, Dal Santo, Swallow, and Gibson, players all over 30.

Ziebell, Cunnington and Higgins continue, and we hope to move McDonald and Atley into the midfield mix.

In place of ageing servants we've drafted and hope to develop Clarke, Mountford, Simpkin, Ahern, Junkers, Williams, and Hibberd, with a very good mid coming. Kudos to the club for list management.

I'm with Ryz on this one. They play slightly differently too so a bit stiff to praise how much attacking Rance does while also ignoring that Tarrant is extremely attacking while quelling generally the most dangerous forward. I think Tarrant suffers in comparison mostly due to the NMFC next to his name. There is certainly no gulf for mine.
The strongest indicators of the gulf between the two players is what they do to stop their side from losing games. This can be seen in the stats for these three facets of the game:
9.7 One Percenters Per Game 4.0
6.8 Contested Possessions Per Game 5.7
9.4 Intercepts Per Game 6.8

It is those things that sets Rance significantly ahead of other KPBs (including Tarrant) and has commentators and game watchers shaking their head in amazement on a consistent basis.

The strongest indicators of the gulf between the two players is what they do to stop their side from losing games. This can be seen in the stats for these three facets of the game:

It is those things that sets Rance significantly ahead of other KPBs (including Tarrant) and has commentators and game watchers shaking their head in amazement on a consistent basis.
Taz's attacking numbers are severly impacted by how s**t our midfield has been.

The ability of Astbury to take the big forwards also allows Tance to atack more too.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

upload_2017-12-23_20-54-28.png

You're missing the number of bags Drew Petrie kicked on him?

Always interesting that it is North Melbourne and only ever North Melbourne who come into the conversations among the AFL community when ever there is talk of "relocation". Why? We don't have the lowest membership, until 12 months ago the Bulldogs had that well and truly sewn up with 5000 fewer members than us, but now it is Melbourne and Saint Kilda vying for that honour. North Melbourne doesn't have the most debt, there are five other Melbourne based teams carrying higher debts. We have won twice as many flags as the mighty Collingwood has over the last 40 odd years. Hmm? We've even won twice as many flags as what the reigning Premiers have done since 1980. So what is it? Why do we politely let the remainder of the AFL community get away with this garbage and trashing the good name of one of the oldest teams in Victoria?
And our population will be massively boosted when the loop building is done

Same reason why people think Apple iphone is the best phone. Too ignorant.

Cool story 'b0r'....I mean bro.

Why do opposition supporters go to other boards and actively look for stuff like this with which to rub their nipples?
Tugger supporters are 100% football in their life. Unlike the rest of us, we actually have lives and know football better. It might have something to do with the education we had in our life that they missed out on to comprehend things.

You have taken an interesting angle with your stats, out of the possible 30 odd options it seems you settled for the ones Rance 'beat' Tarrant in. What about metres gained, avg disposals per match, marks per match, rebounds per game, disposal efficiency, score involvements?

Seriously you tiges fans are a funny lot.

You have taken an interesting angle with your stats, out of the possible 30 odd options it seems you settled for the ones Rance 'beat' Tarrant in. What about metres gained, avg disposals per match, marks per match, rebounds per game, disposal efficiency, score involvements?

Seriously you tiges fans are a funny lot.

"Funny lot" is generous. They all pull this sort of bullshit (e.g cynically selective stats) and think that they won't be called out. It makes me think that they must get away with this stuff on their board because the average Tiges poster is too gullible to question what another one has posted.

In the other LOLNorf thread noted above, it was easy to shred every argument they made because they were all as flimsy as the selective stats one and were typically in ignorance (deliberate or otherwise) of relevant facts.

"Funny lot" is generous. They all pull this sort of bullshit (e.g cynically selective stats) and think that they won't be called out. It makes me think that they must get away with this stuff on their board because the average Tiges poster is too gullible to question what another one has posted.

In the other LOLNorf thread noted above, it was easy to shred every argument they made because they were all as flimsy as the selective stats one and were typically in ignorance (deliberate or otherwise) of relevant facts.
The fact that they won the flag this year but still have two NO OPPOSITION SUPPORTERS threads on their front page tell you all you need to know about BF Tiger fans. Snivelling sniping simpletons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back