Opinion Is this rock bottom?

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah, I love the players. No hate like that here. I just want them to be ruthless so that in 20 years or so they can look back on a couple flags or a dynasty and know that they were the ones to turn it around. I think they’re good enough.
They're not good enough mate. The lack of talent on our list is frightening. If you seriously think these guys are "good enough", I'm sorry, but you are sadly mistaken. We probably have 5-6 talented guys on our list. The rest will max-out as B to C Grade footballers at best.

It feels as dire as Noble’s second year at the moment. Feeling like there’s no way out, and the years of unfulfilled hope are draining our souls. Whilst not as bad as the Noble years, the compounding impact of loss after loss after loss is testing the faith of the most arden-t of us.

Right now, it feels like Pauly’s calling for the towel to be thrown in as Rocky takes another pounding, and whilst there’s potentially one more big hit to come at Geelong next week, we should not see it as the knock out blow. We’ve had a tough draw, and we are young, but with some great young talent. There are plenty of teams to come that are not great, and we should see as beatable - West Coast, Essendon, St Kilda, Hawthorn and Richmond. Even the Dogs and Sydney are gettable based on our efforts against them last year. We obviously won’t win them all, but we should win some - here’s hoping for 5 or 6! Remember, we are only 4 rounds in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They're not good enough mate. The lack of talent on our list is frightening. If you seriously think these guys are "good enough", I'm sorry, but you are sadly mistaken. We probably have 5-6 talented guys on our list. The rest will max-out as B to C Grade footballers at best.
I think you are underestimating us but everyone has their own opinion. Personally i think we will be in the mix to play finals come 2026.

Can we reopen that gc thread and talk about how much that win was going to catapult us in a new direction? 😂

I just hope that Clarkson talk about finding players who were going to buy into gf footy wasn’t bullshit

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nothing is beating this game.

I remember the night well for a myriad of reasons however in 2019 we won 10 games. This was before our current run of 4 bottom 2 finishes in a row. The worse patch of the NMFC Football we have witnessed in our lifetimes. :stern look

Hawthorn the week after will tell a tale. :stern look
Huh? Let’s not forget Hawthorn won 3 flags ten years ago. We can’t expect our young joeys to be competitive against the Hawks.
Our draw really has been the draw from hell this year. I think it opens up for us after the bye though. 👌.

We’ll be right. Just gotta be patient.

I remember the night well for a myriad of reasons however in 2019 we won 10 games. This was before our current run of 4 bottom 2 finishes in a row. The worse patch of the NMFC Football we have witnessed in our lifetimes. :stern look
I was gonna say ever but wow were we crap in the 1930s.

Winless seasons, a period of 15 years where we were last or second last 12times.

Losing is shit and there is no quick way out of the hole we're in.

We're Melbourne levels of shit and they had 12 years between finals. We are at 8.

Is it wrong of me to expect more from our club? I mean we seem to get it terribly wrong year after year. Not much we get right on field or off field these days.
If you go back 15 -20years this rock bottom, shit would have killed the club.

We are clearly doing or have done things ok off field.

If you go back 15 -20years this rock bottom, s**t would have killed the club.

We are clearly doing or have done things ok off field.
Yeah we have. We have sold off 4 games a season to Tasmania to balance the books and luckily have a resilient and generous supporter base that keeps putting money into the club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Is this rock bottom?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back