Player Watch Isaac Quaynor (Academy Prospect)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So are we going to get priority access to Green what position does he play? This Quaynor sounds awesome. Coffield and Quaynor on both back flanks. Juicy.

Don't Think so as he is NOT Aboriginal

Is Fiorini a starting mid though? He only played 13 games this year, so I thought he’d be regarded as fringe. TBH it doesn’t matter who we get. I’d take any spud from em if it meant we could get away with only paying 1 first rounder getting Lynch in.

He will be this year.

We just got unlucky. He wanted out for opportunity, we weren't going to force him to stay and play VFL. Unfortunately only GCS were interested, for some reason teams like the Dogs and Dons who needed someone like him, didn't rate him, thus we couldn't get any decent value.
Maybe. It’s not just the GC though it’s 2 other teams now.

In the Witts case, I think we could have pushed harder for a second rounder. I know we got it in terms of points but surely if we were as strong as we used to be in the negotiations, we would have gotten it done. We just get pushed over too easily.

What happened to Holt-Fitz and Luke Kelly, we're they both wrong or are they on the radar as well?
Will Kelly is ‘Luke’ Kelly. Holt Fitz is available to us, no idea if the club is interested.

Does any one know what heritage the kid is
I certainly don't know for sure, but I'd have thought if he was eligible to be taken by us that the papers/AFL website would have mentioned it.

Edit: This article mentions a couple of (Next Generation Academy) players eligible to be taken by clubs, but Green (who was in the squad) isn't mentioned as being available to Collingwood:- http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-05-15/age-no-barrier-for-territory-draft-prospect

Thomas is a member of North Melbourne's Next Generation Academy and the club will have first call on him at next year's draft. Tony Olango, who is one of eight Northern Territory prospects in the Allies' squad, is eligible to join Hawthorn under the NGA rules having been overlooked at last year's draft.

2017 NAB AFL UNDER-18 ALLIES SQUAD

NSW-ACT (GWS Academy): Nicholas Shipley, Brendan Myers, Jack Powell, Nathan Richards, Jarrod Brander, Alex Paech, Daniel Johnston, Laine Fitzgerald, Doultan Langlands, Jy Lane, Tom Highmore, Charlie Spargo
NSW-ACT (Sydney academy): Luke Skrivanic, Nick Blakey, James Bell, Michael Carroll, Harrison Carr, Luke Robertson, Jarrod Osborne, Jake Brown, Jack Hardman
Queensland (Gold Coast academy): Brodie Foster, Brayden Crossley, Harry Simmington, Jacob Dawson, Bailey Scott, Sam Davidson, Damien Burke, Timakoi Bowie, Caleb Graham, Kwaby Boakye
Queensland (Brisbane Lions academy): Connor Ballenden, Jack Payne, Jack Clayton, Ben Sloan
Tasmania: Chayce Jones, Tarryn Thomas, Hugh Dixon, Thomas Mundy, Jake Hinds, Nicholas Hutchinson
Northern Territory: Rodney Baird, Zac Bailey, Matthew Green, Jeremiah Scrutton, Tony Olango, Adam Sambono, Dominic Grant

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I certainly don't know for sure, but I'd have thought if he was eligible to be taken by us that the papers/AFL website would have mentioned it.
Sounds like a no then for us, pitty

Edit: This article mentions a couple of (Next Generation Academy) players eligible to be taken by clubs, but Green (who was in the squad) isn't mentioned as being available to Collingwood:- http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-05-15/age-no-barrier-for-territory-draft-prospect

Thomas is a member of North Melbourne's Next Generation Academy and the club will have first call on him at next year's draft. Tony Olango, who is one of eight Northern Territory prospects in the Allies' squad, is eligible to join Hawthorn under the NGA rules having been overlooked at last year's draft.

2017 NAB AFL UNDER-18 ALLIES SQUAD

NSW-ACT (GWS Academy): Nicholas Shipley, Brendan Myers, Jack Powell, Nathan Richards, Jarrod Brander, Alex Paech, Daniel Johnston, Laine Fitzgerald, Doultan Langlands, Jy Lane, Tom Highmore, Charlie Spargo
NSW-ACT (Sydney academy): Luke Skrivanic, Nick Blakey, James Bell, Michael Carroll, Harrison Carr, Luke Robertson, Jarrod Osborne, Jake Brown, Jack Hardman
Queensland (Gold Coast academy): Brodie Foster, Brayden Crossley, Harry Simmington, Jacob Dawson, Bailey Scott, Sam Davidson, Damien Burke, Timakoi Bowie, Caleb Graham, Kwaby Boakye
Queensland (Brisbane Lions academy): Connor Ballenden, Jack Payne, Jack Clayton, Ben Sloan
Tasmania: Chayce Jones, Tarryn Thomas, Hugh Dixon, Thomas Mundy, Jake Hinds, Nicholas Hutchinson
Northern Territory: Rodney Baird, Zac Bailey, Matthew Green, Jeremiah Scrutton, Tony Olango, Adam Sambono, Dominic Grant
Pretty sure your right (I haven't seen him mentioned as a CFC NGA player either), but he's mentioned in this old clontarf foundation publication and I always thought a kid had to be indigenous to be enrolled with clontarf.

http://www.clontarf.org.au/wp-content/uploads/newsletter-import/2012_06/2012_06_CF_The_Quarterly.pdf

http://www.clontarf.org.au/about/
about clontarf said:
Any Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander male enrolled at the school is eligible to participate in the Clontarf Academy

Pretty sure your right (I haven't seen him mentioned as a CFC NGA player either), but he's mentioned in this old clontarf foundation publication and I always thought a kid had to be indigenous to be enrolled with clontarf.

http://www.clontarf.org.au/wp-content/uploads/newsletter-import/2012_06/2012_06_CF_The_Quarterly.pdf

http://www.clontarf.org.au/about/
That is certainly interesting. I've checked the Flying Boomerangs' squads from recent years and doesn't look like he was there. Liam Holt-Fitz made it in 2015, the two are about the same age (I believe), and I imagine Green would have made it if eligible.

It does indeed look as if he would need to be indigenous to be in Clontarf, yet we surely should be hearing something if we were able to have first crack at him, given that he seems to be a well regarded prospect. Bit of a mystery!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back