Isaac Smith - do you remember him more as a Hawk or Cat?

Do you remember Isaac Smith more as a

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Taper

Club Legend
Jun 9, 2023
AFL Club
Geelong
Now that Isaac Smith has retired it feels like it's time to reflect on his great career.
Four premierships including three at Hawthorn and one at Geelong, along with a Norm Smith at Geelong.
I feel recency bias may have people remember him more as a Cat but do you remember him more as a Hawk or Cat, or both equally?

Now that Isaac Smith has retired it feels like it's time to reflect on his great career.
Four premierships including three at Hawthorn and one at Geelong, along with a Norm Smith at Geelong.
I feel recency bias may have people remember him more as a Cat but do you remember him more as a Hawk or Cat, or both equally?
Only cats supporters would remember him more as a cat.

10 years and 3 flags with Hawthorn.

Why is this a way to reflect on his career? These threads are just annoying. Peoples' memories aren't binary.

Isaac Smith played for Hawthorn?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

12 flags in my lifetime. Im doing ok. Thanks for the concern though.
Given how crap hawthorn has been for a while now and all those years mopping up priority draft picks.. You can sit down and educate us on how to best prepare for september when your club is a basket case. You have plenty of experience with it over those years.

Please educate us all with your wisdom

Given how crap hawthorn has been for a while now and all those years mopping up priority draft picks.. You can sit down and educate us on how to best prepare for september when your club is a basket case. You have plenty of experience with it over those years.

Yes a "basket case" LOL. That term gets thrown around willy Nilly these days. If you didn't win the flag last year how not to prepare for September has your clubs name on it. The home and away champions. We are down now but I rekon your in the rear vision mirror as early as next year. And yes I'll wait for the " Oh but we beat you by 80 points Easter Monday" like it has some relevance anymore.

You answered the question in your own post.

3 Hawks flags to 1 Cats.

Nice melt.

They 3peated in the last decade?

Right now I remember him for dragging Geelong across the line last year, probably the difference in a closely fought Grand Final but in the long run he is definitely a Hawk 10 years 3 flags, Geelong 2023 was just a bonus for him.

Back