It will turn, stick fat

Remove this Banner Ad

Move through the stages.

By Thursday evening we’ll all be lurking in the pre match thread and doing the mental gymnastics required to predict a victory against the saints.

We have improved we go forward now and score a bit more even against the best sides. 2 yrs ago ,said it before I used to get excited if we had an inside 50 scoring was considered a bonus , and thats just a point lol

Move through the stages.

By Thursday evening we’ll all be lurking in the pre match thread and doing the mental gymnastics required to predict a victory against the saints.

"If Free can get on top of Marshall at centre bounces... McKay, Logue and Corr have got Membrey and Owens covered for height, and Drury coming in for Turner means we'll be able to actually put pressure on Sinclair... Scott will know exactly where Wood likes to run to receive, he just needs to play a blanket shut down role... Sheezel will get on top of Higgins, Edwards will be too tall for Wilkie... North by 21"

It would a heck of a lot tougher without BF wouldn’t it.

In my new job of which is ridiculous and is actually about doing well not a lot lol. The kind folk ask me if I follow the footyball and I say yeah the Roos. Always ******* silence, every time.
Maybe I’m saying I eat babies or some such.

But it is nice to have a place we can come and vent and laugh occasionally at how tragic our lot is in the world of football.

I think it's got to the point where colleagues and friends and acquaintances and opposition supporters at games choose not to engage in banter or trolling or even gentle ribbing with us because they recognise it's like teasing the kid in school who is mentally not running on all cylinders. It stopped being fun and has just become cruel.

Move through the stages.

Me predicting a 100 point win next weekend:
Laurie Hernandez Latina GIF by Latinx Heritage

Same. IF you are down for any reason unrelated to football, as I have been, times like tonight are just a killer. And what happened to Chom is devastating
Sorry to hear this, take care of yourself.

In 2013, we beat Melbourne by 122 points. They had been out of finals for 7 years prior and didn't make them again until 2018.

We have been out of finals for 7 years and will likely lose by over 100 tonight. If we are tracking like them, forget about finals until 2028.

That's bloody depressing. As people IIT have mentioned, this kills new supporters and kids to the club.
Things turn quicker than you think. For context we actually were decently competitive again in 2015 (footy starting being enjoyable again), 2016 we were in the finals race until the second last round of the H&A and had some ripping wins (snapping reigning premier Hawthorn’s 10+ game winning streak a highlight).
2017 we missed finals by a record small margin after choking in the last round.
Wouldn’t surprise me to see you guys around the finals race in a couple of years. Sheezel is a beast.

Things turn quicker than you think. For context we actually were decently competitive again in 2015 (footy starting being enjoyable again), 2016 we were in the finals race until the second last round of the H&A and had some ripping wins (snapping reigning premier Hawthorn’s 10+ game winning streak a highlight).
Wouldn’t surprise me to see you guys around the finals race in a couple of years. Sheezel is a beast.

Huh? Weren’t you crap from that last GF belting right up until you won the GF.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Except the North Melbourne Football Club has the turning circle of a steam train. And here is vision of precisely where that steam train is at right now....

Black And White Oops GIF by Buyout Footage

The only difficult one IMO is Luke McDonald. He’s a co-captain, he’s on a long term deal. But he is part of the cancer that needs to be surgically removed.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I'm overseas at the moment and Kayo doesn't work here. I've missed the last three games :D

Kayo doesn’t work even if you’re here.

So I bought Kayo a couple years back, thinking “my work usually means I’ll miss games live, that’s ok I’ll watch the replay of every north win”.

According to my quick maths, I’ve paid about $250 per win.
This is not a good deal.

Why is it inevitable?

This is what I always thought too but I’m starting to think it might not be.
You know how they always say its darkest just before the dawn?

Well they're wrong. Its darkest in the middle of the *en night when the sun's shining on the other side of the world (unless the moon is bright obviously.) In the hour before the dawn the fainest light appears everywhere, then slowly on the horizen and before you know it the sun is up, often magnificently and its warm and stuff.

It's the middle of the night right now. It might be just after midnight. It might be 3 am. I dunno - its too *en dark to see the clock.

But the light will appear soon enough. It might have already started, what with LDU and Jy's recent form and young Harry Sheezel.

Being a Nth person is like having a family member who’s a drug addict.

It’s painful, you want to disassociate - but you can’t, because they’re family, so you can’t walk away.

But you naively hope that one day, they’ll get their life together, recover and make you and themselves proud.
Sometimes it happens, even after decades.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back