It's not Judd's fault.

Remove this Banner Ad

Judd winning is an insult to decent players. Did he win any other awards this year?

What an embarrasment to this game!
Mate he did not like the power point show, nor did the ruck man. Get over it nobody wants to play for a team that only gets a few hundred to their games. It is sad you stay so angry but the fact is you could not land him and we did :)

So by your own admission Judd was lucky to get away with the elbow to Pavlich, and even as a Carlton supporter you believe it likely he got off due to his identity .
Therefore correct if I'm wrong , but is that an admission that it is likely that Judd wrongfully remained eligible , and therefore won the brownlow because of his identity ?
Yea everyone in football is given equal opportunity despite their identity . :) :) thanks for the laugh !!
And you are mod here, FFS bigfooty has low standards. I guess we are lucky the people who lick the admin here dont own dogs or lassie would be a mod also.

It's been answered every time you've brought it up just not with the answer you want !!
He hasn't set a great example on field , this year, and it's seen by plenty, because of his identity , he was permitted to get away , without penalty, for acting outside the rules and I think it will effect grass roots football .
Given the fact he has won the brownlow it will further inflate responses !
Thsi guy is really admin, what a joke.

He is a tool.

and a troll or really stupid.

2005. Leo Barry won a Grand Final.

I was referring to individual awards.

It's ironic that you mention Leo Barry though.....

..... as it was none other than Chris Judd who won the Norm Smith in a losing side that year!

EDIT: Sorry, just noticed your earlier post referring to that. :)

So by your own admission Judd was lucky to get away with the elbow to Pavlich, and even as a Carlton supporter you believe it likely he got off due to his identity .
Therefore correct if I'm wrong , but is that an admission that it is likely that Judd wrongfully remained eligible , and therefore won the brownlow because of his identity ?
Yea everyone in football is given equal opportunity despite their identity . :) :) thanks for the laugh !!

Are you being deliberately dense?

The point we were arguing was never that everyone in football is given equal opportunity despite their identity - it was the impact this was going to have on grass roots football. Yes Judd was lucky to win in that he probably should have been suspended. But you somehow equate that to some mass exodus of parents and kids from the game. :confused:

My point is that statement is beyond ludicrous, and remains so. Bad decisions are made all the time - do all and sundry throw their arms up and drop their bundle? Of course not, you suck it up and get on with it. If you're honest (or sane ;)) you know that Judd not getting suspended was on the lower end of the scale of bad decisions - as mentioned, you're carrying on like Judd left Pav in a vegetative state or something.

Surely you realise how popular AFL is. The sky is not falling just because one dodgy decision has ended up resulting in a brownlow for a player who should have otherwise been suspended.

Laughs indeed.. :)

Judd deserved the brownlow. Judd had no one taking votes off him. Judd is a champion and a worthy dual medalist.the game he polled three votes in, that carlton lost, he had 37 posessions, umpires see this and he is very visible and skilful and that day his team was being flogged and he was the only one that showed up. The other three vote games in a row, well that would be just what a champ like judd could do.
Eddie looking ashen faced when swan didn't win is a joke almost like abblett when he nearly cried the year everyone said it would be him. What a joke. Eddie is a good bloke too but collingwood don't walk on water,and swan ,s little remark about winning the coaches players award was a bit cheap too.

When was the last time a backman won the MVP?

Or anything else for that matter?

1993 Brownlow- Gavin Wanganeen from the Back Pocket..

Champion player and worthy winner,in all the games carlton won or were really competitive he was the standout player.Congratulations juddy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1993 Brownlow- Gavin Wanganeen from the Back Pocket..

Yes, and people were complaining that a midfielder (Greg Williams) should have won it!

My initial point was that the Brownlow, and every other individual award, have always been midfielders awards. It's not just lately as some people seem to believe, and it's not just the Brownlow, as some people seem to believe. It has always been that way. (not that I have a problem with that by the way...)

Read it properly , his win will add to belief that their is a preferred stereotype within the AFL , which is a growing concern at grassroots level !!

Of course there is a preferred stereotype within the AFL, what you want anyone or everyone to be able to play AFL?

Every team in the comp want 6ft4 midfielders who can run flat out all day and take strong overhead marks and kick 60m running goals. If it was possible that's the only type of player that would be drafted.

Grassroots players don't strive to win brownlow's, they want to firstly get a game in the AFL then they want to win premierships.

I don't get what all the fuss is about. The players, fans, administration would rather win a premiership, how many champion footballers haven't won a brownlow - More than probably have. Yet we have thread after thread on this issue, FFS hopefully after we have a winner on the weekend everyone will get over all this brownlow crap and get back to what is really important - Our team winning games of football.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back