Prediction JACK HIGGINS - The next star of the AFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi all and sorry for the intrusion - posting here as I couldn't see a SC/DT thread.

Firstly, I love this kid. His persona and footy smarts are not often seen and you can tell he has a genuine love for the game which is addictive.

His numbers as a junior were impressive, what I'm wondering is whether you can see him getting more midfield minutes this year to help out around the stoppages which he's no slouch at. I really want to bring him in my SC team but second year players make me nervous especially around consistency. If he was going to have a chop out most games through the middle I'd be pretty bullish on starting him. His pre-season looks flawless, he looked lively in the AFLX so I'm interested to hear whether you think his midfield minutes increase and whether you expect him to potential break-out in just his second year.

Cheers and good luck.
Mate there's also a whole supercoach section if you scroll through to the bottom of the forums. Screenshot_20190320-202946_Chrome.jpg

Hi all and sorry for the intrusion - posting here as I couldn't see a SC/DT thread.

Firstly, I love this kid. His persona and footy smarts are not often seen and you can tell he has a genuine love for the game which is addictive.

His numbers as a junior were impressive, what I'm wondering is whether you can see him getting more midfield minutes this year to help out around the stoppages which he's no slouch at. I really want to bring him in my SC team but second year players make me nervous especially around consistency. If he was going to have a chop out most games through the middle I'd be pretty bullish on starting him. His pre-season looks flawless, he looked lively in the AFLX so I'm interested to hear whether you think his midfield minutes increase and whether you expect him to potential break-out in just his second year.

Cheers and good luck.
I reckon he'll play similar midfield minutes to what he was at the back end of last year. He sort of transitioned from forward to mid-fwd later in the year, which I think most tigers supporters will agree with me if you want some more anecdotal evidence but to pull out some stats, in his first 9 games, he never got any more than 16 possessions.
In the next 11 he only went 16 or below 4 times, and hit 20 or more 4 times. His contested possessions also seemed to increase in this period.

To enter a bit more subjective stuff, hopefully he becomes a more consistent player for us this year, and if he does I don't see why he can't average around 20 touches as a mid-fwd.
I'll leave the rest to you as I'm really bad at SuperCoach.

Here's some supercoach food for thought from Foxsports
As a first-year player, Higgins ranked elite for contested, intercept possessions, and ground ball gets to go with pressure acts inside 50. Fun fact: the Tigers won the clearance rate 56% of the time that Higgins attended a centre bounce — that is the highest percentage differential in the AFL. Big risk/reward option, but if it comes off, you’ll be laughing all the way to the bank.

Here's some supercoach food for thought from Foxsports
As a first-year player, Higgins ranked elite for contested, intercept possessions, and ground ball gets to go with pressure acts inside 50. Fun fact: the Tigers won the clearance rate 56% of the time that Higgins attended a centre bounce — that is the highest percentage differential in the AFL. Big risk/reward option, but if it comes off, you’ll be laughing all the way to the bank.
Yeah I did read that but my worry is Dimma didn't.

I'm leaning towards bringing him in, like I said I love watching him play so might as well go on the journey.

Thanks

I'm leaning towards bringing him in, like I said I love watching him play so might as well go on the journey.

Thanks

Might be a year early for mine will have some great games but think he will only get limited mid time overall

Might be a year early for mine will have some great games but think he will only get limited mid time overall
I know that he's pushing the coach to play midfield and I think Dimma will like those stats.The only negative would be have too many small mids at the same time, Prestia and Higgins are only 175cm and 177cm or about 5'9" in the old.He can also create goals so there's that.I'll back him, all the signs are there.

Thanks
Lock in the pig and you’ll never look back! 90+ For sure
Already our 4th best mid behind dusty cotch and dion

Will enjoy watching him average 22 and a goal per game
Champion data love him to

Cheers and good luck.

Yes, he is playing more midfield. He seems more likely to avoid the second year blues than most. And he'll be a second/third string mid who won't attract the attention due ot Dusty/Cotch/Prestia taking the main heat

Yes, he is playing more midfield. He seems more likely to avoid the second year blues than most. And he'll be a second/third string mid who won't attract the attention due ot Dusty/Cotch/Prestia taking the main heat
He got the second year blues when he was a 16yo as he's been a full time footballer since he was 15yo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes , put him in the midfield he is silky.

One of our best tonight despite trying to off load to Lynch near the goals at the end when not really needed.

Quicker in the mind than many.

Time to incorporate a bit of leadership in his role and embrace his talent. He should not let king a younger player hold him back!!

Last edited:
One of our best tonight despite trying to off load to Lynch near the goals at the end when not really needed.

Quicker in the mind than many.

Time to incorporate a bit of leadership in his role and embrace his talent.
Yes, he should be a permanent mid now imo, he is clean and effective all the time.

Yes, he should be a permanent mid now imo, he is clean and effective all the time.

Higgins has a bit more awareness and polish than some of our other players. He should not let the fact he is only a second year player make him backward in coming forward in his decision making in play at times!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back