Speculation Jack Martin

Remove this Banner Ad

A pick within the first two rounds? Carlton couldn’t move him on quick enough for that price.

I think a club like Melbourne or Port will take a swing for a pick upgrade. I don’t think he will be DFA, Carlton will more than likely offer him a contract.

I think Geelong would offer a R2 if they liked him. His best still very good.

Was really handy over the back half of last year...a rare injury free stretch.

But the best ability is availability and Carltin have too many that struggle to stay on the park.

I doubt he lands at Geelong , more likely to move west but he is more talented than most you would draft for a late R2. He reminds me of Rohan in the bold.

Yes but Rohan cost nothing. Martin has talent sure, but he went pick 1 in the mini draft and has never at any stage justified his draft pick or his Carlton salary, and he's now 29.

Yes but Rohan cost nothing. Martin has talent sure, but he went pick 1 in the mini draft and has never at any stage justified his draft pick or his Carlton salary, and he's now 29.

I don't think Geelong would look at him, we are focusing on younger players but if a club thats the top8 had a chance to add a player like him, a club looking for forward talent for a late R2… id say that the chance of 3 years from him would be worth the risk.. ( like Higgins was for us.)

Whats the chance you get a pnp type with a R2? If we look back at our R2’s in the 30’s the last 5 drafts … Edwards, Mannagh , 2022-, Willis , Neale , Evans… If you can buy 40 games for that pick then its a win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And that didn't work out. Why are you assuming they would make the same mistakes, given how the club has been run for the past 20 years?

as I said….. “If they liked him” , I also said … I do not think we would look at him as we are focusing on younger players… but there are other sides that will have a different list needs that would think a late R2 is reasonable.

Would rather keep him o n but on a reduced/performance based salary.
He's a very smart footballer.
Obviously training loads for him are amiss atm but change that and get him right and he's worth more to us than anything we would get from a trade.

Of Carlton’s perennially injured, he’s the most important when fit. If he plays out the rest of the year then I reckon the blues will put an offer to him but it won’t be near as much as an oppo club might put if interested

Of Carlton’s perennially injured, he’s the most important when fit. If he plays out the rest of the year then I reckon the blues will put an offer to him but it won’t be near as much as an oppo club might put if interested

Would have though McGovern was well ahead of him in terms of performance and importance

Remove this Banner Ad

Back