Oppo Camp Jaidyn Stephenson (Traded to Nth Melb. 2020)

Should This Thread Be Kept Open?

• Yes

Votes: 30 54.5%
  • No

Votes: 25 45.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Minus the heart concerns do you think he would have gone top 3 ?
Kevin Sheehan pre the draft not after it (like revisionists) said he'd pick Jaidyn as number 1 pick.

If Stephenson doesn’t win the Rising Star, the whole AFL can go get f****d

Agreed. Not sure why it’s even up for debate. By rights, it should be the most one sided contest yet, but people still keep throwing up names of people who haven’t had half as good a year as Stephenson.
If he doesn’t win I’ll never pay attention to it again.

What I love about him for the third week in a row, opponents try to ruffle him and he just smiles. Did it to Hodge tonight, was so funny.

Good to see him play further up field, think he could play wing and/or mid, all class. We have a beauty.

Said on Ch7 Sunday footy show that Hodgey was just warning him to stay away from Robertson who's a nutter.

Interesting, he also said he's added 9-10 kilos since he arrived preseason. Arrived at 71kg's, now north of 80.

Said on Ch7 Sunday footy show that Hodgey was just warning him to stay away from Robertson who's a nutter.

Interesting, he also said he's added 9-10 kilos since he arrived preseason. Arrived at 71kg's, now north of 80.

Just on Robertson I thought he played De Goey really well. Tough unit.

Allen Jakovic 71 goals in his debut season....

Graham Wright 38 (23 games including 1 final) playing small forward/wing....

Last edited:
Interesting that he's already up to 80kg from 73kg this time last year. It bodes well for his ability to put on more weight in the next couple of preseasons.

18 weetbix per day is a start!

He doesn’t look 80kg - if that’s true then he needs another 10kg min as he is built like a stick insect.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agreed. Not sure why it’s even up for debate. By rights, it should be the most one sided contest yet, but people still keep throwing up names of people who haven’t had half as good a year as Stephenson.
If he doesn’t win I’ll never pay attention to it again.

Howe was Robbed last year of MOTY so don't rule anything out

He didn't play off a wing in his debut year. Mostly played as a small forward.

Yeah, played a bit of both along with Brown, Millane, and Barwick.

Witherden has extremely strong claims. Its 50/50 in my book. Witherden been more consistent but when Stephenson plays well he has greater impact. Will be close

He didn't play off a wing in his debut year. Mostly played as a small forward.

Zactly....Wrighty was a very good small forward (great mark above his head and a dead eye). His wing stuff didn't start till his second year and what a winger he was!

Unfortunately by 2023 he will be an overweight Dean Rioli type and by 2025 he will be a diabetic
Then finally be Darren Jarman.

Have you seen how big he has become like a big poorly developed mega house

The danger to him is not the other nominees but the afl selectors like spud Frawley (a more perfect name yet to be found)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back