Oppo Camp Jaidyn Stephenson (Traded to Nth Melb. 2020)

Should This Thread Be Kept Open?

• Yes

Votes: 30 54.5%
  • No

Votes: 25 45.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Or it just might be that we have too many players of the same type and we're trying to balance things out.

We have Elliott, JDG, Stevo, WHE and to a lesser extent Thomas; all similar in terms of where they do their best work. Yet we have no KPF. So on the one hand we have riches when it comes to small forwards that can play deep but we have nobody like a Lynch or Cameron.

There have been efforts to push some up the ground with varying success. It would make sense for the club to trade a player type that you have a surplus of but Stevo would be off the table IMHO unless he wants out and we get a ready made KPF for him.

Ha, not at all, I just feel that Buckley might be trying to turn Stephenson into a midfielder too much. Might be a coincidence, might be a coaching issue

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Obviously kicking our highest score since the GWS loss was too much and he had to be dropped for daring to kick goals. At least Buckley knows Cameron won’t trouble the scorers for a few more games so Stevo got punished for kicking multiple goals. Unacceptable in Buckleys team, Ruscoe better watch out he doesn’t kick any this week.

What about 2 Goals and Offers lot more then quite a Few in the Team.

Guess Rumors are True that he wants out

If you're standing by yourself in the 50 and the opposition turn around and kick it to you, you get a goal... But did you really play well or deserve it?

Stephenson has been garbage for a long time, and is very scared of physical contact. He's a 1 trick who needs space to lead into to perform well, teams have stopped that now.

Obviously kicking our highest score since the GWS loss was too much and he had to be dropped for daring to kick goals. At least Buckley knows Cameron won’t trouble the scorers for a few more games so Stevo got punished for kicking multiple goals. Unacceptable in Buckleys team, Ruscoe better watch out he doesn’t kick any this week.
s**t, stupid post

Just another example of how unhinged your views on Buckley have become.
Sad really, that what you are attempting to pass off as sarcasm is actually how you truly feel.

Your usual anti Buckley sarcasm Eddie. Its getting old and time to get some new material I think. You give, as usual, no realistic insight into the club's selection decisions.

Your usual anti Buckley sarcasm Eddie. Its getting old and time to get some new material I think. You give, as usual, no realistic insight into the club's selection decisions.

Well unless Buckley is so bored he is posting on this site, no one can. But from the outside it seems he picks based on things other than footballing ability.

But it’s a shame footballers who can kick goals are not valued by Buckley, it’d be nice to see us kick a decent score again, not have 60 being rare...

No, I don’t, which is why I’m not making bullshit statements. The real keyboard warriors here are the ones trying to hang sh*t on our young players instead of supporting them. Happy to call that out. Sorry if that upsets you.
It’s pretty sad state of affairs that somebody can’t praise a player on our list without also taking the opportunity to be shittt-canning another player.... in the same sentence.

People need to take a good look at themselves

It's pretty sad that some people need everything spelled out for them and don't have the finesse to be able to read between the lines.

The point I was trying to make in my original statement is that Trey has provided our forward line with much needed energy and a simple joy of playing these past two weeks and this is something that came naturally to Stephenson prior to his betting scandal. This was once him thus I'm looking his way wondering where it is!

If some of you believe supporting a player means blaming all his current troubles on a preseason bout of glandular fever then go right ahead.

Personally I think it's naive to believe the root of all his problems lies just in the physical, would rather look deeper out of concern and as I warned prior to the season starting the ramifications of his betting scandal mentally was still a great unknown and something worth worrying about until it wasn't.

Yes the glandular fever wouldn't have aided his cause but nothing I've seen from him this season has me believing the Stephenson we have at present is the same player we had prior to his suspension.

He looks a player out of love with the game to me and coupled with any lingering physical implications from his illness is playing a soulless, soft brand of football and it’s better he has a spell.

I want our rising star back!

Pretty sure that this was based more on off field behaviour than onfield ... (not that his onfield performances aren’t deserving of an omission).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back