Oppo Camp James Aish, (Traded to Freo 2019)

Remove this Banner Ad

He was building very nicely for us before he got injured think he can play a role for us in the finals.
Pfffft. The club has not been transparent on injuries in the past and players have not always returned as expected. Until I see him back on the ground building fitness in the VFL, I shall curb my enthusiasm and await visual reassurance. Of course, I hope your optimism is vindicated.

Interesting reading back on the fact now that he reportedly signed on to play for us over 3 years at approx 1m total. If it took 333k p/a to get him over, I am curious as to what he'd be on now? 400k and above on current output sounds like overs.

Anyway, good to have him sign on. Was showing form and hopefully he continues to build.

Interesting reading back on the fact now that he reportedly signed on to play for us over 3 years at approx 1m total. If it took 333k p/a to get him over, I am curious as to what he'd be on now? 400k and above on current output sounds like overs.

Anyway, good to have him sign on. Was showing form and hopefully he continues to build.

There'd be little to no interest elsewhere so I'd be staggered if he got a pay rise.

There'd be little to no interest elsewhere so I'd be staggered if he got a pay rise.

I'm curious as to how they would tackle that situation. Do they tell the manager that we paid premium (overpaid) to get him to come across, and his output hasn't met or has equally matched his wage?

I feel like it'd be a touchy subject to tell a player that they haven't improved their worth over a three year period, as to not ruin their self esteem. Then again, I guess that's what managers are for.

I'm curious as to how they would tackle that situation. Do they tell the manager that we paid premium (overpaid) to get him to come across, and his output hasn't met or has equally matched his wage?

I feel like it'd be a touchy subject to tell a player that they haven't improved their worth over a three year period, as to not ruin their self esteem. Then again, I guess that's what managers are for.

if you perform below par do you expect a bonus at xmas? if he didn't improve earlier this season he might've been gone at years end. getting a couple of years is a good result for him. not many people earn 300k a year outside professional sport.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A great sign that these boys are all signing on. Bit of a buzz around the place at the moment something we're not used to seeing under Bucks. Congrats Aishy and fingers crossed he can get back to playing that brand of footy you were playing before you went down earlier this season.

Love what he said about Schaz, seems that there is a lot of love for each other in the team.

Fellow South Australian Matt Scharenberg, who was taken one pick before Aish in the 2013 draft, has also inked a two-year extension after an injury-hit start to his own career.

"They timed that one nicely," Aish said.

"It's awesome for him, he's had such a good year.

"He's almost my favourite player to watch – to see him play with confidence and have fun out there, it's awesome.

"I'm pumped for him to be here as well, I'm sure a lot of other clubs would have loved him so it's good to have him here."

Been playing like he belongs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back