Oppo Camp James Aish, (Traded to Freo 2019)

Remove this Banner Ad

I know you love him Dave but sometimes your love of certain players blinds you. The truth was he was awful yesterday.
Him and Thomas were invisible.
Some other players had down days as well but these two were our worst.
Contributed nothing.
I still like both of them as players but the cold hearted truth is they were putrid yesterday.

He played a lock down role on WC small forwards who had no impact. Aish was fine. Greenwood was meant to be our great tagger but couldn't do anything about Shuey

He played a lock down role on WC small forwards who had no impact. Aish was fine. Greenwood was meant to be our great tagger but couldn't do anything about Shuey
Pantsed Yeo in the first half though.
Lock down role or not, 7 possessions when the ball was living in his part of the ground is schitt.
I'm not hating on him as I still have faith that he is going to be a good player for us, and I think prior to his knee injury this year we were starting to see the signs of that.
But let's call a spade a shovel. He was crap yesterday.

He seems to be a whipping boy for some. He wasn’t prolific yesterday, but he was good in the contests he was in, I can’t recall him having missed tackles / shirked contests, his disposal was ok.
Did I miss something or is the gripe that he just doesn’t do enough on balance?
Their KPPs were always going to cause us headaches and maybe Moore / Reid would have been better suited, but they are also injury prone and Aish didn’t select himself, match committee did.

Kept Venables almost invisible. I think he's better suited to a wing than as a small defender but committed himself to the role and took the points against his opponent who had a career worst performance with 4 disposals (@ 50% DE) and donuts in terms of scoreboard impact.

Glad Aish does not read social media as he would not want to stay at Collingwood and I bet Some Pies Fans Would Love That:rolleyes:

I think you get a little overly excited about the Aish criticism Dave. No worse than players like Langdon have endured most of their careers, even from you yourself. Truth is rarely as bad as some portray. No player achieves perfection 100% of the time.

I know you love him Dave but sometimes your love of certain players blinds you. The truth was he was awful yesterday.
Contributed nothing.
I still like both of them as players but the cold hearted truth is they were putrid yesterday.

Neither Aish or Thomas as bad as you suggest.

You count the potential HTM situation and Thomas had a few scoring opportunities and 13 possessions. He takes 1 or 2 of those opportunities and that's a great return for a small forward (Varcoe - 11D; Stephenson - 9; Venables - 4; Ryan - 10; Rioli - 12). His disposal was off Saturday but that's about the only real knock on his game.

Kept Venables almost invisible. I think he's better suited to a wing than as a small defender but committed himself to the role and took the points against his opponent who had a career worst performance with 4 disposals (@ 50% DE) and donuts in terms of scoreboard impact.

Of the 44 players that took the field on Saturday I'd rate Venables as the worst on exposed form. He was decent at times against Melbourne but Aish keeping him quiet is no huge achievement.

Aish is a fringe 22 player who could find himself as an unfortunate victim of circumstance. We win the game and he's a premiership hero forever. We lose, and he's a guy whose middling performances & lack of a clear best role might cause us to look for someone better to replace him.

Seems a bit needless to say, but he needs a huge preseason.

He is a receiver always looking for that easy ball to pop out,Brisbane were glad to see the back of him and Schache.

Of the 44 players that took the field on Saturday I'd rate Venables as the worst on exposed form. He was decent at times against Melbourne but Aish keeping him quiet is no huge achievement.

Aish is a fringe 22 player who could find himself as an unfortunate victim of circumstance. We win the game and he's a premiership hero forever. We lose, and he's a guy whose middling performances & lack of a clear best role might cause us to look for someone better to replace him.

Seems a bit needless to say, but he needs a huge preseason.

Venables is a developing player, less than 20 games to his credit, but averages around 10 possessions a game and .6 or .7 goals a game. Aish's job on him meant the Weagles gave him his equal lowest ever game time of 55% which should have been an advantage as others carried the additional load. Probably offset a little by Sier having similar game time.

Either way, Aish played his role. I'm not saying he stared, it was probably his least impactful game of the finals, but people claiming he was shocking are just over stating it.

Contributed nothing.

Well the Aish should never play for Collingwood Again as he is Utterly Usless

I reckon Aish had more score involvements than Venables for the Eagles. Not hard because Venables is a genuine spud, but interesting none the less.

Lucky he locked down Venables though, wouldn't have wanted him getting off the chain and getting his .6 goals and 9 disposals a game that he averages!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well lot of People are Extreme as well as much they say they Hate Him
Let the people say what they say mate. You’re going to fill up with the hate a lot more if you keep reading into people’s views and take them purely to heart.

One thing I’ve learnt here going to bat in for players is you’re not going to change people’s opinions on a player. The player themselves are going to have to change their opinion.

Let the people say what they say mate. You’re going to fill up with the hate a lot more if you keep reading into people’s views and take them purely to heart.

One thing I’ve learnt here going to bat in for players is you’re not going to change people’s opinions on a player. The player themselves are going to have to change their opinion.
or the player is not how the poster portrayed him because the poster either doesn't watch said player, or knows nothing about football (I always tend to believe its the latter)

Venables is a developing player, less than 20 games to his credit, but averages around 10 possessions a game and .6 or .7 goals a game. Aish's job on him meant the Weagles gave him his equal lowest ever game time of 55% which should have been an advantage as others carried the additional load. Probably offset a little by Sier having similar game time.

Either way, Aish played his role. I'm not saying he stared, it was probably his least impactful game of the finals, but people claiming he was shocking are just over stating it.
Aish’s job on him was the reason he got his lowest game time? Not a chance.

He got little game time because West Coast wanted their best team on the park for as long as possible. What an incredibly ridiculous thing to attribute to Aish, had nothing at all to do with him.

Aish’s job on him was the reason he got his lowest game time? Not a chance.

He got little game time because West Coast wanted their best team on the park for as long as possible. What an incredibly ridiculous thing to attribute to Aish, had nothing at all to do with him.

Of course. They obviously meant to go in with 21 players, just stuffed up selection.

He had a steady finals series, make-shifting as a defender. I think he beat his opponents in the finals series, and held up. But Aish is a lot more talented than what he is providing, and hindsight says we probably should have dropped him for Reid for the GF.

Realistically, he needs to break into the midfield

Remove this Banner Ad

Back