Free Agency Jarrod Brander - signs with GWS as a DFA

Remove this Banner Ad

Really want to have him playing forward but you can't justify playing him there over Kennedy/Darling/Allen and Waterman has runs on the board. Hoping he stays long enough to have a role there eventually

Is he a key forward or a key defender or neither? Has some Balta-like attributes, but is he physical enough to be that type of player?
He is not a physical player at all . But he is bloody quick , 3rd in GF sprint , great set of hands both marking and below his knees , his kicking has been outstanding this year with long penetratating attacking plays .

Don't know why he is not in the team ATM . He had a niggle and missed a couple of weeks then Luke Edwards came in and has played his role reasonably well .

He is not a physical player at all.
That's a massive red flag for me. Seen it before at Richmond with blokes like Vickery, Griffiths and now Chol. Josh Schache at the dogs is another tall with similar issues.

How's Brander's endurance? If he's a running machine he may make it as a wingman, but you can't be a key position player at either end if you're timid at the contest imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's a massive red flag for me. Seen it before at Richmond with blokes like Vickery, Griffiths and now Chol. Josh Schache at the dogs is another tall with similar issues.

How's Brander's endurance? If he's a running machine he may make it as a wingman, but you can't be a key position player at either end if you're timid at the contest imo.
Many on the WC board rate him very highly. I don't because imo he is soft, sleeps with the lights on soft (scared).

His football ability is overrated too, he's not a very good kick or contested mark for his size.

Athletically, he's quick and has a big tank. Not a big leap, and he's too scared to get near pack mark situations anyway.

Many on the WC board rate him very highly. I don't because imo he is soft, sleeps with the lights on soft (scared).

His football ability is overrated too, he's not a very good kick or contested mark for his size.

Athletically, he's quick and has a big tank. Not a big leap, and he's too scared to get near pack mark situations anyway.
Sounds like he's a wingman or a bust.

I haven't watched much of Brander but that post does strike me as really harsh and unfair.

You post like a poorly disguised Freo supporter. :think: :cool:

Sounds like he's a wingman or a bust.
Unless we can get a bit of mongrel in him and he shows a bit more urgency when he has the ball, then he'll just continue to drift in and out of the side.

I was pretty excited that we drafted him considering his physical attributes plus the bonus that he was a WC supporter growing up.

I've seen enough of him to date to predict that he'll be a bust for us.

I hope he proves me wrong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back