Jarryd Hayne Quits the NRL, Quit the NFL, Quits Rugby Sevens, chases the money to the Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

When abouts in 2015??? They don't start cutting blokes from the roster until week 2 of preseason. That would be late July early August.
At that stage, there would be 5 rounds left. Don't think you've got the time frame right.
The start of 2016 would be what I'd be leaning to.

By June he'll know either way if CFL dare to call for him or his Eels are wanting him back.. that's how I figured it out. He'll still be training and whatnot so his fitness won't be down.

By June he'll know either way if CFL dare to call for him or his Eels are wanting him back.. that's how I figured it out. He'll still be training and whatnot so his fitness won't be down.
With the way the salary cap works in the NRL, there's next to no chance parra could afford to pay him this year. Even after getting the Manly half, there may not be enough money next year as well. If he comes back to the NRL, I wouldn't expect him to be at parra

With the way the salary cap works in the NRL, there's next to no chance parra could afford to pay him this year. Even after getting the Manly half, there may not be enough money next year as well. If he comes back to the NRL, I wouldn't expect him to be at parra

plus the NRL will try to push him to one of the clubs with image problems to help them out.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/n...-francisco-49ers/story-fni3fbgt-1227246115282

JARRYD Hayne has secured an NFL futures contract with the San Francisco 49ers.

The former representative rugby league star announced his deal at a media conference in Sydney on Tuesday, five months after he quit the NRL to chase his dream of playing American football in the NFL.

The contract is a big step forward in Hayne’s bid to crack the NFL, but is no guarantee.

The futures contract gives Hayne a spot in the 49ers’ 90-man practice squad.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/n...-francisco-49ers/story-fni3fbgt-1227246115282

JARRYD Hayne has secured an NFL futures contract with the San Francisco 49ers.

The former representative rugby league star announced his deal at a media conference in Sydney on Tuesday, five months after he quit the NRL to chase his dream of playing American football in the NFL.

The contract is a big step forward in Hayne’s bid to crack the NFL, but is no guarantee.

The futures contract gives Hayne a spot in the 49ers’ 90-man practice squad.
Good on him... Detroit zipped up and walked away from the nonsense hype. Let's see how many cuts he survives... if he gets to the last 75... it's been a wild ride.

How many cuts is it until 75?

Does 75 get him to the start of preseason, or is that 60?

75 is the start of pre season. but there's no need to cut him at all. this is because you can name an international player in your ten man practice squad without it actually taking up a spot on the Practice Squad list.

for those saying hayne will be axed early, they simply don't know how the PS system works. the only reason you'd cut Hayne was if salary cap money was tight (as PS must be included in the cap) or if they saw absolutely no potential. even if he's woeful he's not actually taking up a spot on the list, unless there's another international player with more potential. (you can only have one) there's simply no reason to cut him early.

The League may elect to allow some or all Clubs to add to their Practice Squads one additional player, who shall not count against the limit above, whose citizenship and principal place of residence are outside the United States and its Territories

49ers have Trindon Holliday on their roster currently, he is a premier return man in the league. I'm not sure what his contract situation is like, and whether he'll be there next year, but I doubt Hayne would be getting a spot above him returning.

He would need to be playing WR or HB for mine

(Log in to remove this ad.)

f68633044aeb2b353124ddaf06ee6ed1.jpg

He's hyper obsessed with his 'brand'. Will sign for a rugby union team "a new challenge" once this Olympics sevens junk is over.

He's hyper obsessed with his 'brand'. Will sign for a rugby union team "a new challenge" once this Olympics sevens junk is over.

I think it's simpler than that.
Somebody is paying him a massive amount of money to flaunt around.

My guess is Foxtel/News Corporation. They get a story, he gets paid a fortune.

We need an "emperor's new clothes" moment: someone to say "but Hayne is sh*t"

Last edited:
Yeah the medias obsession with him is pretty sickening. Gonna be lot of people hoping this latest venture goes balls up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back