FTA-TV Jason Dunstall firms to fill Paul Roos' vacant seat on Fox Footy's On the Couch

Remove this Banner Ad

He sits next to Spud, Gaze and Lynch, all of which struggle to string a coherent sentence together.

Or Healy and Sheahan, neither of whom have had an original thought in years.

He probably IS the smartest bloke around.

Agree the 'funny' stuff is very poor - but you see what he has to work with? Wish he would just play it straight, use his ability to think and ignore the other stuff.

Problem is, as evidenced by the footy show, it's the stupidity that the general populace want.
Have to say he probably konows his stuff. Was a great full forward, but comes across as an arrogant smartarse, who can't be told. Which is a pity, because he has done a lot for the Hawks.
His persona on Bounce is fine , its meant to be . But he shows little respect sometimes for others opinions and Mike Sheahan is a fantastic football journalist with decades of experience watching , studying and commenting on the mighty game of Aussie rules, I don't give a stuff whether he ever played it , but he knows more about the depths of the game and what has happened for much much longer than Jason.

I think Jason could be a hard fellow to get close too. But I don't know him.The general populace wants a bit of fun by the way.

Have to say he probably konows his stuff. Was a great full forward, but comes across as an arrogant smartarse, who can't be told. Which is a pity, because he has done a lot for the Hawks.
His persona on Bounce is fine , its meant to be . But he shows little respect sometimes for others opinions and Mike Sheahan is a fantastic football journalist with decades of experience watching , studying and commenting on the mighty game of Aussie rules, I don't give a stuff whether he ever played it , but he knows more about the depths of the game and what has happened for much much longer than Jason.

I think Jason could be a hard fellow to get close too. But I don't know him.The general populace wants a bit of fun by the way.
Jason is good value at MMM on Friday's. Works well with Garry, JB and Barrett.

On the Couch occasionally pull out some interesting or never seen before statistics, which is good. More of that and less of Sheahan would improve the show.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I too probably won't be watching with Voss on board. His articulation is terrible.
This. So many other ways they could go; a recently out of the game successful ex-coach like Worsfold, a decent journo like Connolly (one of the very few I don't mind), Bomber Thompson if he's not coaching full time next year.

Has to be someone who has a clue about football, can speak and can fit on a couch. Rules Slobbo out on all counts.
Then why is Gerard Healy part of the team?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back