Strategy Jason Horne-Francis: North trade him to Port for massive unders

Easy, it’s pronounced

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Kid is a freak. Imagine a cross between Dangerfield and Nat Fyfe.
2021 is the year to bottom out and get the number 1 pick.
I have a worry both Hawthorn and Norf are gonna such as hard as we do next year.
We have to get Horne.
s**t , so a freak that can not kick .

If its a normal season next year the Crows are not Going to finish Last, They will be Playing 9 Home games with decent Crowds,
And because they Finish bottom there Double ups are 3 x Bottom six treams , 2 x middle six and 1 by top six which will be Port.
So 3 of our double up may be between, North, Hawks, Swans, GC, Freo, only team out of them we may struggle to beat at Home is GC.
Play MCAsey and we should be right.

It would be great to get Horne but there's a hell of a lot of top end talent in next year's draft.

He might be No.1 now but with a normal season next year I won't be surprised if some are seriously challenging him given the talent that's going to be available.
It's the style of player we are screaming for.
Explosive acceleration, takes the game on, hard at the ball carrier, hard at the ball, good size.

Add to the fact we rubbish at player retention, him being a SA load holds even more weight as well.

watching the freo v Melbourne match, along with Hawthorn and Essendon recent outings, we‘re going to have our work cut out getting a top 5 pick next year.

there are some horrible teams getting around at the moment.

Yeah, its going to be like drowning a basketball in the ocean with North and Hawthorn running around next year.

We’ll definitely be drafting at the pointy end wether it’s the very point who knows but one things for sure SA kids almost always slide so I think we’ll be fine!!

I think we will be battling Melbourne for pick 1 next year
North Melbourne and Hawthorn will give things a shake IMO.

1 spoon is enough for me, I don't want another 1. Happy with a 16th place finish but that probably won't be enough

watching the freo v Melbourne match, along with Hawthorn and Essendon recent outings, we‘re going to have our work cut out getting a top 5 pick next year.

there are some horrible teams getting around at the moment.

Gee some people have short memories. Try remember back to the GC game earlier this year, and even the NM and WB games and remember how uncompetitive we were.

Yes, Hawks and Essendon may be struggling late in the year, but to say that there may be 5 teams finishing below us next year is delusional.

I'm hoping that we can at least improve on this years sh1tshow and get some more wins next year, but we aren't climbing that ladder in a hurry. Thinking that we are will just end in disappointment for you.

Gee some people have short memories. Try remember back to the GC game earlier this year, and even the NM and WB games and remember how uncompetitive we were.

Yes, Hawks and Essendon may be struggling late in the year, but to say that there may be 5 teams finishing below us next year is delusional.

I'm hoping that we can at least improve on this years sh1tshow and get some more wins next year, but we aren't climbing that ladder in a hurry. Thinking that we are will just end in disappointment for you.
I don't think it's probable, but I think there will be teams AS BAD as us next year.

No way, the only reason we are finishing botton this year is because of Covid, other wise we would have play 9 home games with 40k crowd,
Do not underestimate how much a home crowd is worth,
If the AFL play a full season and we are allow a full crowd then the is no way we finish bottom, we will win a min 5 games

You're in for a world of hurt next season. There's a reason we are dead bottom this year and it isn't because of not having a home crowd.

The only team I can see competing with us for the spoon next year is NM.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think it's probable, but I think there will be teams AS BAD as us next year.

As bad, quite likely, but that doesn't guarantee we will beat them.

To be honest this year has been hard to get any sort of form guide in a lot of cases with the mad scientist fixture. The good teams have still managed to win games, but you can't tell me some games haven't been affected by the breaks that some teams have had between games compared to others. And then there is the interstate travel on game day.

Even WCE and Rich struggled early in the year when they didn't look interested. And as bad as Hawthorn are travelling at the moment, I think last weeks game would have been closer if not for us having a 9 day break compared to Hawks playing 3 games in 10 days.

As bad, quite likely, but that doesn't guarantee we will beat them.

To be honest this year has been hard to get any sort of form guide in a lot of cases with the mad scientist fixture. The good teams have still managed to win games, but you can't tell me some games haven't been affected by the breaks that some teams have had between games compared to others. And then there is the interstate travel on game day.

Even WCE and Rich struggled early in the year when they didn't look interested. And as bad as Hawthorn are travelling at the moment, I think last weeks game would have been closer if not for us having a 9 day break compared to Hawks playing 3 games in 10 days.
Quite right, in fact it makes all the season over season comparisons quite difficult, let alone week to week!

The mental side of the game only got more difficult with the challenges of this year, and it will most likely impact many things for a number of years to come, making comparisons about performance and the like will be fraught with unintended consequences.

I just hope Adelaide will be on the lucky side when everything else is equal!

Considering the success rate of cleric operation threads, it's nice to know we won't be getting Horne next year. Curtails the disappointment
I know right. They never end up how I think they should.
In hindsight I should have set up an "Operation - Get Gibbs" thread.

It's the style of player we are screaming for.
Explosive acceleration, takes the game on, hard at the ball carrier, hard at the ball, good size.

Add to the fact we rubbish at player retention, him being a SA load holds even more weight as well.
None of which means jack s**t unless we take pick 1 to the draft because that's the reality of the draft if you're targeting a specific player.

No. I remember.

you clearly haven’t been watching these other games. There are some teams that seem intent on rivalling our shitness.

I'm sure we'll get a top 5 pick next year. I think if this year was a normal year, we'd probably be as bad as most bottom teams in previous years, 2 or 3 wins, so are we much worse? not sure.

In the last decade I believe only GWS in their start up years went back to back spoons. Most teams pop up into that 5 or 6 wins range the next year, I don't think we'll bounce like a Brisbane but wouldn't say pick 1 is guaranteed.

Last edited:
I'm sure we will finish bottom 4 comfortably and get a elite player whether that is Horne or someone else.

We definetely need more outstanding young talent coming through though. We have a few okay ones with Stengle, Hammill, Scholl, Schoenberg etc but really need that cream of the crop. Us having none of the best 22 under 22 is telling of severe mismanagement of our list over the past half decade.

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm sure a team we wont expect will trail off significantly next year. I agree, 1 spoon is enough but we are at the very start of a long rebuild with some more culling and blooding to go yet. Next year could be similar. I just hope we shake off the uncompetitive matches we have had this year and have a red hot crack every week.

North Melbourne and Hawthorn will give things a shake IMO.

1 spoon is enough for me, I don't want another 1. Happy with a 16th place finish but that probably won't be enough

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

Losing Brad Crouch would have to help.
And if a club is sniffing around one of Smith, Laird and Matt Crouch that would too. Would prefer to keep Laird and Matt Crouch. Not too fussed with Smith, he is past his best and wont be in our next finals push.

Losing Brad Crouch would have to help.
And if a club is sniffing around one of Smith, Laird and Matt Crouch that would too. Would prefer to keep Laird and Matt Crouch. Not too fussed with Smith, he is past his best and wont be in our next finals push.
Arguably been Smiths best year in a long while BUT we do have guys like Hamill, Milera and Sholl to do his job.

Back