Strategy Jason Horne-Francis: North trade him to Port for massive unders

Easy, it’s pronounced

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I know right. They never end up how I think they should.
In hindsight I should have set up an "Operation - Get Gibbs" thread.

It would have saved a lot of drama.

After all, I'm pretty certain this is a semi-common scene at Adelaide HQ:

1599530535706.png

Exactly
Let's get pick 1 and make the most out of this terrible time period.
Hawthorn mark 2.
You're dreaming if you think any club sets out a new season with getting pick 1 front of mind just to get 1 18 year old lad.

And you'd more than likely have to give the sun and the moon to get pick 1 off of another club if Jason Horne is the clear standout at next year's draft night.

No. I remember.

you clearly haven’t been watching these other games. There are some teams that seem intent on rivalling our shitness.

I have watched very little of the other games. To me AFL is so boring now with how congested it is, not to mention the poor umpiring.

I'd be extremely surprised if other teams can reach the depths of our lows.

I have watched very little of the other games. To me AFL is so boring now with how congested it is, not to mention the poor umpiring.

I'd be extremely surprised if other teams can reach the depths of our lows.
There's been a number of games in which teams have performed as bad or worse than we have, just nowhere near as often.

Just based on those videos, I'd say he is explosive, quick and a good mark. However his disposal is iffy at best.
That's the Dangerfield part of him.

If its a normal season next year the Crows are not Going to finish Last, They will be Playing 9 Home games with decent Crowds,
And because they Finish bottom there Double ups are 3 x Bottom six treams , 2 x middle six and 1 by top six which will be Port.
So 3 of our double up may be between, North, Hawks, Swans, GC, Freo, only team out of them we may struggle to beat at Home is GC.
Agree .....won't finish bottom next year .....slow climb to 14th

Again though depends on injuries to experienced players, and how many we trade out this year

Lose Brad, and trade Kelly, Seedsman, could change that ......how much more deterioration will we see in Tex, Sloane, and Talia?

Think we'll have a better idea of next year after the Trade / Delistings period .......if they're smart, they'll orchestrate a bottom of the ladder finish .......but I doubt that's the way we go

That is f..king hilarious ... we have been by far the worst team this year and that is fine , we needed to bottom out .
What Hilarious about trying to win, I thought it is what we as supporters want from the team, Next year under a full home and away season with full crowds the Crows will not finish last as the Home game advatage is far graeter when you have a one side 40k crowd supporting you, that alone will win them some close games and can change inportant moments during the game the Crows way,

Have you watched all our games this year?? We have been terrible, a full house wouldn't have changed that. Just because we have been better the last couple of weeks, that doesn't mean we still aren't the worst team this year.
Yes I have also seen our game from last year aswell, And will stick with my views that the Crows with a Home ground advantage which means a Crowd of 40K of one eyed supporters will win more than 4/5 games maybe therefor they will finish last. Especially when some of the=ose games will be against team playing just as bad,

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gee some people have short memories. Try remember back to the GC game earlier this year, and even the NM and WB games and remember how uncompetitive we were.

Yes, Hawks and Essendon may be struggling late in the year, but to say that there may be 5 teams finishing below us next year is delusional.

I'm hoping that we can at least improve on this years sh1tshow and get some more wins next year, but we aren't climbing that ladder in a hurry. Thinking that we are will just end in disappointment for you.
Bottom 4 for sure, where exactly we finish will depend on ours and others injuries, who we get as assistant coaches etc

What Hilarious about trying to win, I thought it is what we as supporters want from the team, Next year under a full home and away season with full crowds the Crows will not finish last as the Home game advatage is far graeter when you have a one side 40k crowd supporting you, that alone will win them some close games and can change inportant moments during the game the Crows way,
Where did i say anything about not trying nor wanting to win ?

I am simply stating what is obvious where our squad is at which will be bottom 3 next year and most likely another spoon .

We will start the season as favorites for finishing 18th .

Again though depends on injuries to experienced players, and how many we trade out this year

Lose Brad, and trade Kelly, Seedsman, could change that ......how much more deterioration will we see in Tex, Sloane, and Talia?

Think we'll have a better idea of next year after the Trade / Delistings period .......if they're smart, they'll orchestrate a bottom of the ladder finish .......but I doubt that's the way we go
Ok , who finishes below us next season ?

That's very optimistic.

Let's remind ourselves we're 2 games and 20% behind the next worse team and it's a massive step forward to even get to parity with 17th at the moment.

I am simply stating what is obvious where our squad is at which will be bottom 3 next year and most likely another spoon .

I'd be surprised if we finished bottom again, well sort of surprised. We will certainly be amongst the contenders but I think we've fallen as far as we will fall, and others are yet to hit the bottom.

My view we lose Brad our rate of climb will take longer, Kelly and seedman will not matter, Walker do not honestly know onfeld he repalceable with what we currently have off field don't know.
Talia only need 2 years which I think he got by then it will be Doedee backline with McAsey, Butts maybe Worrel and quite Possible Borlase as the Tall defenders,
Sloane for mine all depends on Brad and Matt if they are still around then his expreice is covered, as the Keays, Jones, McHenry, Schoenberg and hopfully Hately will cover his onfield decline.

And yes Deffinatly have a better Idea after the Trade / Delisting and will add Draft

Last edited:
That's very optimistic.

Let's remind ourselves we're 2 games and 20% behind the next worse team and it's a massive step forward to even get to parity with 17th at the moment.
The question is are we going to get worse ?? You'd certainly hope not. If we win 1 of our remaining games we finish 1 win behind 17th in what has been our most diabolical of seasons.

We have a lot of work to do still, but other clubs still have a way to fall.

Again IF you do understand IF, The AFL season is a full home and away season allowing 40K supporter in, the Crows will win 4-5 games
The AFL ficture and how they structure it means we are granteed to Play 3 of the bottom 6 and 2 of the middle 6 teams at Adelaide Oval, with a 40K one eye Crowd. Our double up against one of the top teams will be against Port.

I'd be surprised if we finished bottom again, well sort of surprised. We will certainly be amongst the contenders but I think we've fallen as far as we will fall, and others are yet to hit the bottom.
Fair enough ... we will see .

I tipped us to finish 12-15th in 2018 .... 13th-16th in 2019 and 18th in 2020 so my form line in judging where we are at is pretty strong .

I see us finishing 16-18th in 2021 but would have us as favorites to finish with another spoon .

As far as other teams that have not bottomed out , North have had huge amount of injuries to star players this year , Hawthorn are a possibility to slide again but they also have Clarko in charge . Essendon and Sydney could well slide some more but i actually think the Swans will improve next season . Both Gold Coast and Freo are on the improve .

That's very optimistic.

I'm an optimistic guy

Different year, hopefully not the implications of Covid ......was always going to be a horrid year for young teams

We're now seeing a few Coaches in pressers talking about the difficulties of no full ground team training

I have only seen Horne once live on the weekend and whilst he kicked a nice goal, he had little impact V Sturt. He may very well be a standout but then there are those around these boards that are doubting Thilthorpe has pick 1 potential becaasue he has had a couple of quieter games..kids are kids and are not going to dominate against men week in week out. I'd like to see the draft pool for next year to see what sort of competition Horne will be up against for a possible pick 1

Again IF you do understand IF, The AFL season is a full home and away season allowing 40K supporter in, the Crows will win 4-5 games
The AFL ficture and how they structure it means we are granteed to Play 3 of the bottom 6 and 2 of the middle 6 teams at Adelaide Oval, with a 40K one eye Crowd. Our double up against one of the top teams will be against Port.
We have won 1 game in our last 18 ... BTW you should edit that disgustingly written pile of of sh.IT .

Back