Strategy Jason Horne-Francis: North trade him to Port for massive unders

Easy, it’s pronounced

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

We'll have Powell then thanks.

What's the go with him not getting games? Surely he should be playing ahead of a cooked Greenwood or Anderson.

Preaching to the converted there mate. Powell will be our best pure mid imo. Reads the play as good as anyone his hands are Cunners like (and I don’t state that lightly) has time and is a beautiful kick. Don’t know what Nobel is trying to prove by not playing him tbh. Thank god he extended his contract to 2025

The other question is: can Noble survive JHF not re-signing? Or even putting off contract talks, given the current “spray” conversations.

Might have lost the players already. May not survive the year. Crisis talks at Arden St right now I suspect

Look at the offers North got for pick 1 just so clubs could draft him, now that he’s playing he’s only increasing his value every week. He’s not going back to Adelaide. He couldn’t wait to get out of there.

Not really. When he was pick 1 he had no say in his destination and made no commitment to north, Adelaide or port.

North had the bargaining power then, if he chooses to leave north for an SA club, then the dynamic flips. At least in the short term the trade price will go down not up.

The other question is: can Noble survive JHF not re-signing? Or even putting off contract talks, given the current “spray” conversations.

Might have lost the players already. May not survive the year. Crisis talks at Arden St right now I suspect
He can survive the spray but not JHF not extending. Jason leaving the club would be up there with the Carey situation. Not quite as bad I’m terms of club destroying but the second worst thing behind that. North simply can not afford to let Jason go no matter the cost

Not really. When he was pick 1 he had no say in his destination and made no commitment to north, Adelaide or port.

North had the bargaining power then, if he chooses to leave north for an SA club, then the dynamic flips. At least in the short term the trade price will go down not up.

As I just posted NMFC cannot afford to let him leave. The cost to the club trying to poach him would have to be the biggest hand over of draft capital and players in the history of the AFL, otherwise don’t bother.

He was a batshit crazy appointment in the first place. Real galaxy brain overthinking stuff

He’d have to be a real chance at a mid-year sacking

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From the Roos board

Right o, I’ve been sitting on this for a couple of weeks. And sorry to be the bearer of bad news. I was hoping we would show him a reason to stay but….

He wants to come back to SA, as soon as possible. I’d be very surprised if he signs on.

Edit: this begs the question if true, what would we give up to try and get him if we were a chance of landing him?
He said on AA the other night that he was missing home.
Didn’t sound like he was great at cooking nor was his house mate, the club was getting them lessons.
Seems pretty poor from a club point of view.
There’s no downside to putting off negotiations unless he gets injured, clubs will raise his $ value for north.

Seem like an unfinished thought
Not really, Port Power's list will be in a sh*ter position than ours. I'm very bullish on the youngster coming through at the SANFL leve and we show we can play very good footy at the AFL level although we are still very inconsistent which is expected of a young side.

Back