News JDG in trouble for “inappropriate touching”.

Should JDG be punished? IQ has no issue.

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

So what do you think his penalty should be?A suspension,fine,community service?
I’ve no idea. If the AFL investigate and find that it’s inappropriate, I guess he could be fined or suspended.
I feel sorry for IQ, I’m sure he’d prefer not to be experiencing this kind of incident.

You can't call it inappropriate and nor can Kappa.
IQ is the one to make that call.
Maybe the two of them are very good friends and do this stuff to each other quite often in the change rooms as a joke.
None of us know.
And Kappa, for god sake can we stop making everything in the world a race issue.

Was it dumb to not realize that their are cameras everywhere and it would be picked up and then the snowflakes and the media would go with it. Yes it was dumb. But we are not entitled to say if it was inappropriate or not.

If a team mate of mine pinched me on the arse while the coach was addressing us I wouldn't get offended and would probably have a wry smile on my face. Which is maybe exactly how IQ responded.
I’ve described what I saw, not how IQ feels about it. Squeezing another man’s arse in a workplace is inappropriate.

Did you ever play footy JMac. Was part of any footy club I played with and reckon it is even more commonplace now
Yes I did, and my preference was for blokes to not touch my arse.

Yes I did, and my preference was for blokes to not touch my arse.
Not the question. I wasn’t a fan myself but some were. It’s between the two blokes involved to say if they felt there was a problem

mhmm, you must’ve forgotten countless black people who literally said “I didn’t speak up because I was young and trying to fit in”...

also we recently had the Mabior Chol shitstorm where Richmond players tried to grope him because he was black, now we have a Collingwood player, on Indecent Assault charges, after the “Do Better” report, sticking his finger into a young black teammates ass...

If you can’t see any problem with that then I dunno what else to say
perhaps, but wasn’t it constantly mentioned by players while he was at the club because he was black? pretty sure Majak Daw and Joel Wilkinson shared similar stories, and then obviously Chol and Richmond is the same.
yeah, that’s exactly what people like you said when I predicted us to be bottom 4 this year... wonder who was right?

you do understand this bloke is on criminal charges for touching someone inappropriately in public, right? You do ******* get that?
If you think that completely disregards the racism he faced then you have a deeply concerning attitude.
oh sorry, so you saw Quaynor consent to a finger up his bum on national tv? I must’ve missed that, sorry.
Use the search function with my name and prove it?

where did I predict that in 18 19 2020? Ah, I didn’t... but who cares about truth when you can follow the sheep...
even if IQ wasn’t okay with it he is under massive pressure to say he’s okay with it so De Goey and the club don’t get absolutely smashed, and thus ostracise him from the club.

can you really not see how that is a problem? He HAS to be okay with it if he doesn’t want to cause a massive shitstorm... great spot to force a young black kid trying to fit in into :rolleyes:.

And that’s not even getting into how it’s completely inappropriate in a workplace and on national tv... Quaynors parents and younger brothers/sisters just saw someone stick their finger in his ass, is that okay?
I know that it’s always easier to sweep issues, particularly when people of colour are involved, under the rug. Collingwood has been quite good at doing that for many decades now.
well I watched the video and it looked like he stuck a finger up there, if he was pinching his cheek that’s not as bad. Still pretty ******* bad for it to happen to the only black kid by a bloke on sexual assault charges however.
that’s what I saw on first viewing the video, if he did something else then it’s not as bad.

If he did do it though, would u still disagree that it’s a moronic thing to do?
im not declaring it a racist act for certain, but for a club labelled racist in the public’s eye, for a player to come out and do something inappropriate to our only black player is a pretty horrible look and idiotic action, do u disagree?

Its made even worse when it’s an experienced player doing it to a young kid who wants to fit into the group, and that experienced player is about to front a court on criminal charges for indecently assaulting someone... is this making any sense to you yet?

You sure found something else in a hurry.

I’ve described what I saw, not how IQ feels about it. Squeezing another man’s arse in a workplace is inappropriate.
Not in a footy club, not giving a massage, not during a medical exam or giving an injection. There are many situations where what you judge to be inappropriate action in a workplace isn’t innapropriate.

Not the question. I wasn’t a fan myself but some were. It’s between the two blokes involved to say if they felt there was a problem
They can do what they like in private. When you touch another man on camera, the AFL has the right to investigate.

Squeezing another man’s arse in a workplace is inappropriate.
Once again. You don't get to decide that.
Context is everything.
IQ and JDG may muck around like this all the time. You don't have some god given right to just decide that your view is correct and everyone must bow to it.
IQ is the one to say if it is inappropriate or not.
You're a racist.
You think black people need white people to stand up for them.
I'm sure if he thinks it is inappropriate he can speak for himself. He doesn't need a white man telling him how he should feel.

Not in a footy club, not giving a massage, not during a medical exam or giving an injection. There are many situations where what you judge to be inappropriate action in a workplace isn’t innapropriate.
What on earth are you talking about? Watch the footage carefully, and if you still think it’s appropriate, we have nothing further to discuss.

Once again. You don't get to decide that.
Context is everything.
IQ and JDG may muck around like this all the time. You don't have some god given right to just decide that your view is correct and everyone must bow to it.
IQ is the one to say if it is inappropriate or not.
You're a racist.
You think black people need white people to stand up for them.
I'm sure if he thinks it is inappropriate he can speak for himself. He doesn't need a white man telling him how he should feel.
What?
I’m giving my opinion Otto. If you have no issues with it then good on ya.

What?
I’m giving my opinion Otto. If you have no issues with it then good on ya.
You're opinion is that it is inappropriate, full stop.
You're not even considering any variables.
You have spoken and no other opinion will be considered.

I am saying it may be inappropriate and it may not be. That is for IQ to decide.

It was dumb because there were cameras around and the guy should be paying attention to the coach instead of piss farting around but you can not decide on IQ's behalf whether it was inappropriate or not. He may have thought it was funny as hell for all we know.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They can do what they like in private. When you touch another man on camera, the AFL has the right to investigate.
So today I saw Will Haywood run up behind Buddy and jump onto his back and give him a big hug after Buddy kicked a goal. Buddy didn’t see him coming and to my mind had no chance to consent to this male touching as caught on camera. Should the AFL investigate?

You're opinion is that it is inappropriate, full stop.
You're not even considering any variables.
You have spoken and no other opinion will be considered.

I am saying it may be inappropriate and it may not be. That is for IQ to decide.

It was dumb because there were cameras around and the guy should be paying attention to the coach instead of piss farting around but you can not decide on IQ's behalf whether it was inappropriate or not. He may have thought it was funny as hell for all we know.
I said it was inappropriate for JDG to touch his arse like that. I haven’t given any opinion on how IQ feels about it, other than to say I feel sorry for him. I’m sure he’d rather not have his name associated with an investigation of this nature.

You’re welcome to your opinion, as are all posters. Stop trying to make this personal.

What on earth are you talking about? Watch the footage carefully, and if you still think it’s appropriate, we have nothing further to discuss.
I have no opinion on whether it’s appropriate or not and I have no way to determine that. If IQ has an issue I believe he will have the strength to take the issue up. He certainly doesn’t need you or me deciding this for him

So today I saw Will Haywood run up behind Buddy and jump onto his back and give him a big hug after Buddy kicked a goal. Buddy didn’t see him coming and to my mind had no chance to consent to this male touching as caught on camera. Should the AFL investigate?
Now you are embarrassing yourself. Like I said, watch the footage carefully. Would you like your arse touched like that?

I have no opinion on whether it’s appropriate or not and I have no way to determine that. If IQ has an issue I believe he will have the strength to take the issue up. He certainly doesn’t need you or me deciding this for him
Do you think it should be investigated?

Now you are embarrassing yourself. Like I said, watch the footage carefully. Would you like your arse touched like that?
No I’m not I am just using a more extreme
example to highlight the silliness of this. What I like or don’t like is irrelevant.

You have very little information about the details of what went on but you feel able
to make a major judgement against De Goey. Jury judge and executioner.

Use the search function with my name and prove it?

where did I predict that in 18 19 2020? Ah, I didn’t... but who cares about truth when you can follow the sheep...

Conveniently...
"This member limits who may view their full profile."

No I’m not I am just using a more extreme
example to highlight the silliness of this. What I like or don’t like is irrelevant.

You have very little information about the details of what went on but you feel able
to make a major judgement against De Goey. Jury judge and executioner.
It’s on camera for all to see!!!

Once again you are projecting your beliefs onto others.
Personally (I know the question wasn't asked to me) I would probably have a bit of a laugh if a team mate did that to me when the coach was addressing us. And maybe these two muck around like this all the time.
You wouldn't like it and therefore if a team mate did it to you it would indeed be inappropriate. But because you would find it inappropriate doesn't mean that ipso facto it is inappropriate no matter who does it.

Pinching your wife on the bum is very different to pinching a stranger on the bus on the bum.
It's all about context.
I know JDG may not be the sharpest tool in the shed but I have a sneaky suspicion that he would not have done that to IQ if he thought IQ would find it inappropriate. I bet they actually had a bit of a laugh about it shortly after.

Once again you are projecting your beliefs onto others.
Personally (I know the question wasn't asked to me) I would probably have a bit of a laugh if a team mate did that to me when the coach was addressing us. And maybe these two muck around like this all the time.
You wouldn't like it and therefore if a team mate did it to you it would indeed be inappropriate. But because you would find it inappropriate doesn't mean that ipso facto it is inappropriate no matter who does it.

Pinching your wife on the bum is very different to pinching a stranger on the bus on the bum.
It's all about context.
I know JDG may not be the sharpest tool in the shed but I have a sneaky suspicion that he would not have done that to IQ if he thought IQ would find it inappropriate. I bet they actually had a bit of a laugh about it shortly after.
Nothing to do with beliefs at all.

Back