List Mgmt. Jeremy Cameron traded to Geelong

What will happen with Cameron?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

As far as Cameron's concerned, that's irrelevant. If he's so valuable to them, why not juggle cap space to give them 900K up-front if that's what they think he's worth. After all, if reports are true, wasn't he the player who lost the most money this season with his current back-ended contract?
They can do whatever they want. They've got the space, they were given the opportunity to match so they did.
They are the rules. Stupid but true.
Imagine if we didn't match in a situation like this.
We would (rightfully) go off our noggins.

thats only cos our doctors are sh**. Brisbane gets injured players playing. Watch cocky and daniher dominate there.

Cockatoo has been healthy enough to play this year. He hasn't earned a call up because he hasn't pushed anyone out. Probably because he's been dragging his heels, trying to avoid injury while he hangs out to go to Brisbane

Just as McCarthy was

west coke fans coming out of the woodwork to post in here

1YSB.gif

If your club is paying B+ players $700k, I can see why you're in such dire straits.
How much do you think B+ players earn then? You do know the average salary is around $400K, market value will have elite players on the big bucks of $900K+, A grader around $800K so B+ grader will be $700K (possibly around $650K). Very common football knowledge don't you think.

I'm glad West Coast supporters have gotten over blowing the biggest home ground advantage going in 2020 (to Lollingwood!) in order to bare their sore anooses to us over the Tim Kelly trade - it's very nice.

So they've matched. Now what?
Technically they haven't matched - AFL House is closed over the weekend

They've said they will match, so now we wait until Monday to see if they lodge the paperwork to match and go from there

Technically they haven't matched - AFL House is closed over the weekend

They've said they will match, so now we wait until Monday to see if they lodge the paperwork to match and go from there
Fingers crossed the classic AFL fax machine starts playing up again and they can't lodge the paperwork to match before deadline time. Can't rule it out in 2020.

Refused to trade him because you offered a crap deal simple as that, if you had offered his worth then you might have got him earlier.
Can't remember the exact offer but we opted to not trade Brander, who Geelong were very interested in and the end deal was an extra first I think over the 2018 offer.

Couldn't offer what we didn't have although it was reported that we stumped up for the initial demands but Wells increased what he wanted, as was his right.

Doesn't matter now because the trade got done last year and Wells got what he wanted.

I think we paid more than we should have but when a player of his calibre is out of contract and nominates your club you do what's required because at the end, those draft picks are speculative and don't guarantee a gun whereas Kelly has proven form.

If those picks end up helping you land Cameron then the trade is a win for you as you'll get 4 years minimum of possibly the best KPF in the league at his prime.

People keep saying it be we have. Delidio publically nominated geelong. Richmond wanted too much in a trade so Geelong had to pull out and delidio went to gws instead.

My post was in response to the specific suggestion that Geelong would walk a player to the draft to avoid having to make a trade. I said that I couldn't see that happening, and absolutely stand by that observation in relation to the current impasse with Cameron.

But there's 8 other clubs in Victoria, GWS should look to get the best compensation and trade Cameron to a team with higher draft picks and aren't contending, such as Essendon. It's unbelievable that Cameron has nominated Geelong when there are 8 other clubs in Victoria, he shouldn't have a say where he goes. GWS should choose where he gets traded, if he wants Geelong, Geelong should through 4 draft picks at GWS, this is outrageous.

Only one club in Geelong where his parents have moved to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

If your club is paying B+ players $700k, I can see why you're in such dire straits.

Glad that the GFC isn't run by Adelaide fans

And if that's what Adelaide/opposition fans think it's a suitable salary for a B grade player, it's no wonder they're all so confused about how Geelong can afford to look at FA & trade options each year

Our list managers clearly have a better idea of how to best structure players salaries so that B grade players aren't overpaid, and that when a player indicates they're open to a move to the Cattery, how we can make it work

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm still holding out for some kind of savvy manipulation where GWS doesn't match....but we do another deal with them in trade week, that is weighted to their advantage. That way we keep our 3x first-rounders, and they get the first round compo (which is better than any pick we have + a good trade)

Eg:

GWS trade say pick 39ish + next years (2021) 2nd rounder to Geelong for Ratugalea/Fogarty/whoever isn't a gun & our (2021) 1st rounder.

then we trade 39 to North for Higgins.

Whatever it is.... It's better if we can work out a deal that isn't overly sus, so they don't match and both parties can come out happy.

?

Wells refused to trade him, as was his right.

Cause you cokers offered up jack shit. Hoping wells would accept a significant under payment for kelly.

Yeah because playing at the same level every week is just a matter of wanting to.

If you don’t think desire plays a part in some players ability, then you have no clue. Just look at the way selwood goes at it.

thats only cos our doctors are sh**. Brisbane gets injured players playing. Watch cocky and daniher dominate there.

You mean like how we got Linc playing and fully fit for months before he left? Or how cocky played most of the year without injury? Yeah brisbane’s doctors are going to do wonders getting fit and healthy players out on the park. It’s like magic. They don’t do anything, and the players are magically fit and ready to play. Brilliant.

How much do you think B+ players earn then? You do know the average salary is around $400K, market value will have elite players on the big bucks of $900K+, A grader around $800K so B+ grader will be $700K (possibly around $650K). Very common football knowledge don't you think.

If you think b graders make 700k then your football knowledge could fit on a postage stamp. Very, very good players get 700. Not many players make more than that. Only the best 1 or 2 at most clubs.

Cause you cokers offered up jack sh*t. Hoping wells would accept a significant under payment for kelly.

If you don’t think desire plays a part in some players ability, then you have no clue. Just look at the way selwood goes at it.

You mean like how we got Linc playing and fully fit for months before he left? Or how cocky played most of the year without injury? Yeah brisbane’s doctors are going to do wonders getting fit and healthy players out on the park. It’s like magic. They don’t do anything, and the players are magically fit and ready to play. Brilliant.

If you think b graders make 700k then your football knowledge could fit on a postage stamp. Very, very good players get 700. Not many players make more than that. Only the best 1 or 2 at most clubs.

And who are you to determine how hard someone is trying? Kelly was either best or second best on the field in a quarter of his games this year.

I'm glad West Coast supporters have gotten over blowing the biggest home ground advantage going in 2020 (to Lollingwood!) in order to bare their sore anooses to us over the Tim Kelly trade - it's very nice.

Whats driving them mad is they thought he would deliver them a flag... And he didnt. They are more likely to decline than we are and also traded the farm for kelly.

Cause you cokers offered up jack sh*t. Hoping wells would accept a significant under payment for kelly.

I said solid B+ and players on $700K isn't that uncommon.
1604138559891.png

IF the plastics decide to match will be a defining moment for them as a club. Foundation loyal player who doesn’t want to play for them for a top 10 pick.
Nobody supports them, they’ve embarrassed themselves in the one big game they’ve had, and nobody cares about them. If they decide to block this move, no one will be willing to deal with them at the trade table for the rest of their pathetic existence - which I reckon will be lucky to see another 5 years. One of the positives of COVID.

I said solid B+ and players on $700K isn't that uncommon.
View attachment 999842
Looking at that chart, I'd say those in the B/B+ rating would be earning between the $400k -> $600k range

They wouldn't be earning $700k, that's what the A graders are earning

True but as I said I do not believe there is any chance in hell the bombers don’t take him.

Time will tell, you guys normally get things done somehow
Interested by the notion that Essendon would take him.

It would effectively mean that they are keeping 13% of their powder dry on the cap.
That means that they would be 8% shy of the 95% minimum going into the season at the final point at which you need to finalise TPP.

This isn't to say that they wouldn't or shouldn't do it. More to point out that it's a dangerous game to be playing for a player that doesn't want to be there to begin with.

FWIW which is little - I would still be very surprised if they matched.

For both clubs it's nose spite face stuff. GWS risking nothing instead of pick 11-12. Geelong risking losing Cameron.

There's a clear path forward that doesn't involve either club forgoing assets unnecessarily.

Don't match. Work out side trades that usually wouldn't be struck, but are of commensurate value. It's a win win. GWS get a pick that is higher than anything Geelong has and will hold value better before the academy picks, and Geelong doesn't have to decimate it's draft hand.

Back