Recommitted Jesse hogan puts contracts talks on hold... [re-signed until end of 2019]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I could imagine fremantles offer right now. Pavliches bung knee and a packet of pringles.

Nah I reckon he'll stay tbh.

Cam McCarthy will have more worries now. He's no chance of getting to freo if Hogan wants to go there.
GWS will let McCarthy leave at the end of the season, surely. Or else McCarthy will just come in 2017. I think McCarthy would still be able to make $400,000 a year or something as well as get his wish to live and play in Perth.

GWS will let McCarthy leave at the end of the season, surely. Or else McCarthy will just come in 2017. I think McCarthy would still be able to make $400,000 a year or something as well as get his wish to live and play in Perth.

Why would they let him leave? He's contracted.

Why would they let him leave? He's contracted.
Errrrrr because it's quite obvious he is never playing for GWS again.

They'll accept a third rounder or something or else spend another wasted year with a player taking up cap and list space who'll just leave in 2017.

They'll accept a third rounder or something or else spend another wasted year with a player taking up cap and list space who'll just leave in 2017.

Or perhaps gws will say damn u ponytail. Hopefully he isn't getting a cent atm.

lol, just lol really

Slightly unnerved but the PR explanation makes sense to me. However, same answer in 12 months and he's almost definitely gone.

No excuses Melbourne -- improve and do it fast.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He'll re-sign.

We're not ready for him yet. Give it another two years and Kennedy might be ready to hang up the boots and Hogan can come home.
Funnily enough, I wonder if that's why he's waiting for the new CBA. AFLPA have it on record that they want FA to be at 6 years. 2017 Hogan will have been at MFC for 4. New CBA hits, he signs a 2-year extension then hits FA at the peak of his powers.

Wouldn't be have to go into the 2017 draft if a trade couldn't be organised?

Funnily enough, I wonder if that's why he's waiting for the new CBA. AFLPA have it on record that they want FA to be at 6 years. 2017 Hogan will have been at MFC for 4. New CBA hits, he signs a 2-year extension then hits FA at the peak of his powers.

Who knows. I think if he had his heart set on returning to WA he'd just go at the end of the year. He might not get top 5 draft picks (assuming WC and Freo are on track for good years) but he'd still fetch a good trade one way or another.

I don't know what the new CBA will bring, but if I was in his position I'd probably hold off too even if I had no intention of going anywhere.

As a Dees supporter there's been some awful moments over the past 10 years. Hogan leaving would be up there as the worst.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back