Player Watch JHF - Jason Horne-Francis

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t get why people are trolling north so hard over all this. The JHF thing was a debacle, and BOTH sides have some accountability.

We got Wardlaw coming back the other way who a couple weeks ago the media were suggesting is the Joel Selwood of the future. If Wardlaw was looking like a bust then yeah run your mouth but nothing has suggested that so while I’m sure any north supporter would say they wished it didn’t go down like it did, I’m not losing sleep over it.

The Harley chatter is pathetic and hard to cop. People are genuinely sitting here, saying that we should have tanked…. In the same sentence as saying how “toxic” our environment was for JHF. How he had to leave because it was such a bad place to be. You can’t seriously look in the mirror and say both things with a straight face. Tanking has never, and will never work. Teams have tried it in the AFL, NBA and NFL and it NEVER works because it is just flat out the wrong thing to do.

IF we had passed on Harley, damn right I’d be filthy. But we didn’t, mind you West Coast were also clearly the worst team that year with a percentage of 53%, whereas North had one of 71% with a number of close losses.

Also, as an aside, who was the port fan above talking about how much of a minnow club we are with small drawing crowds? Brother, you used to wheel out tarps for home games to cover the empty seats. You should be well versed in what happens when the team is playing poorly…. Newsflash, the crowds are low.

JHFs 50th game this week v North. Time to put away the pathetic sour grapes and celebrate a great young player.

The ONLY one to walk through the doors at that God-awful club in the last 5-10 years and show some fight.

I think North were stuck in the dark ages with player welfare particularly when Noble was running the show. You can't treat people like shit anymore. Sprays don't work, reward and punishment don't work. Port have been able to get the best out of JHF through nurturing as opposed to hard nosed discipline. That's why I ****ing love Ginnivan and how Hawthorn have changed their attitude and embraced the kid. Also Daniher because he brings excitement to the game. I can't stand sanitized teams.

JHFs 50th game this week v North. Time to put away the pathetic sour grapes and celebrate a great young player.

The ONLY one to walk through the doors at that God-awful club in the last 5-10 years and show some fight.

I’m glad he listened to SOS when he told him how shit North was/is.

We will now get to see him reach his massive potential at a professional AFL outfit rather than waste his immense talent at a rabble.

Ken's milestone more impressive tbh.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

I don’t get why people are trolling north so hard over all this. The JHF thing was a debacle, and BOTH sides have some accountability.

We got Wardlaw coming back the other way who a couple weeks ago the media were suggesting is the Joel Selwood of the future. If Wardlaw was looking like a bust then yeah run your mouth but nothing has suggested that so while I’m sure any north supporter would say they wished it didn’t go down like it did, I’m not losing sleep over it.

The Harley chatter is pathetic and hard to cop. People are genuinely sitting here, saying that we should have tanked…. In the same sentence as saying how “toxic” our environment was for JHF. How he had to leave because it was such a bad place to be. You can’t seriously look in the mirror and say both things with a straight face. Tanking has never, and will never work. Teams have tried it in the AFL, NBA and NFL and it NEVER works because it is just flat out the wrong thing to do.

IF we had passed on Harley, damn right I’d be filthy. But we didn’t, mind you West Coast were also clearly the worst team that year with a percentage of 53%, whereas North had one of 71% with a number of close losses.

Also, as an aside, who was the port fan above talking about how much of a minnow club we are with small drawing crowds? Brother, you used to wheel out tarps for home games to cover the empty seats. You should be well versed in what happens when the team is playing poorly…. Newsflash, the crowds are low.

People are trolling north hard because of how stupid your fans reacted when JHF left. They wanted him to be a bust so bad, and now they're stuck with egg on their faces.

People are trolling north hard because of how stupid your fans reacted when JHF left. They wanted him to be a bust so bad, and now they're stuck with egg on their faces.
I mean...

I think most of us thought he was a talented player who would be very good, but also had the type of personality that is cancerous in a struggling club.

I don't think North have done that badly out of the trade, Wardlaw second year stats vs JHF (in a better team) very similar.
https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy...&pid1=7052&pid2=6936&fid1=S&fid2=P&fopt2=2023

If Goad amounts to something, North may yet come out ahead.

JHF will still be a draft tampering campaigner.

I mean...

I think most of us thought he was a talented player who would be very good, but also had the type of personality that is cancerous in a struggling club.

I don't think North have done that badly out of the trade, Wardlaw second year stats vs JHF (in a better team) very similar.
https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy...&pid1=7052&pid2=6936&fid1=S&fid2=P&fopt2=2023

How'd he draft tamper when he went to the club that drafted him?

I mean...

Being an actual competitor who wants to win is pretty cancerous when your club is full of losers I suppose.

Being an actual competitor who wants to win is pretty cancerous when your club is full of losers I suppose.
Had a chance to be like Travis Boak and ride out the tough times instead of running home. I assure you, that era of port players was full of losers. I wonder how you would’ve reacted to that

I mean...

Cancerous? Give me a ****ing break.

If an 18 year old who at worst had some professionalism issues is a cancer, while two of your most senior players in Hall and Ziebell were running around legitimately stat padding then your club should honestly just fold.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had a chance to be like Travis Boak and ride out the tough times instead of running home. I assure you, that era of port players was full of losers. I wonder how you would’ve reacted to that

Maybe because Boak could see the promise of the group - we only had 2 crap years. Meanwhile north have won 3 games in the season and a half since JHF left.

Maybe because Boak could see the promise of the group - we only had 2 crap years. Meanwhile north have won 3 games in the season and a half since JHF left.
What? JHF stuck around for 1 year and ultimately sets the rebuild back another season because the kids we get from the trade are from the following draft. You do realise if Boak left you would’ve been crap for longer than the 2years right?

Not sure what the promise he saw at PA was outside of Gray and Wingard in 2012. You then add Ollie Wines the year after - kind of like how we added Sheezel the year he leaves and then Colby and Duursma the year after.

Just call it what it is, he didn’t want to stick out the tough times and wanted to win immediately. Good luck to him - there are plenty of young kids who stick it out and get rewarded in the end. We’ll see in 10years.

Agree with this. I'm still a bit fuzzy on what North offered Eagles for Pick 1 though. Any idea?

The rumours were picks 3, 17, 18 and 19 IIRC.
Thanks. Needed something better than late teens with pick 3.

Everyone who watched any of his Carnival games in 2022 as a 16 year old knew he was going to be extraordinary. He's the best player I've seen play the Carnival since I've been draft watching by quite some margin.

Last edited:
Didn't the other guy have a good game today too?

Maybe.....the AFL website like a lot of big sites that get a lot of traffic have ads through out it and because of that...they'll only show content that people wanna watch or and click on.

It's something I've noticed this year. Harley's everywhere, people love Harley......particularly on that site and yet I rarely see the other guy :think: Even when he plays well.

I wonder why that is???
Just a spoiler alert - DONT look at the headline story on the AFL website today.

Just a spoiler alert - DONT look at the headline story on the AFL website today.

You just know Dan is furiously hate wanking over it as we speak.

You just know Dan is furiously hate wanking over it as we speak.
Millie Bobby Brown Reaction GIF by Converse

Oh look…it’s another rinse & repeat puff piece article over the last couple years at the start of the season or just before the North game.

Like stains on a mattress….it doesn’t matter how many of these q&a write ups you see….it won’t change how the vast majority fans view him.

Oh look…it’s another rinse & repeat puff piece article over the last couple years at the start of the season or just before the North game.

Like stains on a mattress….it doesn’t matter how many of these q&a write ups you see….it won’t change how the vast majority fans view him.
U Mad Bro Drinking GIF by Travis

Remove this Banner Ad

Back