JLT 2017 - Wk 3 - Carlton v St Kilda, Princes Park, 2.05pm, Foxfooty

Remove this Banner Ad

We could have had chosen Caleb Daniel instead...

Our recruiters haven't done much wrong since 2011, this would be their biggest miss

Daniel isn't limited by his size somehow, Lonie on the other hand plays like a 5 footer

It's a shame, because he has a lot of good qualities, but atm they're outweighed by his deficiencies
I actually don't see why Lonie couldn't do well if played in the same role that Daniel does.

He can kill it when played in the midfield in the VFL and he has good endurance and footy smarts and so-on, so if he doesn't make it up forward (and there's a ridiculous amount of competition for that small forward role at the moment), then maybe he'd be better off played in a mostly wing/sometimes mid role.

I think he's too talented to not make it in any way at the level. It may just be that forwardline just isn't his go at AFL level.

Sensative much?
Essendon have been dealt with and its now the past,and it's not like Carlton have never been caught for cheating.

Why is it that the most sensative amongst us are also the ones with the shortest memories?
Did you forget essendon did the same as us during that time period as did several other clubs, essendon is the only club who has attempted to continue the cheating by other means.

You can't say everything is in the past and then bring up something from 15 years ago, walking contradiction.

Saints have dominated this game yet Lonie still battles to get involved. Not sure why Richo perseveres with him. He's a very limited footballer. I'd say the same about Nick Graham for Carlton.

He looked good enough in his first year as a small forward. His problem is that for all the pressure he puts on he cant stick a tackle or keep his feet to save his life.

Long and Wright have flown past him on exposed form.

Worrying times for the Carlton Giants. The messiah SOS has recruited nothing but foot soliders.. Excusing Marchbank and maybe Plowman to a lesser degree, the rest seem nothing but giant list cloggers. Smedts, Wright, Lamb, Palmer, Pickett, Thomas, Sumner.. The list goes on.
There is going to be a huge reliance on Cripps and Weitering this year which will hurt themif one of them goes down.

Worrying times for the Carlton Giants. The messiah SOS has recruited nothing but foot soliders.. Excusing Marchbank and maybe Plowman to a lesser degree, the rest seem nothing but giant list cloggers. Smedts, Wright, Lamb, Palmer, Pickett, Thomas, Sumner.. The list goes on.
There is going to be a huge reliance on Cripps and Weitering this year which will hurt themif one of them goes down.
There certainly does still seem to be a heap of "dead wood" to clear yet. Got some very very promising young talent to build around though, so that's a start.

Weitering is one of the players SOS recruited so that's a bit contradictory

The list certainly does go on.
Simple SOS is simply clueless. Carlton still need to delisted 10-12 players from that horrid list and a few of them are the bargains he has brought in.
Few tough seasons ahead for the bluebaggers unfortunately.

The list certainly does go on.
Simple SOS is simply clueless. Carlton still need to delisted 10-12 players from that horrid list and a few of them are the bargains he has brought in.
Few tough seasons ahead for the bluebaggers unfortunately.
Everyone was quick to shoot down Mick for getting Liam Jones but SOS takes the cake with recruiting spuds like Palmer, Smedts, Sumner etc..
Alex Silvagni is another.. hmm i wonder how that one came about.. :drunk:

Mate anyone could have recruited Weitering at pick 1.. He was the CLEAR standout.

SOS is a dud recruiter.
Only the Carlton fans could use Weitering as an example for simple SOS not being a dud recruiter.

If the fish aren't in the barrel,Simples not catching them unfortunately.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everyone was quick to shoot down Mick for getting Liam Jones but SOS takes the cake with recruiting spuds like Palmer, Smedts, Sumner etc..
Alex Silvagni is another.. hmm i wonder how that one came about.. :drunk:
Kerridge is still my favourite. Funny thing is Simple already had a shot at these guys but his ego just won't let them go.

Agree the Fremantle Silvagni recruitment is dodgy. Carlton won't be going anywhere until Simple SOS is eventually shown the door.

I actually don't see why Lonie couldn't do well if played in the same role that Daniel does.

He can kill it when played in the midfield in the VFL and he has good endurance and footy smarts and so-on, so if he doesn't make it up forward (and there's a ridiculous amount of competition for that small forward role at the moment), then maybe he'd be better off played in a mostly wing/sometimes mid role.

I think he's too talented to not make it in any way at the level. It may just be that forwardline just isn't his go at AFL level.

Have to agree to disagree on this one

Daniel, remarkably, is quite a straight line player, Lonie too often prefers to go around players

Also, Daniel often disposes of the ball within a second of receiving it

Lonie too often takes too long to release the ball or tries to evade a man before disposing of it

But could be because of their positions on the ground

This is what my eyes tell me, happy to stand corrected

Rhys Palmer looking like an inspired piece of recruiting.

Re Carlton

1: Liam Jones is still on their list

2: They decided to add rhyse palmer

Enough said.

It could be genius

Liam Jones runs to the wrong spots, Rhys Palmer's footskills indicate he is a chance to kick it there.

Saints have dominated this game yet Lonie still battles to get involved. Not sure why Richo perseveres with him. He's a very limited footballer. .

Well these games are basically practice games and so most on our list will geta shot over the three games. That what these games are for,

However players at the Saints that will be in front of Lonie at present to play the small forward role would include Gresham, Wright, Sinclair as well as Minchington. With a deeper midfield this year as well I am not expecting to see much of Lonie in the seniors this year.

Wright does not win a lot of the ball, but his pace is lightning quick and when he game into the team last year he really played in a losing team.
Gresham will be groomed as a mid, but I expect that he will rest forward in the small forward role.

Too early to point fingers at SOS it will be his team from 2019 onwards though.

B:xxxxx Marchbank Plowman
HB: xxxxx Weitering xxxxxxxx
C: SPS xxxxxxx Kerridge
HF: Curnow Kerr Silvagni
F: Pickett McKay xxxxxxxx
R: Phillips xxxxxx Fisher
IN: Williamson,Polson, McReadie, Sumner

I have included Sumner and Kerridge because they are still young.

So far this is SOS's team and it is very young one more big intake of youngsters to go

Young stars
Docherty, Cripps, Weitering

Potential stars: Charlie Curnow, SPS, Fisher

Remove this Banner Ad

Back