Game Day JLT1 - Richmond v Melbourne - Sunday March 3rd, 4.40pm AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

It's not skill we are getting beating at necessarily it's just a lack of running. Hardly pressured them at all.

Considering how many fringe blokes are in you would think a few more would be desperate to impress but the crap players have been well.. crap
I think that's what you have to take away. We are missing half our best 22. So half these guys are playing for a chance to be first in line for a call up. Not many have done much to impress unfortunately. Petty hasn't done much but looks a player to me though. Solid first half where we did really well to be in front. Tigers have a stronger team in no doubt and got on top like they should have. I expected a comfortable loss, so not overly disappointed. But expected a little more from TMac, ANB and Preuss, and a little disappointed in the lack of pressure at times from a bunch of blokes who you'd think would be desperate for a game. First hit out though. Haven't seen any huge changes in gamestyle either. Was expecting to see a couple more innovative things from.Goody

I think that's what you have to take away. We are missing half our best 22. So half these guys are playing for a chance to be first in line for a call up. Not many have done much to impress unfortunately. Petty hasn't done much but looks a player to me though. Solid first half where we did really well to be in front. Tigers have a stronger team in no doubt and got on top like they should have. I expected a comfortable loss, so not overly disappointed. But expected a little more from TMac, ANB and Preuss, and a little disappointed in the lack of pressure at times from a bunch of blokes who you'd think would be desperate for a game. First hit out though. Haven't seen any huge changes in gamestyle either. Was expecting to see a couple more innovative things from.Goody
They're doing pretty well against a reasonably strong Richmond side, to be fair. Few guys like Sparrow look off the pace early doors, but Petty has marked well and Keilty is doing good things too.

You just look for individual things in these games
Petty has taken a couple of nice marks
Keilty has been surprisingly decent in the ruck he has an amazing leap
Can't think of much else from the fringe blokes that has impressed.

JKH anonymous as has Hunt
Smith meh
Maynard invisible
Etc

I'm ******* staggered we are gonna finish within a couple kicks

Don't mind the look of keitly in the *, athletic enough and has a dip at ground level. Haven't been to disappointed in petty, few good grabs and kicking has been pretty sound.

Jayden hunt has been pretty basic, very disappointing really. Pruess has tried but really ineffective. Brayshaw's kicking has been atrocious. ANB has been involved even less than the boundary umpire. Our gameplay has been pretty simple but it's more likely just not showing off too much.

Biggest disappointments today are the 2 key backs, McDonald and frost. Both have been extremely underwhelming.

They're doing pretty well against a reasonably strong Richmond side, to be fair. Few guys like Sparrow look off the pace early doors, but Petty has marked well and Keilty is doing good things too.

Considering they've looked interested for only half the game it's a remarkable scoreline.

Just saw sparrow. Unit

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sparrow looks a good size, liked his little don't argue before the shot on goal

Considering they've looked interested for only half the game it's a remarkable scoreline.

Just saw sparrow. Unit
To be fair, we only looked interested about the same amount of time.

I reckon Sparrow was starting to get it in the last few minutes, nice don't argue before his snap at goal, probably had a bit more time than he thought, laid a real solid tackle on the wing too.

I like that it was also somehow pre season for the on screen clock.
Brayshaw has the potential to become an absolute heel with his decision making by foot and I tend to agree with Preuss's limited assessment of himself, though Keelty looks alright. The main street of Shepparton needs to be renamed after Oliver for his 100m penalty.
All up decent hit out though I really hope not to see a large portion of that team Rd 1

Wouldn't have minded a young bloke or 2 stepping up or having one out of the box but all in all job done.

Unless some miracle happens in the 2nd game it didn't look like anyone put their hand up to break into the 22 at all.

We must be good if we can kick that score with that team against that team

A few things to like, a few things to work on. An Inexperienced side against a very good team with more experience on the day. When Richmond’s pressure was down we were in the game, when it was up they dominated.

To be fair, we only looked interested about the same amount of time.

I reckon Sparrow was starting to get it in the last few minutes, nice don't argue before his snap at goal, probably had a bit more time than he thought, laid a real solid tackle on the wing too.

Yeah by they I ment us lol. He's gonna be a monster of a kid

Gus’ kicking arguably one of the reasons we lost. Some pedestrian disposal at critical moments, always seemed to kill our momentum. A pretty good run though - we looked amazing early. Pleased to finish with scores so close.

Please... they took cotchin, martin and nankervis off at 3/4 time and were toying around and u guy kicked virtually everything whijst they were missing...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back