Play Nice Jobe Watson to retire (no WADA/ASADA debates)

Remove this Banner Ad

great footballer. Better person.

Will genuinely make the most of the rest of his life you'd think. Is as grounded and centred as any footballer I've seen.

If there's one thing I love about footy it's the way family names live on. Well played Jobe

DGwalJfUMAAXZ1N.jpg

1 more chapter could be written if he can reestablish himself and play a part in the finals. Only 1 finals win in his career and he got 3 kicks in it, if he could help the kids go deep in finals it may be worth something in future years.

Also not sure why a MAIN board thread needs to be all flowers, sunshine and rainbows.

Why not discuss his career, both positively and negatively?

If you want senseless celebration and love, club boards are good for that.

Same with Hodge or Priddis, while their threads weren't about drug scandals there was still room for different opinions, not just a glorified wank thread where we all talk about Priddis being a good kick or Hodge being a good bloke. But apparently this is just being an internet tough guy...

Why do people go into retire threads to bag the player? Noticed the last couple now following suit.

A bit like all those people who paid to watch the World Championship 100m the other day. Why would they go just to boo Gatlin when he won? I cant figure that one out either....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sheedy almost ruined his career.
Knights actually reinvigorated it.
In his his prime, Watson was a ball magnet with a superb footy brain. Knew where to be and how to get it.
Still underrated as a player IMO.

Also not sure why a MAIN board thread needs to be all flowers, sunshine and rainbows.

Why not discuss his career, both positively and negatively?

If you want senseless celebration and love, club boards are good for that.

Same with Hodge or Priddis, while their threads weren't about drug scandals there was still room for different opinions, not just a glorified wank thread where we all talk about Priddis being a good kick or Hodge being a good bloke. But apparently this is just being an internet tough guy...

There's been two other seperate threads on Jobe this week to discuss the other issues.

Good riddance to the convicted drug cheat.
Will only be remembered as such.

As opposed to you, who won't be remembered for anything, except maybe being a s**t poster.

seems like a great bloke.
That is rare as many are complete tossers. Just look at Jordan Lewis and Scott Pendlebury as examples.

Terrific footy career.

It's a shame that his legacy is forever ruined by the PED saga but he'll always just be a good solid player that had a couple of years playing some great football. Honestly if he'd just given the brownlow back last year instead of just waiting until the last moment to give it back in some obnoxious way of attempting to save face then he'd still have retained his standing.

Haven't seen it discussed but I was always impressed at how much he managed to improve his kicking from his earlier days. It's not something that most inside mids are able to overcome - if nothing else it was a glimpse into the dedication and discipline he obviously must have possessed. Have always liked the Watson "pure footballer" types, best of luck to him in his post-footy endeavours

Always found it hard to dislike Jobe, seems a genuinely decent bloke.

Amidst the PED stuff and his struggles this year it's forgotten how good he was at his peak, even if it was just for a few seasons.

I remember some of his matches v Carlton several years ago when his clearance work was phenomenal.

Never has a bloke been hung out to dry more than Jobe.

Poor bloke is mentally broken because of his club, the media and the football public.
Name someone else who copped as much heat and negative press for something that they largely had no control over.

Hopefully retirement brings him more joy.

Good career. Still a brownlow medallist in my eyes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back