Recommitted Jordan DeGoey [Re-signed to 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

Great footballer, sh*t bloke.

There is a line to be drawn somewhere.

If he wasn't so good I suspect he'd be out of chances by now.

Like so many before him (and probably so many more to come)....lets just hope that HE grows up this time because he's running out of time.

In other news, this thread is in the trade and free agency board, so the thread should be about trading or acquiring DeGoey via free agency.

Stick closely to the topic please – if you have other comments to make about DeGoey there's the main board and the scandals/rumours board that will be happy to have you.

In other news, this thread is in the trade and free agency board, so the thread should be about trading or acquiring DeGoey via free agency.

Stick closely to the topic please – if you have other comments to make about DeGoey there's the main board and the scandals/rumours board that will be happy to have you.

Are his off field discretions not very much a factor to whether or not clubs will consider him a trade/FA target??? Or whether he should even get another contract from any club?

Are his off field discretions not very much a factor to whether or not clubs will consider him a trade/FA target??? Or whether he should even get another contract from any club?
If you want to say "his off-field indiscretions are a factor" then sure, but it needs to be kept to how much of it is a factor, how will it influence his value, will other clubs not want him or make lower offers as a result – generally much closer to the topic of the thread than potentially libellous gossip about the minutiae of what he did or didn't do. Player comparisons likewise need to be a comparison of how much the player is worth at the trade table, not how many weeks the AFL gave them in suspension.

In 2019 you could barely split JDG and Petracca for output.

Petracca exploded in COVID season 2020 and I assumed it was mainly due to the short quarters. But as we know, that wasn't the case.

I'm not saying JDG will ever catch back up to Petracca but hopefully it has been a lesson to him about pulling his finger out (not literally putting his finger anywhere)

If he keeps his nose clean off-field this year, he’ll absolutely get a good offer.

The guys a gun and his form so far, indicates he’s right on track. Whether it’s with us or another team, he’ll get a juicy contract, perhaps only 3 years, like the Daniher:rolleyes: deal, but it’ll be decent money.

Let's hope Collingwood resign him. Plays great when contract is up for renewal and then gets bored and acts up like a 16yo on schoolies, He doesn't have the tank or fortitude to go to next level....like Stephenson give me my money and I will sail through on reputation. The league is full of them now. When the contracts up they want to perform. He will get bored and fall back into his old habits once the contracts signed. He needs Hugh Greenwoods player manager gone to 3 clubs and shopped his way to ridiculous deals and is a lazy player on huge money with no pressure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His form has been exceptional this year. If we finish in that 10-12th range, a compo pick of pick 6/7 doesn't feel like it's enough.

His form has been exceptional this year. If we finish in that 10-12th range, a compo pick of pick 6/7 doesn't feel like it's enough.
But that’s the nature of FA compo. I expect us to finish bottom 5, can’t can’t complain with pick 6, if it turns out that way. I see us quite a few years off contending and JDG will be approaching the end of his best years by then.

Better to pair up a couple of top 5/6 picks with Nick Daicos and the guys from the 2020 draft that look promising. It’s a nice looking core at this early stage.

I don't think he will leave tbh.

Agree. Expect his manager will be asking $900K pa and a long term contract, but I doubt anyone sees that happening. He is such a high risk proposition for any Club.

Maybe North will have a tepid interest. They should have some cash and are desperate for a game breaker.

Agree. Expect his manager will be asking $900K pa and a long term contract, but I doubt anyone sees that happening. He is such a high risk proposition for any Club.

Maybe North will have a tepid interest. They should have some cash and are desperate for a game breaker.

It won't be us. Noble has publicly ruled out returning to the days of "godfather offers" and he's not an area of need - I'd argue the burst mid/forward role is probably our safest with Zurhaar, Thomas, JHF, LDU and Phillips all inevitably having to rotate in that area. I'm also really bullish on Curtis Taylor who is really under the radar as an x-factor. Clear as day our money should be put aside to improve our key defensive stock.

IMO he definitely stays at Collingwood but ironically I've always thought he might be a bit of a cherry on what the Swans are putting together.

It won't be us. Noble has publicly ruled out returning to the days of "godfather offers" and he's not an area of need - I'd argue the burst mid/forward role is probably our safest with Zurhaar, Thomas, JHF, LDU and Phillips all inevitably having to rotate in that area. I'm also really bullish on Curtis Taylor who is really under the radar as an x-factor. Clear as day our money should be put aside to improve our key defensive stock.

IMO he definitely stays at Collingwood but ironically I've always thought he might be a bit of a cherry on what the Swans are putting together.

Fair enough. I was reaching for options. Thought Larkey and a developing Comben may benefit.

Smirked at the idea of him in red and white but we are chock a block for forwards. We also have Heaney averaging around 3 goals pg and playing mid time.

I expect you are right. For all the yabber in the media, there may be little interest. The Pies can afford to offer him far less than discussed in the media.

Interesting the Pies have come out and said they will make JDG a ‘responsible’ offer. Maybe more of a take it or leave it contract.

No doubting his form over the last season and a half. I’d be surprised if he isn’t offered $1m pa from another club, particularly if he continues with his current form.

Interesting the Pies have come out and said they will make JDG a ‘responsible’ offer. Maybe more of a take it or leave it contract.

No doubting his form over the last season and a half. I’d be surprised if he isn’t offered $1m pa from another club, particularly if he continues with his current form.

Also scandal-free this season to my knowledge.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back