Recommitted Jordan DeGoey [Re-signed to 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon Jordy had a pretty good 2nd half of the year but it was a bit overblown in that while he had a lot of possies he did not always have a lot of impact with them. He still has to bridge the gap between himself and the gun mids.

Gold Coast only won 1 more game yet Touk Miller got 17 votes from 21 games, while Carlton only won 2 more games and Sam Walsh got 30 votes!

De Goey was definitely very good though. Probably more AA squad standard than AA team tho imo.
De Goey started the year up forward with hits in the midfield. Harvey than put him straight in there and left him there.

Depends how he goes this year on the field. Right now he would be looking at pay cut regardless, that could change.
Football clubs ignore most things when someone is a RFA and think said player can take them to the next level. If people think his baggage would deter, I'd think again. Clubs would make up all kinds of excuses to themselves -- they can change said player, a fresh environment -- fresh start will help. Only just needs to be 100% in the players preferred position.

If he has a great year, drama-free and electric on field, multiple clubs will ask the question.

They surely wouldn’t have the cap space.

Unless of course they let Taranto go to get some good picks in return and then spend the money they had set aside for him on JDG. Who they would get for “free”.
But why would anyone do this? GWS would just keep Taranto who is elite and is still a young leader at the club...last year started playing forward a bit too..already a jet in the midfield.

Why we would trade a great player for a
culture killer problem? Couple of draft picks? I don't think so.

They surely wouldn’t have the cap space.

Unless of course they let Taranto go to get some good picks in return and then spend the money they had set aside for him on JDG. Who they would get for “free”.
There's possible ways. Even without letting go if Taranto.

I am sure they have fringe players out of contract on $300-$400,000 a year. Maybe one or 2 of their older players taking a pay cut.

Salary cap will increase by at least $500-$600,000 a year too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's possible ways. Even without letting go if Taranto.

I am sure they have fringe players out of contract on $300-$400,000 a year. Maybe one or 2 of their older players taking a pay cut.

Salary cap will increase by at least $500-$600,000 a year too
Even with Phil Davis' contract and whatnot, we have too many young guys coming through demanding good contracts.
Retention is the key at GWS.
Sure we can bring in cheap key position player like Hogan/Brander....but I think JDG would be the last thing the Giants would be after.

Small forwards will be the target for GWS

Could see him playing for North.

Not that they need him in particular, but he wouldn't have to leave his inner Melbourne home and they could use Stephenson as a selling point.
Yeah we were interested last time

Would be good to add to the team as a free agent
Rotate him mid and forward with zurhaar

But our big priority is KPD so expect us to target that first

OOC at the end of the season, and I don't think it's a stretch that one more off field indiscretion would spells curtains for JDG (at least at Collingwood)

Heard he looked in good nick in the pre season, I think he probably does want to stay at the Pies, but there probably would be several interested suitors out there (esp as he is a restricted FA at the end of the season)

Saints, North, Essendon and possibly Hawthorn would be interested from the Vic clubs, Suns were keen a couple of years ago, so they will throw their hat in the ring again.

Think he stays at the Pies though, provided he doesn't stuff up anymore off field.

I think he'll stay. I think the Pies have already accommodated his next contract so as long as he stays best behaviour he'll stay at Collingwood.

To be honest I can't see North anywhere near him this time, we're not short for forwards that can run in the midfield (Thomas, Zurhaar, JHF). Our focus will be on the back six.

DeGoey already has multiple contract offers that match and are higher than Zac Williams 800,000 a year plus incentives from teams if he decides to cash cash in.

DeGoey already has multiple contract offers that match and are higher than Zac Williams 800,000 a year plus incentives from teams if he decides to cash cash in.
If that's true then he can pack his bags. He's made more than his fair share since 2018; he's a $600k player, good luck to him if he wants more

We saw last night what he can do. 27 disposals, 2.3 goals, 5 clearances, 12 score involvements.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back