Past Coach Jordan Russell - departs NM for Carlton

Coaches of the past.

Remove this Banner Ad

How can anyone possible conclude this?

How is he weaker or stronger than Heath Younie?

Came across very well spoken.

If I was looking for a red flag it was his slight emphasis in radio interviews on "my career path" "my development" etc ahead of how he can serve a team.

That's being picky though but at least it's based on something he's actually said or done. Rather than writing him off just based on "feels".
Look I'm super keen to be proven wrong and I hope he turns out amazing at North.
I was just voicing my current opinion of the situation.

How can anyone possible conclude this?

How is he weaker or stronger than Heath Younie?

Came across very well spoken.

If I was looking for a red flag it was his slight emphasis in radio interviews on "my career path" "my development" etc ahead of how he can serve a team.

That's being picky though but at least it's based on something he's actually said or done. Rather than writing him off just based on "feels".
Agree, I enjoyed his interview.
I took the career path talk as more of an explanation as to why he accepted the Bulldogs gig and then took our offer instead. Wanted to show that he wasn't ungrateful the Bulldogs, just our job was a better fit overall.

Last edited:

Haha spur of the moment hire. Like buying a mars bar.

"Oh sh*t we need another one of them choach thingies. Uh... you! Yes, come be a coach for us."
There were a few Jordan Russells in the impulse section at the supermarket checkout last night and I almost came home with one. Went with the Mars bar.

With all due respect - is there really that much that this bloke could teach JHF, LDU, Jy, Will, Tom?

Think we need to bolster our stocks here if possible given we let Higgo go and Cunners is understandably and unfortunately indefinitely out of action.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm so close to blame bingo

I don't mean to be unfair to you, as I could've plucked ten other posts from ten other posters to make this point on, but can we stop putting people down for putting scrutiny on various aspects of the club?

We're 1-11, had twice as many 50+ point floggings as last year, and the only side we've beaten all year was depleted and full of ring ins. Every single person at the joint should be not just expecting, but welcoming scrutiny. Members of this club are asking questions, across the whole organisation, because of how bad we are. That's not the members' fault.

So long as it doesn't launch into abuse I literally see nothing wrong with asking questions of everyone and anyone involved with our performances at the moment.

I don't mean to be unfair to you, as I could've plucked ten other posts from ten other posters to make this point on, but can we stop putting people down for putting scrutiny on various aspects of the club?

We're 1-11, had twice as many 50+ point floggings as last year, and the only side we've beaten all year was depleted and full of ring ins. Every single person at the joint should be not just expecting, but welcoming scrutiny. Members of this club are asking questions, across the whole organisation, because of how bad we are. That's not the members' fault.

So long as it doesn't launch into abuse I literally see nothing wrong with asking questions of everyone and anyone involved with our performances at the moment.
This is absolutely true. Sillygit’s post was funnier though.

Yea, just jokes there bun, but cheers for pluckin me out. My non specific, weak sauce, chuckle line was clearly over the top.

But to your point, if anything crossed an abuse line it should be removed at the discretion of the mods. Obviously. But much like how anyone is right and free to question the club, literally at any time not just when things suck, i can disagree with ideas put forward. That's the forum.

I trust that the mods will pull me up if i cross any lines. A bit of levity i think is important too, less we all crumble to bits as s**t as things are. But each to their own, i'll try not to russle your jimmy's in future.

duck the budget. Every good business lives in debt.
The problem we face, is we'd be seen as a Bermuda Triangle for any ambitious assistant coach.

I guess we either go after the Blakey type or try to find a diamond in the rough. Russell would be an attempt at the latter.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Yea, just jokes there bun, but cheers for pluckin me out. My non specific, weak sauce, chuckle line was clearly over the top.

But to your point, if anything crossed an abuse line it should be removed at the discretion of the mods. Obviously. But much like how anyone is right and free to question the club, literally at any time not just when things suck, i can disagree with ideas put forward. That's the forum.

I trust that the mods will pull me up if i cross any lines. A bit of levity i think is important too, less we all crumble to bits as s**t as things are. But each to their own, i'll try not to russle your jimmy's in future.
I only plucked you because I love you

Remove this Banner Ad

Back