Josh Caddy - The one that got away

Remove this Banner Ad

ShriekingShack

Senior List
Jun 9, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Geelong must be absolutely kicking themselves that they let this guy go. Is an absolute jet of a player who has become a key cog in Richmond's machine. I firmly believe Geelong would have had a better chance if he was still a part of their team. He is a criminally underrated player who has all the key attributes of a great football player. Clean hands, elite disposal and a hard tackler with some wheels on him. He was my pick for the Norm Smith medal and player of the finals. Kicked some great goals this finals series and was an out and out gun.

What do you guy think? Do you think Geelong will be shattered he left them?

Geelong must be absolutely kicking themselves that they let this guy go. Is an absolute jet of a player who has become a key cog in Richmond's machine. I firmly believe Geelong would have had a better chance if he was still a part of their team. He is a criminally underrated player who has all the key attributes of a great football player. Clean hands, elite disposal and a hard tackler with some wheels on him. He was my pick for the Norm Smith medal and player of the finals. Kicked some great goals this finals series and was an out and out gun.

What do you guy think? Do you think Geelong will be shattered he left them?

Wasn't he arguably one of Richmond's worst players on the day?...

Last edited:

He actually marginally regressed this season.
Happy enough with the trade, essentially replaced as that high HF/Mid with Menegola who was better than any season Josh had with us, got a promising youngster out of it too.

Was completely shocked when Geelong got rid of him, thought he was a lot better than he was being rated.
Was a bit of a whipping boy at Geelong but meh, I don't care if Geelong want to shoot themselves in the foot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was completely shocked when Geelong got rid of him, thought he was a lot better than he was being rated.
Was a bit of a whipping boy at Geelong but meh, I don't care if Geelong want to shoot themselves in the foot.
BF Bulltish as usual. Geelong did not get rid of Caddy; he requested a trade claiming Richmond promised him more time in the midfield (how did that turn out) + his "mate" Dion, was coming across from GC. Yes I was disappointed that he left and I'd hoped Geelong would convince him otherwise, but it didn't happen.

Exactly how was he a whipping boy?????

To be fair to Geelong he was pretty ordinary there. I'm not surprised they didn't try hard to keep him.
Lot of Geelong posters thought he was a squib. I was one who rated his leadership on the field.....got that one wrong

Lot of Geelong posters thought he was a squib. I was one who rated his leadership on the field.....got that one wrong

I always thought he looked so damned sluggish at Geelong. Like he was forever playing injured. I think Richmond may have got him to drop a few kilos because he looked a more up to speed there. Just speculating though.

This never takes long.

Take a solid role player, add a Premiership medallion, and all of a sudden he becomes massively overrated.

Josh is a good player, he had a good year, probably not his best year, but close. Richmond obviously are very happy with this trade, Geelong would be too. Caddy isn't a "missing piece" type player, he's a nice complementary piece when everything else is working well.

The last two years he was a 20 touch 1 goal a game player at Geelong. This year he was 17 and 1 for Richmond.
Certainly a decent to good player. When the ducks lined up for Geelong with his pay, performance etc he was disposable.
He's now a premiership player so good for him.
It certainly looks like his ceiling has been reached though.

He moved to Richmond and became an A grader with a bright future.
giphy.gif

I always thought he looked so damned sluggish at Geelong. Like he was forever playing injured. I think Richmond may have got him to drop a few kilos because he looked a more up to speed there. Just speculating though.
Could be the diagonal stripe? The hoops make you look fat!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back