Player Watch Josh Carmichael

Remove this Banner Ad

I fear that without a game over the last month as JDG has been out, it shows where the club thinks he's at. He's been solid at VFL and got another 3 good goals on the weekend.
if we dont give him opportunities, he might look for more opportunities at other clubs at the end of the season... and I wouldn't blame him.

I fear that without a game over the last month as JDG has been out, it shows where the club thinks he's at. He's been solid at VFL and got another 3 good goals on the weekend.
if we dont give him opportunities, he might look for more opportunities at other clubs at the end of the season... and I wouldn't blame him.

He has only been at the club for just over 1 year. I would be surprised and disappointed if he requests a trade at the end of the season.

He has only been at the club for just over 1 year. I would be surprised and disappointed if he requests a trade at the end of the season.
I hope he stays but being a bit older he needs to do the best for him.
Like Krueger coming to us from Geelong.

AJ, Carmy, Ruscoe = if they can get a longer contract and more senior games elsewhere should seriously think about it.

I hope he stays but being a bit older he needs to do the best for him.
Like Krueger coming to us from Geelong.

AJ, Carmy, Ruscoe = if they can get a longer contract and more senior games elsewhere should seriously think about it.
Agree. It's the downside of having depth.
You could throw Bianco and Macrae in that crop as well.

Was very impressive 2nd half, big chance of a recall next week with the AFL 5 day break.

Fly likes him. He’s shown something. I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s called on to be a sub.

Probably gets a contract next year given the retirements we’d be anticipating.

What can you do? We have a very good stock of midfielders who are better than JC. This is why Richmond lost quality players like Butler and Markov. When you have a very good side with depth good players will always be overlooked and get frustrated.

He has been very very ordinary, butchering kicks and turning over the ball for most of the year.
As a big fan, I'm shocked he's not improved his skills this year.

We can't afford to give opportunities to players who'll turn over the ball continually.

Agree. It's the downside of having depth.
You could throw Bianco and Macrae in that crop as well.
I left them out as they are younger but realistically anyone theat has been in the system for 3 years plus or over 21yo and not cemented a spot in the 23 has potential to move:
  • AJ - 25yo, 1.5 years
  • Carmy - 23yo, 1.5years
  • Ruscoe - 21yo, 4 years
  • Bianco - 22yo, 4 years
  • Macrae - 21yo, 2 years
  • Kelly - 22yo, 5 years
Hopefully they all have future success with us but they a vulnerable to poaching from other clubs.

I left them out as they are younger but realistically anyone theat has been in the system for 3 years plus or over 21yo and not cemented a spot in the 23 has potential to move:
  • AJ - 25yo, 1.5 years
  • Carmy - 23yo, 1.5years
  • Ruscoe - 21yo, 4 years
  • Bianco - 22yo, 4 years
  • Macrae - 21yo, 2 years
  • Kelly - 22yo, 5 years
Hopefully they all have future success with us but they a vulnerable to poaching from other clubs.
Potentially. Out of those, think Kelly, Ruscoe and Bianco the more likely given they have been in the system longer. Wouldn't be surprised if Rusoce gets an offer from back home.

Potentially. Out of those, think Kelly, Ruscoe and Bianco the more likely given they have been in the system longer. Wouldn't be surprised if Rusoce gets an offer from back home.

You're right with Ruscoe. If he's even thinking about going back then all he needs would be an offer and he'd be off. Eagles would have to be crazy not to make that offer.

You're right with Ruscoe. If he's even thinking about going back then all he needs would be an offer and he'd be off. Eagles would have to be crazy not to make that offer.
Especially with its looking like Barass is on the way out
Plus in general, Ruscoe would get more opportunity there, so wouldnt be surprised if they ask the question.

I think Ruscoe could easily be playing senior football. Unfortunately for him, our backline is very strong.
Bianco is just a little slow, so can't see where he fits into the senior side. I don't think he or Kelly would get another opportunity at an AFL club. Most likely VFL.

Macrae is the unknown. Just looks to have some class about him and he seems to be consistent with his performances with strong clearance and disposal numbers. However, I think he can only really play 1 position, and right now, Mitchell is there.
I'd hate to lose him, but if we did, hopefully, he has some currency.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Ruscoe could easily be playing senior football. Unfortunately for him, our backline is very strong.
Bianco is just a little slow, so can't see where he fits into the senior side. I don't think he or Kelly would get another opportunity at an AFL club. Most likely VFL.

Macrae is the unknown. Just looks to have some class about him and he seems to be consistent with his performances with strong clearance and disposal numbers. However, I think he can only really play 1 position, and right now, Mitchell is there.
I'd hate to lose him, but if we did, hopefully, he has some currency.
The club sees him as the next mitchell for sure. They would not want to lose him, so hopefully has a little more patience.

Especially with its looking like Barass is on the way out
Plus in general, Ruscoe would get more opportunity there, so wouldnt be surprised if they ask the question.
shannon hurn was cooked last year and should have been disposed in the green bin a long time ago. Ruscoe would slot in. Ironically, he might get a game with maynard out...the selection or non-selection might be a bit of an insight

Ruscoe would be in the WC leadership group!

actually i'd recruit him to spark their team up. It's one of his strongpoints. I'd be really surprised if west coast dont make an offer for 3 years and i dont think the pies would match it. That being said, I would think the pies would give him another contract. He's consistent now. He's shown that he can play at the higher level. His mum would love to have him back to fetch the grog and smokes too...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back