Player Watch Josh Eyre

Remove this Banner Ad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They’re getting people to start walking (assisted obvs) the day after knee replacements, so walking unassisted a week after a tendon repair probably isn’t that surprising.

They’re getting people to start walking (assisted obvs) the day after knee replacements, so walking unassisted a week after a tendon repair probably isn’t that surprising.

It kinda is. In knee replacements the ends of the long bones are sawn off or shaved, and replaced with titanium and cement. It sounds brutal (and it is) but the components are very stable. With a tendon repair what you’re dealing with in terms of soft tissue is much more fragile.

He’s obviously limping badly and isn’t extending at all on the affected side.

Actually they had me up and walking 8hrs after my operation,same day in the early evening just forty or 50 paces on a large walker.

I am 6 weeks post op and the knee feels fantastic,walking my dog at night 6 or 7000 steps,mowing the lawn and making sure I have and continue to do my rehab fully,for me it is working out better than I expected in the 1st week or so.

The moment he thought he was over, 10 days ago. How things can change quickly.

Jen I think the club did the right thing selecting him,you could see how much it mean,s to him and how much effort he was putting in to be selected. He seems to be moving quite well for a bloke who has recently had surgery to his leg just like McStay who I think I saw trotting laps a few weeks and I was amazed then, I would interested to know if Dan has much swelling in the knee still,thanks Jen for a feel good story again.

On SEN this morning, Garry Lyon and Tim Watson were talking about Supplementary List contract recipients and Watson was a big wrap for Josh “Fresh” Eyre.

Fresh Eyre. Love that nickname!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

On SEN this morning, Garry Lyon and Tim Watson were talking about Supplementary List contract recipients and Watson was a big wrap for Josh “Fresh” Eyre.

Fresh Eyre. Love that nickname!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Haha, shows how much notice Bombers take from Watson.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eyre when over his Injury can go past players like Frampton very easily

Based on what?

Frampton is a premiership player who has a very strong defensive game on Tom Lynch to his credit in a H & A win. What are Eyre’s credentials to date?

It's a matter of time before he's back running laps and he'll pass the blokes on the field like Frampton a heap.

Watch out Billy, you’re going to get passed; easily!

giphy.gif

Based on what?

Frampton is a premiership player who has a very strong defensive game on Tom Lynch to his credit in a H & A win. What are Eyre’s credentials to date?
Yes. Because he was helping out elsewhere, we forget that Frampton was recruited to play in defence. When he gets a fair run at it, we can then pass judgement.

Being behind Moore, Murphy and Howe doesn’t make you a poor footballer.

IF he stays Injury Free after Hammy I can see him playing in 2nd Half of the Season
I don’t necessarily think so. He’s got some good traits but he’ll need to play footy, perform in the VFL. He’s still raw. We need a mature body in defence and Eyre is anything but.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back