Player Watch Josh Eyre

Remove this Banner Ad

Told you chumps his injury wouldn’t stop us recruiting him. Welcome to Collingwood Josh.

I was in your corner!

Glad we have confidence in our medical/conditioning team to get him right.

Could prove to be one of our bigger steals of the last few years or so.

Yeah think that Murphy now has a question mark and due to McStay going down we can still carry a pick into the preseason draft.

I honestly think as soon as a player goes down with a long term injury you should be able to put the on the inactive list and promote someone from your twos.

Yeah think that Murphy now has a question mark and due to McStay going down we can still carry a pick into the preseason draft.

I honestly think as soon as a player goes down with a long term injury you should be able to put the on the inactive list and promote someone from your twos.

Isn't that exactly what we do have the option of doing?

I was under the impression McStay isn't on the LTIL because we think he'll make it back this year

Feel good story and hopefully what couldn't be achieved in the first 2 months training under the guidance of Wade can be during the remainder of the year.

Welcome to Collingwood Josh.

Isn't that exactly what we do have the option of doing?

I was under the impression McStay isn't on the LTIL because we think he'll make it back this year
You can take someone from anywhere in the mid season draft.

But I think as soon as you are VFL listed at a club you should be able to be upgraded at anytime throughout the season

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm happy for all the boys who got picked up. You can imagine Josh Eyre would be willing to run through a brick wall and then swim through shark infested waters if Fly asked him to after such an enormous show of faith and belief in his ability to make an impact at our club.

After all he has endured, I am delighted for him.

Immensely pleased for him. It a terrific show of faith by the club. I didn't think that would happen and therefore jumped on the Teakle bandwagon.

Surely it would be called the Teakle Train!

Happy for Eyre and to back him and Wade in to get the body right.

Good backup for Murphy and if the worse was to happen to Murphy then we have to go another KPD in the mid season. Fingers crossed Murph comes through though.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:
Welcome Josh 👍

As I said in the training thread the other day… the pies have seen a LOT of Eyre.

Of all the players signed, I think they may have made their mind up on Eyre firstly

So I’m confident with their recent track record at identifying complimentary talent… and the injury risk hanging over some of the clubs talls… that we’ll see Josh play seniors at some point in the next 12-18 months ✅

Welcome Josh 👍

As I said in the training thread the other day… the pies have seen a LOT of Eyre.

Of all the players signed, I think they may have made their mind up on Eyre firstly

So I’m confident with their recent track record at identifying complimentary talent… and the injury risk hanging over some of the clubs talls… that we’ll see Josh play seniors at some point in the next 12-18 months ✅
I reckon they decided days ago, only made it official today. He would have been freaking since friday whether the injury ruined his dream. They would have had to reassure him.

What they saw the last months was more than enough. He's gonna gonna be part of our long term future. Has so much potential and upside. Still developing physically, and has a killer left foot.

198cm tall defenders dont come across our club very easily either.

Told you chumps his injury wouldn’t stop us recruiting him. Welcome to Collingwood Josh.

Consider me Chief Chump.

Welcome to his Eyreness, and good luck with your career in black and white (senior version).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back