Player Watch Josh Eyre

Remove this Banner Ad

The other tine you could take the risk is when we're not the reigning premier.

So there’s only two times? That seems pretty limiting, poor guy.

Yeah think that Murphy now has a question mark and due to McStay going down we can still carry a pick into the preseason draft.

I honestly think as soon as a player goes down with a long term injury you should be able to put the on the inactive list and promote someone from your twos.
You can promote someone from your twos whenever you like.

The club obviously sees the talent too. I agree, the risk is worth it.

But people understandably have some doubt he will make it.
I don't really care anymore. He may or may not overcome these hamstring injuries and eventually become a regular AFL player. The suggestion that we would draft him then send him to the hamstring guru in Germany was my major objection - he is not yet Ben Reid. Otherwise with such a lowly pick, I trust the club to make the right decision and if not we don't lose much. Mr Spindle Legs was overlooked but he never did overly enthuse me as a prospect.

I don't really care anymore. He may or may not overcome these hamstring injuries and eventually become a regular AFL player. The suggestion that we would draft him then send him to the hamstring guru in Germany was my major objection - he is not yet Ben Reid. Otherwise with such a lowly pick, I trust the club to make the right decision and if not we don't lose much. Mr Spindle Legs was overlooked but he never did overly enthuse me as a prospect.
Grundy. Sending him to Germany was a joke. How many times do you need to be told.

We have Jarrod Wade. We don't need to send injured players anywhere anymore. We have our very own guru.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Murphy situation probably played a part in the decision to take him, but you've got to be happy for the lad. I love these SSP listings, they are the hard luck stories, the fairy tales, the diamonds in the rough and the good news you want to hear at the end of a long pre-season and the wait for footy to start again. Lifts everyone's spirits just as the season gets ready to kick off. Good luck to him, get those hammies right and get a real crack at being your best footballer.

Glad we got this kid, so young so much time to develop- the time off will help with gym work, listening and watching

Kid will be a regular in the next 1-2 years
If he doesn't have serious hamstrings issues at the beginning of each season as has been the case the last 2 years. Let's not pretend that drafting him has presented him with a miracle cure. He has a long way to go before he becomes a regular player.

Josh’s girlfriend is about to realise what a family club the pies are. They sent her some flowers this morning welcoming her to Collingwood 🤍

ca348f2cda4790313d0eb78b5b045fba.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He said it was overwelming how the whole club, the coaches got around him after his injury. But in that moment, he thought it was over.
They said it wouldn't affect their decision, but he really thought it would. Probably because he had been through this before, so he was expecting the worst.
Said he will be back late april/early may, with plenty of footy to play. And can't wait to attack rehab.

He wasn't in crutches. I assumed (I googled this surgery lol) he would have to be off legs/on crutches for the first 2 weeks, but guess not. He was walking.

He said it was overwelming how the whole club, the coaches got around him after his injury. But in that moment, he thought it was over.
They said it wouldn't affect their decision, but he really thought it would. Probably because he had been through this before, so he was expecting the worst.
Said he will be back late april/early may, with plenty of footy to play. And can't wait to attack rehab.

He wasn't in crutches. I assumed (I googled this surgery lol) he would have to be off legs/on crutches for the first 2 weeks, but guess not. He was walking.
So he hasn't had surgery yet Jen?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back