Player Watch Josh Carmichael

Remove this Banner Ad

He's quite a big unit and can kick a long goal. I loved his first season with us. I remember a lot of us saying he would benefit from a full preseason.
He's certainly fitter, but lacks match play at the moment.
He looked a bit at sea when he came on against Richmond, but he'll get better.

He's certainly fitter, but lacks match play at the moment.
He looked a bit at sea when he came on against Richmond, but he'll get better.
His lack of leg speed got shown up against the Tigers but he did have Rioli on him I think. I reckon he will be a good, strong one paced mid like Barlow (but probably not as good or prolific in gathering possessions!)

More than adequate on the inside as well. Stands up in a tackle and gets a disposal as well as anyone.
I know he does that at a high level in our reserves squad, but I'm just not sure about seniors yet - just thinking back to how often he looked rushed under pressure last season

I know he does that at a high level in our reserves squad, but I'm just not sure about seniors yet - just thinking back to how often he looked rushed under pressure last season
I'm yet to see him hit a target with a handball, which is a pretty crucial skill in our style of footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm a huge fan of Carmichael's and think he will end up being another big-bodied mid that can push forward and score. But I was a little underwhelmed by his output on Friday night. He has come on as the sub a few times previously and had immediate impact but last Friday he went missing. I hope it's an aberration.

I'm a huge fan of Carmichael's and think he will end up being another big-bodied mid that can push forward and score. But I was a little underwhelmed by his output on Friday night. He has come on as the sub a few times previously and had immediate impact but last Friday he went missing. I hope it's an aberration.
I thought much the same - he's a lot better than he showed against the tiggers.

His lack of pace was evident. Came on with fresh legs and still couldn't catch people running on empty in the 4th quarter.

I also like him

However i think traded or delisted at year's end

Tough industry

On a side note I'm very worried about arlo draper

Catching the speed of the game or the rhythm of the game are two different things.

JC hasn't exactly been overloaded with senior footy, so I'm not worried about his inability to suddenly impact a game in the 4th quarter.

I still think he has what it takes to be a useful senior footballer, even if it's ultimately somewhere else.

I'm a skeptic. Pace and composure are both in doubt in my opinion and not a good combination of weaknesses.
Carmichael comes up big with two game-changing goals

Carmichael comes up clutch in beautiful first major
50m goal off two steps

Carmichael comes up big with two game-changing goals

Carmichael comes up clutch in beautiful first major
50m goal off two steps
He is a lovely kick when he has time.

The truck played a blinder today
“East bound and down, loaded up and truckin'
A-we gonna do what they say can't be done
We've got a long way to go, and a short time to get there
I'm east bound, just watch ol' "Bandit" run”