Player Watch Josh Carmichael

Remove this Banner Ad

he blew up yesterday, that kind of game is a demanding for a spot in the 1's. We have to find ways to get him more games. His short development also shows the quality of the coaches and conditioning staff, he was country footballer 9 or so months ago and he was everywhere yesterday!

Loads to like, and he will get his next chance soon enough, composure in tight seems to be the area he needed to work on, has a heap of talent and finds plenty of the footy.

His time will come. We need to remember that he has only had one preseason at the elite level. Building his strength and endurance with another preseason will be all he needs to take the next step. He will be a real asset in the coming years.

His time will come. We need to remember that he has only had one preseason at the elite level. Building his strength and endurance with another preseason will be all he needs to take the next step. He will be a real asset in the coming years.
I reckon he will play this week, he's too good for the VFL

I'm not so sure. I reckon that he (and Fin) have been given a number of areas they need to work on and this will be a year of development. He (they) may get a crack in a few weeks' time but as a long-term proposition I don't see them solidifying their spot for a while yet. I love both these lads and hope to see them in the squad long term.

I'm not so sure. I reckon that he (and Fin) have been given a number of areas they need to work on and this will be a year of development. He (they) may get a crack in a few weeks' time but as a long-term proposition I don't see them solidifying their spot for a while yet. I love both these lads and hope to see them in the squad long term.
I don't think fin is ready. JC looks good though. It will an interesting watch

We need to find a way for Josh to play a role in the 1s. He's above the VFL level. We need to get games into him, continue his development!
The only way is to take a sledge hammer to the legs of one of mids/high half forwards who is slaying it in the seniors.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reef looks ready to take a game by the scruff at times. Great hands and smarts
Our depth is unusual for us.

Hawks at their best used to keep young guns in the VFL for a minimum of 2 or 3 seasons.
I like Reef as well but we are playing like a Premiership team.
You can't drop WHE, Sidebottom or Markov so Reef can get a game.
Like for like replacement based on injury or bad form.
He will get his chance.

The only way is to take a sledge hammer to the legs of one of mids/high half forwards who is slaying it in the seniors.
I really don't care how he gets a game! Even if it's to rest a few of the older inside mids, Pendles, Tay or Titch. We can't just let his development hit the ceiling in the 2s!
We've got a fantastic coaching staff who have managed to find ways to get great production out of role players, I'm sure they can figure out how to get Josh some games!

Absolutely banging the door down at the minute. Think if Mitchell, Adams or JDG either get injured or just need a rest, he's first man up.
i think once we bank a few more wins, guys like Pendles, Sidey, Elliot etc will have some time off and Carmichael, Macrae and McInness will have opportunities with full games rather than as subs.

i think once we bank a few more wins, guys like Pendles, Sidey, Elliot etc will have some time off and Carmichael, Macrae and McInness will have opportunities with full games rather than as subs.
We might see the boys you mention get games if we choose to rest players against NM/WC/Dirty Undies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back