Josh Frydenberg. Out of his depth.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Frydog doesn't have to prove anything to anyone.
giphy.gif

Still waiting for Albo and Jimmy to reduce gas, petrol and electricity prices. LNP will get back in solely for Labor's inability to manage the economy :D
Shouldn’t the market take care of that?

Power deals made under the LNP. Where Japanese consumers get better rates on gas than us, from our gas!!!! Blaming Labor for 9 years LNP shitty contracts…. A new type of ******.

but, but, but only labor makes these balls ups..

So the cost blow out of the RBA building is what we the tax payers of Victoria paid NOT to host the Commonwealth Games.

Last edited:
Will he won’t he in Kooyong is keeping the chattering coffee shops in business

I don’t get that they think fryzo is authorities on economics, and even if he is, isn’t he tainted for steering the economic ship into bad seas?

Would have thought new blood would be better. Who knows Hamer might be a terrific leader one day?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Josh’s process is to think up a job he would like. Not one he’s qualified for or would be any good at, but one that he would like in terms of media coverage and rorting opportunities.

He then gets somebody in the media to float it for him and gauges the reaction.

He did it with the AFL job. He was never spoken to by the AFL.

He’s doing it again with the seat of Kooyong.

Josh’s process is to think up a job he would like. Not one he’s qualified for or would be any good at, but one that he would like in terms of media coverage and rorting opportunities.

He then gets somebody in the media to float it for him and gauges the reaction.

He did it with the AFL job. He was never spoken to by the AFL.

He’s doing it again with the seat of Kooyong.
The timing is the hard one here and I do wonder if Frydenburg's reluctance to run in this election is a tacit admission that the Libs will be in opposition for three terms. Ideally a would be leader would have run this time round, let Dutton lose the election and unseat him after that to get a good run at the next election and I wonder if Fydenburg is holding off here and seeing 2027/28 election as his time to run.

The timing is the hard one here and I do wonder if Frydenburg's reluctance to run in this election is a tacit admission that the Libs will be in opposition for three terms. Ideally a would be leader would have run this time round, let Dutton lose the election and unseat him after that to get a good run at the next election and I wonder if Fydenburg is holding off here and seeing 2027/28 election as his time to run.

I think he’s not running because there’s a very good chance he’ll get beaten again.

People don’t like him, his electorate spoke and would speak again if given the chance.

I think he’s not running because there’s a very good chance he’ll get beaten again.

People don’t like him, his electorate spoke and would speak again if given the chance.
Agreed but I wonder if he's hoping that another term working his way and around the edges might soften that feeling although I tend to think the longer an independent enjoys incumbency the harder they are to beat. If there is a way back for him through my scenario it should probably be in another seat.

Agreed but I wonder if he's hoping that another term working his way and around the edges might soften that feeling although I tend to think the longer an independent enjoys incumbency the harder they are to beat. If there is a way back for him through my scenario it should probably be in another seat.

His problem is the electorate… he might well get elected in another electorate, particularly interstate where he’s not so despised.

It’s actually more this than the personal thing, though I’m not sure he could overcome the latter either.

Kooyong is broadly symptomatic of the wider problem that the LNP have with many of these former “blue ribbon” seats. The changes have been enormous and their mates in property development have done it right under their noses. The old money rusted-on Lib voters have died off, developers have taken their houses and flattened them for apartment blocks, which young people live in.

They’ve replaced 2 old Liberal voters with 10 or 20 young people who will vote for anybody except the Liberals.

The Liberals vote among 18-34s is generally less than 20%. And it’s getting lower. They won’t be elected in young suburbs and these former strongholds are now very young suburbs thanks to the property boom.

Big difference is that the changes to the boundaries means Kooyong is more Liberal than its ever been. From what I've heard, Monique Ryan is no certainty to retain Kooyong, not because of the redistribution, but because she isn't particularly liked and has not done much.

I think Josh knows he would face a massive backlash if he was to oust Amelia Hamer who has already won preselection. That's why he has ruled out a return in 2024/2025.

His problem is the electorate… he might well get elected in another electorate, particularly interstate where he’s not so despised.

It’s actually more this than the personal thing, though I’m not sure he could overcome the latter either.

Kooyong is broadly symptomatic of the wider problem that the LNP have with many of these former “blue ribbon” seats. The changes have been enormous and their mates in property development have done it right under their noses. The old money rusted-on Lib voters have died off, developers have taken their houses and flattened them for apartment blocks, which young people live in.

They’ve replaced 2 old Liberal voters with 10 or 20 young people who will vote for anybody except the Liberals.

The Liberals vote among 18-34s is generally less than 20%. And it’s getting lower. They won’t be elected in young suburbs and these former strongholds are now very young suburbs thanks to the property boom.

I had an impression that some of the most expensive real estate booths swung the most, state and federal

But the erosion of liberal vote goes back a few elections. Putting that idiot in the state kew seat seems to be a big mis step

Big difference is that the changes to the boundaries means Kooyong is more Liberal than its ever been. From what I've heard, Monique Ryan is no certainty to retain Kooyong, not because of the redistribution, but because she isn't particularly liked and has not done much.

I think Josh knows he would face a massive backlash if he was to oust Amelia Hamer who has already won preselection. That's why he has ruled out a return in 2024/2025.

Your take on Ryan is just an opinion which you try to imply is widespread. I doubt it’s true

This dislike is compounded by punting Hamer. If Frydo runs Monique Ryan will destroy him.

I will never understand why Frydo did Morrison’s dirty work and dissed Victoria in the pandemic. It will never be forgotten.

Monique Ryan has done more than any Liberal member could have done.

The teals have been great in my opinion - especially compared to the sooky la la’s they replaced.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back